Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: GeneRTD Turn 36!  (Read 22233 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 29!?!
« Reply #315 on: November 05, 2010, 10:00:39 am »

Ah, finally, someone with some intelligence. I do hope I'm not intruding on anything. Ah, the spell. I do wonder why a protective spell would need to be dispelled at the moment, but I'm willing to oblidge if just for politeness.
Dispell Anti-Arrow field, Follow the elder.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 29!?!
« Reply #316 on: November 05, 2010, 09:34:58 pm »

I don't trust these are the only bandits.
Threaten the elves I will do what I did to their leader unless they give me information.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 30! A Damn Milestone
« Reply #317 on: November 19, 2010, 10:22:28 pm »

Turn 30!

Quote from: Frelock
Interrogate Kelburn, and then send the Kobold to go get the constable.
Your little friend goes off to fetch the authorities, leaving you to interrogate Kelburn.

[3] You tell him to fess up about Lady Honheim and her plan, but he looks at you like you're crazy. "What? Who's that? And who are you, seriously?! Why am I tied up?!" He makes some other, rather whiny questions, but you quickly get the idea that when you healed him, apparently he developed some severe amnesia.

Quote from: RAM
we track down the terrible monster that has been haunting these people(kobolds)
You take your entourage out hunting for dangerous creatures. [5] You lead them deep into the caverns, heading far underground. You hear slithering in the darkness, but before you can react a horrible monster throws itself at you. Its head is like a mountain lion's, its body like that of a great serpent. A terrible poison drips from its fangs. Your kobolds flip the fuck out and beg for you to do something.

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Call lightning from the heavens to destroy these scoundrels! Block their escape with banana peels.
[3][6] You call down a few bolts of static electricity, ruffling the pair of kobolds' fur and generally making their day worse. They are also surrounded by banana peels, much to their confusion. Your allies take this as a signal to attack, and rush to the offensive like madmen.

Thug and Utha each attack a guard, but first attempt to navigate the peels. [5][6] They hop over the yellow obstacles with great skill, and swing at the fuzzy, adorable monsters. [3+1][4][2] Thug fails to do any damage to his target. [1+1] Which is more than Utha accomplished, failing to even touch the kobold.

Your crossbowmen go next, firing straight into the melee. [1][4][3] One bolt strikes Thug in the back, but he ignores the slight wound. [6+1][6][6] The other bolt smacks the kobold straight in the eye, killing him on the spot. (Tim: +1 to crossbow!)

Quote from: dermonster
Dispell Anti-Arrow field, Follow the elder.
You dispell the field, and find that no attacks come your way. You follow the elder into the village, mainly huts in trees, though the one he leads you to is more like a longhouse in the center of a clearing. A long table fills most of the house, but he leads you to one end near a fireplace and sets you down, taking a seat in a chair nearby facing you. His nephew does the same.

"Now then." The old man begins. "You know why you were attacked now, traveler, but we still don't know why YOU are here. Would you care to explain why you've come to our village?"

Quote from: inteuniso
Threaten the elves I will do what I did to their leader unless they give me information.
[5] You are a fantastic negotiator, getting them to spill everything: Their leader, Alise, and they were sent out here to kill any human caravans that passed to try and weaken the village's economy to prepare it for a raid. They give you the location of their village after much threatening, but beg you to leave it alone, as most of the ones present there are innocent civilians; women and children and such. (+1 to Speech, level gained!)

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Spoiler: Kelburn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elven Bandits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Underground Horror (click to show/hide)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 30! A Milestone or Something
« Reply #318 on: November 19, 2010, 10:42:46 pm »

Ah, well you see, the village to the (Direction of town) Has had its merchant caravans attacked by elven raiders. The mayor sent many diplomats to this village but they turned up dead on the outskirts.
I was sent to make peace, or if necessary, war.
(Glances at the nephew.)
But it appears that war may be unnecessary. You clearly do not approve of the events, and were unaware of the cause of the raids. I assume that your nephew is the head of the operations?
(Shrugs.)
In summarization, I was sent here to make the raids stop one way or another. I would prefer the non-violent route if it's all right with you. Makes things much less stressful.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2010, 11:21:54 pm »

Shouldn't I get a skill bonus or something towards getting into more trouble than I can handle?

"Shoot her! Shoot her!"(as per a certain scene from Jurassic park, but with kobolds...)

I attempt to generate a blinding flash of magical light between me and the monster, and call upon my elite Marxbolds to shoot it in the head, with as confident and reassuring emphasis as I can muster.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 20, 2010, 12:21:29 pm »

Jump inti the fray, and shout "STOP!"

If sufficient attention is gathered, crush in a kobold skull and say "Hammertime"

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 20, 2010, 01:11:58 pm »

Go through the deceased witch's possessions, looking for both evidence and useful items.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 04, 2010, 05:59:07 pm »

Can anyone confirm or deny Pillow_Killer and inteuniso's disappearances?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 05, 2010, 10:05:14 am »

Go to the elven village; I have a plan.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 31! Pillow_Killer, a hero gone missing!
« Reply #324 on: December 05, 2010, 04:23:47 pm »

Turn 31!

Quote from: dermonster
Ah, well you see, the village to the (Direction of town) Has had its merchant caravans attacked by elven raiders. The mayor sent many diplomats to this village but they turned up dead on the outskirts.
I was sent to make peace, or if necessary, war.
(Glances at the nephew.)
But it appears that war may be unnecessary. You clearly do not approve of the events, and were unaware of the cause of the raids. I assume that your nephew is the head of the operations?
(Shrugs.)
In summarization, I was sent here to make the raids stop one way or another. I would prefer the non-violent route if it's all right with you. Makes things much less stressful.
You make a long speech, possibly in freeverse poetry, about the task you have been sent on. [5] The old elf gives this thought for a long while. Eventually you wonder if he's just died in his seat, but he abruptly starts talking again. "Our village had no knowledge of these attacks. I can assure you that they will not happen anymore. However, in solving this matter you have brought another one, most dire to our village. The reason we keep ourselves hidden is that, well, the elves are no longer the great power we once were."

The nephew attempts to protest this, but the old man silences him. "Our powers were once mighty, but we have been weakened over many generations. We do not know why, but our mages had confirmed that it was a dark power, one so great that it could wipe out the world with a mere thought, before the Halfling's War tore our empire apart. We feared our doom, and hid ourselves away; but with your arrival, you have revealed us to the world once more. I wonder, would you be willing to help us ensure the safety of our village?"

With a jolt you realize that this is a High Elf, one of the citizens of the elven empire that existed long before the other races held power. (+1 to Speech, level gained!)

Quote from: RAM
I attempt to generate a blinding flash of magical light between me and the monster, and call upon my elite Marxbolds to shoot it in the head, with as confident and reassuring emphasis as I can muster.
[1]With a small flicker of light, you very assuredly have the monster's undivided attention. In a squeaky voice of terror, you tell your kobolds to fire. They respond in the affirmative, with even squeakier, more terrified voices. [4+1][5][2];[1];[4+1][6][6+1] Your kobolds do very little damage except for Eye-Drippings, who manages to score a perfect hit on the beast's head. (ED: +1 to Crossbow!)

Quote from: Frelock
Go through the deceased witch's possessions, looking for both evidence and useful items.
[6] Aha! You manage to find a... very risque love letter sent from the Lady to her lover Kelburn. Oh. Oh gods. Wait, she did what with a chicken? Oh, gods, I'm never eating beef again. You shove the letter in your bag. It's proof, and you're fairly certain that it mentioned her plans somewhere in there. Maybe the chief will pay you just to burn the letter after he's read it. [1] Sadly, her equipment was lacerated, dented, and generally annihilated in the battle. She's pretty much been torn apart, and you think you see chicken scratches under her frayed dress. [4] You manage to keep your mind intact as the memories flood back. (Held lunch after reading letter! +1 to max health)

Quote from: inteuniso
Go to the elven village; I have a plan.
You leave your companions to take their prisoners and cargo onto the nearest village, and strike out alone. [2] However, you quickly become lost in the woods. You hear barking in the distance, though it sounds more like a domestic dog than a wolf.

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Jump into the fray, and shout "STOP!"

If sufficient attention is gathered, crush in a kobold skull and say "Hammertime"
[2]You charge forward and slip on the very bananas that you sent in ahead of you. At least you avoid any real damage to yourself.

Thug and Utha each attack the remaining kobold. [3+1][6][5] Thug strikes first, and smacks the now bloodied corpse into the dust. Your party picks you off your feet and tells you that it sounds like many more kobolds are coming. Orders?

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
You've gone missing! Someone, come and save our dear hero!

Enemies:

Quote from: Underground Horror
Devour delicious kobold
[3+2][1] The monster attacks stinky, but your kobold leaps away, with a bit of luck on his side!

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Spoiler: Kelburn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Underground Horror (click to show/hide)

As a note, I am accepting a new application to replace Pillow_Killer.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:59:00 am by CJ1145 »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2010, 04:26:55 pm »

What about my action? Does it need to be bolded or something?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2010, 04:27:33 pm »

Yours was completely forgotten. Adding now.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2010, 04:40:04 pm »

Wait for the constable to come, then explain everything.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2010, 04:42:03 pm »

>Open up my menu to see what COMBAT OPERANDIs I have.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2010, 04:49:07 pm »

So you are high elves?  This day just keeps getting more and more interesting.

Protection of the village? Do you mean going out to destroy an evil abomination or such? Yes, it must be. I know how these things work. It starts small but then builds up to the great evil. It's how it always works. Done it before, Will likely do it again.

(Thinks this over.)

I would be willing to do it, yes.

The problem here, of course, is that I am a freelancer/mercenary. I require payment, But while I'm sure that you might be able to afford a gold cost, Going out and defeating some sort of great dark power that weakened the old kingdom? I think I would require a little more than coinage.

Your people once wielded great magics, correct? And it has been many centuries since you fell.

(Ponders this)

Yes, I think this will work nicely. In exchange for my services, I require payment in the secrets of magic. Surely you have some great book of knowledge stashed somewhere that you can no longer decipher or use? Perhaps a dormant weapon of great power?

Of course, If I'm blowing this entirely out of proportion, and the task is minor, then a small fee will do.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26