Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: GeneRTD Turn 36!  (Read 22224 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 34!
« Reply #360 on: December 29, 2010, 04:20:39 pm »

OK maxicaxi, I let you in, but you're gonna need to make some posts!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 34!
« Reply #361 on: December 30, 2010, 03:59:51 pm »

Double post time. Maxicaxi logged in sometime today, so I know he's not off somewhere. I'll give him until later tonight, about 6 hours, to post.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 35!
« Reply #362 on: January 01, 2011, 04:14:40 pm »

Well maxicaxi was brought in but didn't make a post even though he was apparently logged in more than once after I posted the turn. Therefore, he shall be on AI this turn. And by AI, I mean standing around like a dunce.

Turn 35!

Quote from: RedWarrior0
"That which is dead cannot die, but only rises again, harder and stronger. The same is true with the one who heralds the power of the supreme divine. And so, I will let you know this. The honor of a paladin can never be broken, nor is his strength, for his strength and honor is immortal. The power of the gods wills it."

[S​​​] ASCEND
You make a grand speech, [2] but the kobolds are unfazed, too riled up by the hot-blooded power of their devilish leader! [1] Your own soldiers think you're crazy, and actually suffer a morale penalty from your apparent insanity!

EPIC ACTION ROLL: [6] You, however, go into a powerful trance from your sheer determination.

[6+2][3+2][4+2] You rise up, and charge the kobold leader. You swing your hammer, which he parries with his shield, but you keep going and swing down another blow on his shoulder, splintering his flint armor and slashing up the flesh underneath. You then batter his stomach with a flurry of blows, damaging the armor and bruising the organs underneath the skin. All of this is topped off by a blow to the leader's head, sending him up into the air before a brutal smack to the ground. The Devilish Kobold stands up, and wipes the blood pooling on his lips. Though foolish, the leader is impressed by your assault.

[3+1-1] Phil utterly fails to hit his target, terrified and low on morale.
[6+2-1][4][6] The shovel-bold never knew what hit him, as Tim's bolt lodged itself in his stomach. He coughed up a bit of blood, but remained standing.

(+1 to Hammer, Tim +1 to crossbow!)

Quote from: dermonster
Yes, I believe we have said all that needs to be said. I shall deliver the treaty then head toward the city.

Good luck in the meantime. Farewell.

(Leave the village and head toward the town.)

(Take a gander at the map.)

(Offhandedly) Glendil, if you have any questions, you'd better ask them now.

You leave the village with Metal-Arm and Glendil by your side. You open up your map to look at what is there, and find it's a more or less straight shot. Once you get to the town you could head north and reach a hill that will allow you to spot the city after a few days of travel. Of course, first you must get through the local forest, and Gutrot Village... ugh.

Glendil says that he has no requests, nor demands, save to be done with this journey as quickly as possible.

Quote from: Frelock
Calm the people with an eloquent speech, including things like how they don't need a corrupt noble leader to better their lives, how they can strive forward to a new and better future with their own will and by their own power...commie stuff, ya know, but without the whole kill the bourgeois...
[6+1] Oh, look at that, you've started another goddamn revolution. Antoine looks at you in horror as the peasants pick up arms wherever they can find them, and demand that their so called "hero" and his corrupt (as in, doing their jobs to the fullest extent to the detriment of the corrupt townsfolk) guard be slaughtered! A dozen of them charge the group and engage in melee combat.

What have you done. Also your puppy is barking at you. (+1 to Speech, level gained!)

Quote from: inteuniso
Tell him of my search for an elven village, and the elven bandits who I had slaughtered.
"Wait, wait, what??" The man asked, a bit confused. "When you say elves, you don't mean Gelvirol's village do ya?" He leans forward, causing you to lean back. "Those guys aren't doing anything, they just hide in their village! They don't ever leave besides to trade with me, why would they attack you?" He ponders this for a moment, before snapping his fingers as if he'd made a decision. "You know what! If you're going to the elf village, I'm coming with! I need some answers, and it looks like you're heading in the right direction to find them."

Quote from: RAM
I ask the crossbolds to follow me into the cave, shooting anything that tries to attack a kobold. I lead them by several kobold-lengths and use magic to create illusionary copies of myself that will move as I move, being sure that I am not the middle one and trying to travel a little off-centre from the path.

Create illusionary copies, find invaders.
[5+1] With a little luck, you manage to create perfect copies of yourself. You gather your kobolds and lead them off into the cave, in the exact opposite direction of where the invaders you were just looking at were standing. [1] So far, you've found no signs of any other invaders. (+1 to Arcane Magic, level gained!)

Enemies:

Quote from: The Dai-Kobold Brigade
Finish them.
The Devilish Kobold Commander is impressed with the fight the humans have given them. But he's not about to let some punks invade his village! [4] He begins to glow red, as if from some massive power, and attacks Red the Red with a final flurry of blows. [4+1][3+1][5+1] Before the human can even get in a defense, the sword stolen from the body of Utha penetrates his defenses, and drives deep down into his chest. The Kobold keeps pushing, until Red's lifeless body is jammed into the ground, pinned by the sword.

The human bandit's crossbowmen drop their weapons and flee for their very lives, only to be sniped by crosskobolds just as they were about to exit the forest, though that has little to do with the Dai-Kobold Brigade. The group, battered and weary, bring their dead inside the cave for a proper funeral. (DKC: +1 to Sword, level gained!)

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Spoiler: The Dai-Kobold Brigade (click to show/hide)

And with that, Red has learned that when you're down to your last Hit Point, it's a good idea to accept the offer to surrender.

Feel free to make a new character to replace the dead one.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 01, 2011, 04:57:45 pm »

Head back to starting town and deliver peace treaty to the mayor.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:05:52 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 01, 2011, 06:00:03 pm »

Freaking convince the people of this town that VIOLENCE IS BAD!!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 01, 2011, 06:04:16 pm »

Is that seriously what the moral of that last speech was? Because to me it sounded to me like you were telling a bunch of people who have a record of violent uprisings that they don't need their current leaders. Frankly this result was inevitable. You must remember, the mayor of the town is considered a noble, and they never thought of Lady Honheim as corrupt. To them all they heard was "Other nobles are bad, so just kill 'em all and do their job yourselves."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 01, 2011, 06:08:34 pm »

Like I said.  Commie stuff, but without the whole "kill the bourgeois."
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 01, 2011, 06:44:42 pm »

Unfortunately, you just taught those ideals to a group of very violent and not all that bright peasants. They kind of "figured out" the kill the bourgeois part on their own.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 01, 2011, 06:47:06 pm »

I will ask my crossbolds to find survivors and tend to their injuries. I will use healing magic on the worst of the wounds. We will assist with the funeral services and then organise a mass meeting to address 'the Hunam Problem'.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 01, 2011, 11:04:13 pm »

Unfortunately, you just taught those ideals to a group of very violent and not all that bright peasants. They kind of "figured out" the kill the bourgeois part on their own.
Overshot. I'll edit in a new character.

Name: Blue the Blue
Race: Human
Skills: Arcane magic x2
Profession: Mage
Brother of Red the Red.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:09:52 pm by RedWarrior0 »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 02, 2011, 09:54:01 am »

Head to the Elf village with the farmer.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2011, 07:58:40 pm »

Update this weekend. I don't know why maxicaxi signed up if he's not even going to bother posting.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 36!
« Reply #372 on: January 15, 2011, 10:12:49 pm »

Holy shit, guys, guess what! Turns out this is something of a milestone. At this moment, GeneRTD is the longest RTD I've done, this current turn edging it past my original, ARRRRR T D! Pat yourselves on the back for putting up with me this long.

Turn 36!

Quote from: dermonster
Head back to starting town and deliver peace treaty to the mayor.
[5] Glendil happens to know the way back to the village. Apparently he's been out there scouting, for purely curious and peaceful reasons he insists. He leads you there in record time. You walk past a quickly-forming riot and into the mayor's home, where the fat slob is sweating up a storm as he realizes just how much danger he's in at the moment.

"Oh, my! You really did pull off an amazing feat there, didn't you, I never expected you to find the elves, let alone get their treaty! Here, here, take this, you've really done a bang-up job here!" He enthusiastically hands you 100 gold pieces, plus an extra 15 for getting the peace treaty, enough to live comfortably for years. However, it could easily be blown in five minutes getting ready for a journey to the north if you aren't careful.

Quote from: Frelock
[2+2] With the very experience you gained convincing the town to commit violence (accidentally), you convince them to stop the riot. They feel rather awkward at this sudden turn of events, and quickly scatter before the guards decide to punish the near-revolution. Antoine thanks you for fixing the little blunder.

Quote from: RAM
I will ask my crossbolds to find survivors and tend to their injuries. I will use healing magic on the worst of the wounds. We will assist with the funeral services and then organise a mass meeting to address 'the Hunam Problem'.
[6] The injured kobolds, though few, are in dire need of your healing magic. In a bold attempt, you go for a mass-heal spell. [6+1] Through a miracle, it works, and the kobolds are back on their feet quickly. They label you a hero, and drag you away from the funerals to a ceremony, where the Dai-Kobold Brigade and your own team are recognized as heroes. Unfortunately, they lack the metals to make medals, and can only give you their thanks.

Afterward, you gather the entire cave's population to the only section of the cave capable of holding them all. They wait for you to begin explaining the situation to them.

Quote from: inteuniso
Head to the Elf village with the farmer.
[5]You set off with your newfound companion. All the way along, he seems to be whistling various tunes to himself. It'd be a little creepy if it weren't so heartwarming. Eventually you come to a clearing, but the farmer stops your hands.

"Wait, wait something's wrong here. Look at that, you can see their huts and everything a mile away. There's supposed to be a cloak here! Something's gone real wrong if the cloak's down. We'd best be cautious."

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Appear
Back in the village, a new arrival is barely noticed amongst the chaos that has plagued the town in the last few days. Blue the Blue is prepared to avenge the brother he really shouldn't even know is dead yet.

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Ugh, I feel disgusted with this turn for some reason. The quality just seems below par.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:38:01 pm by CJ1145 »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 15, 2011, 10:25:21 pm »

Don't I get the skills from starting as a mage?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 15, 2011, 10:48:28 pm »

Don't I get the skills from starting as a mage?

Yeah, you do. Can't believe I forgot that. See what I was talking about?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26