Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: GeneRTD Turn 36!  (Read 22240 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 28!
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2010, 12:32:06 am »

Recruit a band of elite volunteer kobolds to prove the concept. Proceed to assemble some crossbows.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2010, 02:25:30 am »

Impress the peasantry with my awesome magic and proclaim myself their leader!
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 28, 2010, 03:21:05 am »

Lief raises his hammer in a victory pose.  "Finally, I have defeated mine enemies!"  Seeing Kelburn still breathing, he lowers his hammer and comments, "But the poor fellow looks so helpless."  He sighs.  "Sometimes, I think it would be easier to just slip from the path of righteousness.  Nevertheless, for the good of his immortal soul, I will attempt to salvage this evil scoundrel."

Order the kobold to tie Kelburn up as I heal him.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2010, 01:10:02 pm »

Pinch her to death.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 10, 2010, 10:32:32 pm »

Hey guys, there's things going on my life that are a bit too hectic for me to do anything meaningful. Consider the the RTD on hold until things calm down a bit. There may be an update here and there, but nothing approaching a schedule.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 28! *On Hold*
« Reply #305 on: November 03, 2010, 03:22:57 pm »

Looks like I'll be having some free time starting this weekend. If I started this back up would everyone be around to keep playing?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 03, 2010, 03:48:54 pm »

GOOD GOD YES.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 03, 2010, 05:15:15 pm »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 03, 2010, 06:38:45 pm »

Oh, yes, I needed to build my kobold nation...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 03, 2010, 10:27:26 pm »

Looks like I'll be having some free time starting this weekend. If I started this back up would everyone be around to keep playing?

YES. I need this back.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 03, 2010, 11:29:40 pm »

You have my sword!  ...I mean hammer... And my little kobold friend too (still need a name for him...)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 29!?!
« Reply #311 on: November 04, 2010, 09:40:44 pm »

Turn 29!

Quote from: dermonster
"Metal, disarm this elf. And as for the rest of you, Have you no civility? I simply want to talk, and before I say a word you aspire to end me. Now, can we settle this peacefully,"
I cast a mild fear aura.
"Or are we going to have a problem?"

Metal nods silently and rips the sword away from the elf, still dazed from the solid blow to his face. The other elves are shocked by such displays of strength and, well, competence from foreigners.

[5]Furthermore, your displays at diplomacy are quite perplexing to them, silencing the lot before you even get off a spell. A wizened elf pushes away a few of the bowmen and comes as close to the bubble as he can, looking not at you but the elf inside.

"Glendil." He muttered sullenly. "I knew it had to be one of you thugs terrorizing travelers, but imagine my surprise to find my brother's son at the head of it. Where is Alise then? Is she involved?"

The younger elf, still at the mercy of Metal Arm, looks only at the ground in shame. "Yes. She and the others are on a caravan raid. But I swear uncle, I had good reason--"

"ENOUGH!" The elder shouts, silencing his nephew. He then turns to you. "Please, take that bubble down. As long as I'm here I can promise that none of these... hooligans will bother you. If you'd come with me, I'm sure we can get this straightened out." (+1 to Speech, level gained!)

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Gr... Hide somewhere and find a really powerful spell to take out the kobolds. In. One. FellHoly. Swoop.

Don't cast it, though.
[6][1] With careful deliberation, you take your soldiers and hide in a thicket off to the side. The kobolds have completely lost sight of you. For that matter, you can't see them through the thick bushes.

"So boss, what are you gonna hit 'em with?" One soldier asks.

Barely stifling your laughter, you reply "Oh, it's just too perfect! When they're not looking, I'll summon a BANANA peel by the feet, which will cause them to slip and fall!"

You can barely contain your amusement at your pranking genius, though your soldiers don't seem to share your marvelous sense of humor.

Quote from: RAM
Recruit a band of elite volunteer kobolds to prove the concept. Proceed to assemble some crossbows.
Determined to show the worth of your idea to the fellow chiefs, you set out in search of a team of elite kobolds. [5] You find the three greatest crossbowbolds in the cave: Stinky, Inkblot, and Eye-drippings. Don't let the names fool you, they're definitely the best of the best. (3 Crossbowbolds gained!)

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
Impress the peasantry with my awesome magic and proclaim myself their leader!
[1+1]With your impressive magic and tales of adventures to faraway lands, you manage to convince the peasantry that you're the single worst story-teller alive. Several rotten tomatoes and at least one tulip vase is thrown at you as you flee from the angry mob quickly forming in your wake.

Quote from: Frelock
Lief raises his hammer in a victory pose.  "Finally, I have defeated mine enemies!"  Seeing Kelburn still breathing, he lowers his hammer and comments, "But the poor fellow looks so helpless."  He sighs.  "Sometimes, I think it would be easier to just slip from the path of righteousness.  Nevertheless, for the good of his immortal soul, I will attempt to salvage this evil scoundrel."

Order the kobold to tie Kelburn up as I heal him.
After your little friend ties Kelburn up, you cast a healing spell upon him. [4+2] With your fantastic skills, you bring the man back from the brink with nearly perfect efforts. However, a slight singing of the cerebrum during the process may have some... unintended effects. He slowly comes to, groaning in pain as he asks where he is. Suddenly he spots you and the kobold, and his eyes light up with curiosity and a mild bit of fear.

"W-who are you two?" He asks, genuinely fearful. (+1 to Healing Magic!)

Quote from: inteuniso
Pinch her to death.
Now dedicated to unarmed combat, you... pinch her. [6][5][6] It goes horrifyingly well. As the woman thrusts at you, you deflect her spear and knock it out of her hands entirely. You zoom behind her, and from your point reach your hand around to the front of her, and push your fingers deep into her neck, grasping her windpipe. She spends a few moments gasping for air in vain before falling to the ground, her eyes pleading for mercy until you choke the last of the life out of her. (+1 to Unarmed combat, level gained!)

NPCs:

The elf bandits surrender, mortified as their leader is killed in front of them. The three farm boys, bruised and bloodied, round them up and tie them to a tree before collapsing to the ground and taking a much-needed rest.

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Spoiler: Kelburn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elven Bandits (click to show/hide)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 05, 2010, 01:05:30 am »

Excellent, now, Interrogate Kelburn, and then send the Kobold to go get the constable.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 05, 2010, 01:47:04 am »

Making certain that we actually have crossbows, we track down the terrible monster that has been haunting these people(kobolds)!(There is bound to be some sort of troll or ogre or something, or at least a big dog...)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:05:42 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 05, 2010, 09:25:45 am »

Call lightning from the heavens to destroy these scoundrels! Block their escape with banana peels.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26