Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we...

Go to Sol?
- 0 (0%)
Mine the Alpha Centauri asteroid belt?
- 5 (71.4%)
Explore the surface of different planets throughout the system?
- 1 (14.3%)
Or decode and receive messages from the company here at the colony for a month?
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Winstons Equation  (Read 5186 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Winstons Equation
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2010, 02:47:43 am »

PHANTOM HAS PUT DOWN THE ORDER FOR HOT PINK ARMOR TO NEVER BE BUILT OR PAINTED. HE ALSO PUTS DOWN THE ORDER THAT TO KILL ANYONE WHO WEARS SAID PINK ARMOR. HIGH VISIBILITY ARMOR IS RESTRICTED TO RED, ORANGE AND YELLOW.

HE LASTLY STATES THAT RAM TO STOP ACTING LIKE A RETARD AND DO SOMETHING PRACTICAL. DON'T YOU COUNTER ME EITHER, JERK. HE STATES THAT YOU CAN JUST PAINT THE GODDAMN ARMOR!
RAINBOWS ARE STUPID FOR BATTLE. NO SERIOUS ARMY HAS DID THAT IN THE WORLD.

I'M TIRED OF PUTTING UP WITH THESE PRICK!!!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2010, 04:16:17 am »

Walking to your quarters, you notice a toad sitting on the counter. He looks awfully sick.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2010, 05:07:47 am »

ARMOR IS RESTRICTED TO RED
Lets use a light shade...

This is about as close to on topic as we can get until the constructions are done, but we should try to get more factories built...

P.S.
 I don't think turning us into the G.D.I. makes much sense, The G.D.I. are a huge drain on their economy and don't really have much in the way of stealth. If we get into any conflicts we will want to try to keep them cheap and away from our facilities...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 05:44:00 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2010, 03:16:21 pm »

Look. I'm only trying to make a bloody effective space suit you twit!
Look, do you have to be such an ass pain that you think everything I do is connected to Command And Conquer? WELL THINK DIFFERENTLY FROM NOW ON ARSEHOLE! Do you know how much money it costs to send those people into space? Probably a shit load! What happens if you send security, miners, and engineers out there with no kind of armor and protection besides their tools and small arms? There will be casualties. What happens if you armor their suits? Lower casualties.

What happens when RAM ticks me off? I got very angry and accidentally piss off moderators.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2010, 04:20:00 pm »

Can you shut up and try not to tick me off? No, you don't have the self control, same with RAM.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2010, 05:19:21 pm »

This is space. In space, heat reflection and heat absorbtion are important. In space, you are either working near a bright object, and want a bright colour, or you are in the dark, and want a dark colour. Or you are hurtling visibly towards them, and the colour doesn't matter.

Thus, you need the colour to be able to change. And just because you *can*, and that it doesn't matter, why not cycle colours rapidly as you suicidally charge, since they WON'T be expecting that, so you will have an advantage over them, if only because it takes them an extra tenth of a asecond to comprehend what they are seeing?

An extra tenth of a second saves lives in a high-tech gunfight.

An extra tenth of a second leads to victory.
Eh?
Eh!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2010, 05:27:46 pm »

They will see your heat signature long before they see your paint job...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2010, 06:39:17 pm »

This is space. In space, heat reflection and heat absorbtion are important. In space, you are either working near a bright object, and want a bright colour, or you are in the dark, and want a dark colour. Or you are hurtling visibly towards them, and the colour doesn't matter.

Thus, you need the colour to be able to change. And just because you *can*, and that it doesn't matter, why not cycle colours rapidly as you suicidally charge, since they WON'T be expecting that, so you will have an advantage over them, if only because it takes them an extra tenth of a asecond to comprehend what they are seeing?

An extra tenth of a second saves lives in a high-tech gunfight.

An extra tenth of a second leads to victory.
Look, we ain't scientists. I just wanted armor.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2010, 06:53:19 pm »

Actually, we ARE scientists, that is why we are out in deep space...
Read the First Post!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2010, 06:53:59 pm »

No, if you "just wanted armour", then you wouldn't care about the colour.

You wanted armour that conformed to your biased view of what it would look like. Though that isn't much diffrent.

Know what would be best?

> Set some scientists to work to find the best colour(s)/shape(s) for the armour, for their various uses.

There, now it is sufficiently abstracted that we know that we will get a decently usable appearance, and not have to argue over the specifics like the less educated people we are. (Specifically, we don't know the situation fully, so we don't know what would be best)
Eh?
Eh!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2010, 07:15:07 pm »

First, we ain't really there to research or anything, we're only there for big money in mining.
WHy can't it just be black? Huh? What? You want a different color? Paint it. Dude, we have a colony, miners and security could just buy paint from the local store.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2010, 07:17:40 pm »

Why are we arguing about color anyway? If it's a colony, it's gotta have stores. They probably have a space Lowes.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2010, 07:40:20 pm »

There is no mall, there are very few shops, the meals and board are probably provided by the company, there is no tourism, the recreation is probably very basic, consisting of sporting equipment and movies. This is like a cross between a space station and an oil rig...
Read the First Post!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2010, 07:47:52 pm »

What, have you been in it? You haven't.

Us: Allow shops like Target or MacDonalds. It wound't hurt unless they bring mining equipment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6