Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Curious (and unlikely) Problem  (Read 3361 times)

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
Re: A Curious (and unlikely) Problem
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 05:05:16 pm »

Find a dwarf that has no friends. Then lock him deep underground. Have a tantrum spiral kill all of your other dwarves. Then unlock the last dwarf and try to survive.
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 07:35:20 am »

Find a dwarf that has no friends. Then lock him deep underground. Have a tantrum spiral kill all of your other dwarves. Then unlock the last dwarf and try to survive.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 07:54:04 pm »

Flood your fortress with water, very slowly. Be sure to have a lever attached to a system to drain it (for adventure mode). By doing this, you get to slowly watch as one by one dwarves get trapped in rooms by the slowly rising water, and those which do make it out (probably 90% or so, depending on fort construction and who is awake at the time) die of hunger/thirst or from a tantrul spiral from the trapped dwarves dieing.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 07:59:32 pm »

Not too flashy, but locking everyone in their bedrooms would seem to work well.
Oh. And you say you have 37 champions? Lock the barracks door, whoever's in their should die after a while, thus creating a crazy tantrum spiral (since military dwarves socialize a lot and have tons of friends) where your champions go berserk and massacre your non-military population. Then they kill each other. Very efficient.

Alexei403

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 08:07:31 pm »

Give goblins dragonfire.

Radivnal

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me fall on you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 08:44:26 pm »

Hmmm, all these suggestions are fantastic (I'm actually using the locked-door method on my Tax Collector as we speak for killing my fourth Armorer in a row for being unable to come up with 3 fox leather items) but it's not so much that I want to commit "fortress suicide" as I want something nasty to come in and beat the crap out of my army (now 41 champions). I actually think the dragonfire tag on goblins might make things much more interesting...machine-gun-marksdwarves against dozens of fire-breathing goblins...I think there is Fun in the making...
Speaking of which, how is fire in the new version?
out of personal experience, where a dwarf was set alight by a magmaman, ran up 150 flights of stairs, and divebombed into the booze stockpile, I'd have to say fire is the same as always.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 09:10:07 pm »

Give goblins dragonfire.
no
give dragons goblin fire.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Radivnal

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me fall on you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 09:16:01 pm »

I hardly think dragons could be helped by farting and lighting matches in an attempt to jet themselves over my walls...
Speaking of which, how is fire in the new version?
out of personal experience, where a dwarf was set alight by a magmaman, ran up 150 flights of stairs, and divebombed into the booze stockpile, I'd have to say fire is the same as always.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 09:26:07 pm »

Attempt to sap your entire fortress at once.
Thank you based dwarf.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 09:47:24 pm »

I hardly think dragons could be helped by farting and lighting matches in an attempt to jet themselves over my walls...
no, instead of breathing fire, they breathe goblins.
So when they shoot the fire they are actually generating goblins.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 10:11:24 pm »

no, instead of breathing fire, they breathe goblins.
So when they shoot the fire they are actually generating goblins.

In the next version i think that there are solid breathe attacks so it might be possible
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 10:19:53 pm »

Mod goblins to have speed of 1. And the ability to fly, and breathe underwater. Game over.

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 10:39:22 pm »

For those building destroyer beasts out there, create isolated pockets of magma in various places around your fortress that are only held back by forbidden doors and the like. Make sure the doors are not magma proof so even a single wayward thief can trigger the magma torrent.

Make as many barrels of booze as you can, and fill the hallways with them. Now make the invaders breath fire, like a dragon.

Make your stand in the largest room your have in your fortress. Let them come to you.

Scatter spike traps around your fortress. When the enemies come, trigger those traps as often as possible and hope for fun.

For an extra challenge, start off the defense of your fortress by lining up your military dwarves in full shining regalia in front of your fortress... and then activate spike traps that were (in)conveniently placed under their designated posts.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 11:13:33 pm »

1. Swap the goblins with dragons in the raws.
2. Wait for seige to come.
3. Prepare your fortress.
4. Profit??

If your champions are better than that, which they most likely are, copy this over the goblins in the raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, if it works, you should have however many squads of nearly indestructible, teleporting, fire-breathing, monsters. Almost as scary as a river full of hippocarpephants.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 11:39:41 pm »

The key is to gradually take away amenities from your dwarves so they get grumpier and grumpier.

1) Free all beds so that no one has their own room.
2) Remove nice statues and furniture.
3) Destroy some masterpiece items and engravings.
4) Forbid all booze and make them drink water.
5) Take away all prepared meals.
6) Block access to all fresh water and make them drink from stagnant dirty pools.
7) Take away all food and make them hunt for vermin for food.

Note the point at which the majority of your fortress cracks. Have fun!
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3