Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: GeneRTD Turn 36!  (Read 22226 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 33! *1 Spot Open*
« Reply #345 on: December 22, 2010, 10:37:04 pm »

A guide?

Ah yes. I see you old man. This is perhaps a punishment and a lesson all in one? Send out the arrogant nephew to traverse the world with his perceived lesser's, and he will come back more humble, and wiser in the ways of the world.

(laugh)

A two for one deal. I get a guide, and a pseudo student.

Very well. Rest assured that your nephew is in good hands. Perhaps he will make a proper member of society yet.

(Stand up. Bow)

Thank you for this opportunity.

And as for you Glendil, don't expect me to be forgiving. You mess with me and the consequences will be dire.

Grab anything you might need for the journey.

(Turn to leave through the door. Pause.)

Oh, pardon me, I seem to have forgotten. I promised the mayor of the town over a treaty of peace.

(Take out another scroll. Write up a standard cease-fire agreement)

Terribly sorry, but could I bother you for a signature in Common this time? A signature in Old Elvish would seem out of place.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 23, 2010, 07:29:33 am »

Name: DOOMPOTATO
Race: Tiger man
Skills: Two arcane
Profession: Mage
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 34!
« Reply #347 on: December 27, 2010, 02:10:34 pm »

Turn 34!

Quote from: Frelock
Well, Bubs, I could you a fellow like yourself in my travels.  Join me, and I will assure you that you shall not go hungry unless the same can be said of I.  And here is your first payment; three gold pieces.

Head out of town on a wild adventure!
The little kobold accepts your gift with much enthusiasm, and decides to follow you towards adventure. [1]Sadly, you find anything but adventure. You don't take three steps out of the police station before a mob of citizens appears. Apparently they're all servants and serfs employed by the late Lady Honheim. And now that they're out of a job, they figure they might as well get some compensation; they figure your lives will be a good start. Antoine, the new captain of the guard, and three others step out and start arguing with the citizens, though you fear another riot may break out at any moment.

Quote from: RedWarrior0
"Thug?!"

Rage at and ravage the kobolds so hard they think I'm a berserker.
[3] In a mild fury, you charge the kobolds alongside your companions. You swing at the devilish Kobold Commander. [2+2-1] Sadly, his flint armor deflects your blow. He smirks and begins chittering a speech that you're certain is very inspiring and hot-blooded but you really just don't care.

[2+1] Phil attempts to shoot the commander while it's distracted, but it does little to stop him considering it never even comes near him.
[2+2][2] Tim tries to snipe the shovel-wielding Kobold, but the soldier deflects the blow with his curious weapon.
[6+1][6][6] Utha, however, goes full-out blood rage after the slaying of her partner, and guts the sword-wielding kobold on her spear. He coughs up a bit of blood and his eyes cloud over for a second, before he backpedals away gasping for breath. He clutches the wound in his stomach and shouts "Kribbl chittpibbatchtch!" You have absolutely no idea what this means. (Utha, +1 to Sword!)

Quote from: inteuniso
This is strange. I'm somewhat suspicious of this man.
Introduce myself, and ask of him.
"Who, me? Just me?" The stranger asks, in that peculiar voice of his. "Why, I'm a farmer! A simple man out in the woods, living a simple life, away from all the big, complicated machinations of the world outside! But you, Zolak hm? Tell me." He continues, putting his arm around your shoulder and laughing jovially. "Why've you come all the way out to my little corner of the woods? Where were ya going that put you on this path?"

Quote from: RAM
Remove the spell, ask to be taken to the humans for the purposes of killing the invaders.
As soon as the kobolds see who you really are, they apologize, bowing towards the mighty monster-killers, and take you to the entrance of the cave. You get there to see that the Dai-Kobold Brigade has managed to slay one of the invaders themselves, though they're taking the worst of the fighting.

Quote from: dermonster
A guide?

Ah yes. I see you old man. This is perhaps a punishment and a lesson all in one? Send out the arrogant nephew to traverse the world with his perceived lesser's, and he will come back more humble, and wiser in the ways of the world.

(laugh)

A two for one deal. I get a guide, and a pseudo student.

Very well. Rest assured that your nephew is in good hands. Perhaps he will make a proper member of society yet.

(Stand up. Bow)

Thank you for this opportunity.

And as for you Glendil, don't expect me to be forgiving. You mess with me and the consequences will be dire.

Grab anything you might need for the journey.

(Turn to leave through the door. Pause.)

Oh, pardon me, I seem to have forgotten. I promised the mayor of the town over a treaty of peace.

(Take out another scroll. Write up a standard cease-fire agreement)

Terribly sorry, but could I bother you for a signature in Common this time? A signature in Old Elvish would seem out of place.
The old elf acts indifferent to your keen observations, if a little annoyed that you clued his nephew in on the purpose of sending him along. As Glendil leaves muttering to gather supplies for the trip, the old elf agrees to sign your treaty, if it will guarantee no retribution for his village from the attacks. He signs his name as "Gelvirol" on this treaty, and hands it back to you. "Now, then, you had best be off." He says, as Glendil returns with his pack. He also brings along an elvish bow and a suit of leather armor.

Quote from: maxicaxi
Appear
Back in the village, the people not rioting notice that a new stranger has appeared, this one dressed in robes and looking suspiciously like a giant tiger. They keep their distance from the man.

Enemies:
Quote from: Dai-Kobold Brigade
Continue to defend our sacred village!
The Devilish Kobold Commander decides to face Red the Red in one on one combat. He takes his sword and lunges with much strength. [4+1][5][6] With a single blow his heavy mace rips through your armor, and sends a fresh spurt of blood and bone from your chest. The world begins to spin and lose color as you lay on the ground, nearly out of strength. (DKC, +1 to Sword!)

[4+1][5][4] The sword kobold lifts his blade into the air and nicks Utha in the face before stumbling to the ground from his own lack of strength. (+1 to Sword!)
[3+1][5][5] As Utha spins to face the sword kobold, the one wielding the spear jams his weapon into her back. A fresh jet of blood shoots out as she screams in pain.
[4+1][6][5] Before she can even counter the spear-bold, the shovel kobold leaps into the air, shouting a battle cry in his language, and brings the shovel down on Utha's head, shattering her skull. She falls over lifeless as the kobolds celebrate. However, their Devilish leader walks over and silences them. He picks up Utha's sword and points it at Red the Red. He then speaks in, of all languages, Common. "You can't match our power, invaders! Get out of here before we slaughter the rest of you!" (Sword and Shovel-bolds, +1 to Weapons!)

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Spoiler: The Dai-Kobold Brigade (click to show/hide)

How the hell did these mooks become the Quirky Miniboss Squad?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 27, 2010, 02:18:51 pm »

"That which is dead cannot die, but only rises again, harder and stronger. The same is true with the one who heralds the power of the supreme divine. And so, I will let you know this. The honor of a paladin can never be broken, nor is his strength, for his strength and honor is immortal. The power of the gods wills it."

[S​​​] ASCEND

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 27, 2010, 02:19:48 pm »

Yes, I believe we have said all that needs to be said. I shall deliver the treaty then head toward the city.

Good luck in the meantime. Farewell.

(Leave the village and head toward the town.)

(Take a gander at the map.)

(Offhandedly) Glendil, if you have any questions, you'd better ask them now.

Is the map going to be described in text, or is it going to be drawn?

Also yay I have a major plot line all to myself.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 27, 2010, 02:25:25 pm »

I can't draw well, so it's going to be described.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 27, 2010, 02:38:36 pm »

Calm the people with an eloquent speech, including things like how they don't need a corrupt noble leader to better their lives, how they can strive forward to a new and better future with their own will and by their own power...commie stuff, ya know, but without the whole kill the bourgeois...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 28, 2010, 08:47:49 am »

Tell him of my search for an elven village, and the elven bandits who I had slaughtered.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 28, 2010, 06:24:15 pm »

I ask the crossbolds to follow me into the cave, shooting anything that tries to attack a kobold. I lead them by several kobold-lengths and use magic to create illusionary copies of myself that will move as I move, being sure that I am not the middle one and trying to travel a little off-centre from the path.

Create illusionary copies, find invaders.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:25:49 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 28, 2010, 07:16:13 pm »

CJ, on a roll to do an epic action, are rolls the same?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 28, 2010, 07:28:00 pm »

Never really thought about it. At the moment yes but that's subject to change depending on my mood.

MagusBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 28, 2010, 08:07:00 pm »

Frelock, you should also show them the letter as well...

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 28, 2010, 08:08:38 pm »

That IS a good way to slaughter a crowd, I'll give you that.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 28, 2010, 10:41:59 pm »

That IS a good way to slaughter a crowd, I'll give you that.
That particular letter should get a +(d%)d% bonus to attack rolls. Even mentioning it in an agreesive manner to a deaf, blind, mindless ooze. So if the first d% comes up 100, it's 100d%, etc.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 28, 2010, 11:12:43 pm »

These are civilians; we don't want any unnecessary casualties.  The letter is a last resort.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26