Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we...

Go to Sol?
- 0 (0%)
Mine the Alpha Centauri asteroid belt?
- 5 (71.4%)
Explore the surface of different planets throughout the system?
- 1 (14.3%)
Or decode and receive messages from the company here at the colony for a month?
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Winstons Equation  (Read 5190 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Winstons Equation
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2009, 02:45:57 am »

They set to work on the project. It will be finished in 3 RL days. Afterwards they will work on a spandex EVA suit wich will be elastic, but still pressurized and oxygenized, so much, much more movement can be gained when in inhospitable environment. This will take 1 RL day as well. You order the construction of 23 mining robots, this will take 2 RL days.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2009, 12:53:28 pm »

Construct a machine that will take raw materials and manufacture solar collection sattelites. Have it begin constructing a Dyson Ring of the sattelites, which communicate with each other to arrange their orbits.

A second machine should be built that can construct probes that can carry fuel for the sattelites and perform repair work. They will be spread out around the ring.

The ring will be perpendicular to the solar plane, so these sattelites can beam their power to a reception station on the daylight side of any planet - preferably those nearer to the star.

This energy beam can also be used as a weapon against invaders.

Of course all the communications and such will be encrypted to the highest reasonable level to prevent anyone else from hacking them.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2009, 10:48:11 pm »

Kill who ever suggested pink.

Leonardo, do you have to be such an ASS PAIN?!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2009, 10:50:28 pm »

I'll agree that the suits can be tan like in your picture, IF all the officers in the mission speak in lolcat.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2009, 10:52:18 pm »

Your scientists set to work on the space suit. It will take 3 days to complete.

Your que is full!

All of your building projects and research projects will be complete on January 4th, Monday, 2010 RT

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2009, 10:52:51 pm »

HOT DOG@
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2009, 10:53:32 pm »

Just allow who ever owns a suit trade it in for a Black, Grey, White, Tan, Brown, Orange and Yellow.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2010, 12:18:16 am »

Nope, we don't have the resources to devote an entire facility to custom paint jobs on the armour, and for military purposes they will all need to be identical to conform to uniform conventions. Given that technology has rendered camouflage obsolete it is best to maintain high visibility for civilian interactions. I would vote fluoro green, but I will vote for one of the standing suggestions, Hot Pink!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2010, 01:12:23 am »

Goddammit RAM, stop being a prick in my side!

TO color armor you only need paint! How hard is it just to put Nanomachines in people now? Or put a tracking and identification system in the visor?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2010, 02:22:45 am »

No, bright pink will not do. It must be able to, on command, switch from 8 diffrent annoying colours/patterns, including the annoying spinning avatar fad one, and at least one that changes colour at a rate of at least 100 vast contrasting appearances per second...

Of course, bright pink would remain as one option, also the default, but it needs more than just one setting!
Eh?
Eh!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2010, 02:32:49 am »

No, Dammit, qwertyopias has now become a temporary prick in my side.

What is everyone gonna think when they see a bunch of soldiers riding into battle flashing the colors of the rainbow? They will think they are elven pansies.
Just allow who ever owns a suit trade it in for a Black, Grey, White, Tan, Brown, Orange and Yellow.
And Navy Blue, Dark Blue, Copper, Bronze, Black and White, Urban Camo, Desert Camo, Woodland Camo, Ghillie Version (Bunch of rocks plastered onto it), OctoCamo version, Stealth, Non Polarized visor plus any of those colors, Dark Green, Light Gray, Red, Armored plus any color (ONLY AVALIBLE TO SECURITY,  EXPERIENCED MINERS, AND EXPERIENCED ENGINEERS), Unarmored plus any color.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2010, 02:38:15 am »

What is everyone gonna think when they see a bunch of soldiers riding into battle flashing the colors of the rainbow?

They will think either "Wow, those soldiers know no fear." or "These people clearly don't take war seriously.". Either we instil terror or overconfidence, it is perfect!

Just to make it clear, my vote for hot pink is now official!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2010, 02:43:46 am »

Technically, what IS needed is a variable setting, of a high-contrast colour for when visibility is most desired, and a dark colour for working stealthily.

More accurately, it should be able to alter colour to reflect the proper ammount of sunlight and absorb the proper ammount, to achieve comfortable temperatures, but also be able to adapt to the tactical situation.

And they must have a seizure-rainbow mode, for the previously mentioned terror/overconfidence possibilities, and also the "it hurts my eyes to even think about them" possibility. (blind them with the colours!)
(Optopnal upgrade adds visual filters to mostly negate the colour changing appearance of allies)
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6