Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few interesting questions  (Read 583 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
A few interesting questions
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:12:31 am »

What was Jreengus, and what exactly occurred?

Also, I'm looking for information on the world that Planepacked was constructed on.  Stuff like world maps, towns, names, dieties, probably the legends too.  Is it still possible to find this info?

This is for a project that I may never start, but would be nice to have the info in case the project becomes doable.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: A few interesting questions
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 07:32:34 am »

You'd have to ask the respective posters of those.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 07:58:27 am »

You know, the wiki needs a page on Jreengus.

Except I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll just be a title header (Jreengus!) and the entire body will be "It occurred".

As far as I know, Jreengus was a kobold battle in a kobold war. So the message read something like, "In 1246, Jreengus occurred".

It then took off via memetic mutation. And a legend was born.

But then again, I'm just guessing from what I've heard.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 11:37:20 am »

No idea about Jreengus.

Planepacked, however, is well known. It's actually a bug, and easily replicable. Build a bunch of aboveground workshops, and when you get a mood that uses one of them, set "Dwarves stay inside" via the orders menu. For some reason, dwarves will continuously grab the item they were going for when the order was set (so if the dwarf was headed for some pig tail cloth, your artifact will have lots of pig tail cloth, or lots of stone, or raw gems, or green glass, etc). This will end when the order is lifted. Also note that while they're in a mood dwarves don't get hungry, thirsty, or tired, so if he runs off and gathers all 110,000 stones in your fort for a mood over a 15 year period he'll be just fine/
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325