Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: GeneRTD Turn 36!  (Read 22264 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 15!
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2010, 03:44:47 pm »

Examine piece of paper.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2010, 03:46:59 pm »

Take "THUNDER MACE" and the book of bounties. Read the first page of bounties and see if the date is current.

Why did you give me access to a hammer? I am a mace-wielder.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 06:42:09 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2010, 03:59:25 pm »

Name: Derek Soulbinder
Race: Forsaken
Skills: Necromantic magic and Summoning magic
Profession: Warlock

So what do I just post an action right away or...?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2010, 05:01:51 pm »

Take plate armor and the book of bounties. Read the first page of bounties and see if the date is current.

Why did you give me access to a hammer? I am a mace-wielder.

Are you now? Well, then, consider it a mace. Sorry about that.

@dermonster I'll introduce you next turn. Then you are free to post your own actions.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2010, 12:36:10 am »

Right, so I could take the cloak of shadow and egg, an item that lets me teleport to anywhere within sight that I cannot see, and a gimmick item.
Or a book that lets me summon all manner of weird creatures and a ring that lets me talk to them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2010, 03:03:39 am »

Call fluffy to help me escape.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 16!
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2010, 01:15:17 pm »

Turn 16!

Quote from: Frelock
Examine piece of paper
You take a closer look at the paper, and realize it's actually written in a dialect used by angels, meant to be easy to understand for all races. You cannot figure out the specifics, but you see that it is indeed a contract of some sort, involving servitude to the god Olus. At the bottom of the sheet there is line where the recipient was meant to sign his name.

Quote from: inteuniso
Take "THUNDER MACE" and the book of bounties. Read the first page of bounties and see if the date is current.
As you examine the book you come to the realization that it is magic, automatically updating with the newest bounties. A useful tool indeed. The mace should also give you an advantage.

Quote from: RAJ
take the cloak of shadow and egg
(Hope you meant to take these)
You grab your new items with glee, throwing them on. [6] You notice the egg is pulsating, as if some great power were within...

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
Call fluffy to help me escape.
[1] Your attempt fails, as it seems impossible to send a message outside this dimension. After some time Dinkus rises from his seat, and begins to open your cell, telling you that it is time for your trial.

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Appear
You stroll into town, taking note of the signs of battle. A shame, really, as you've been needing something to pass the time. Maybe the mayor will have a task for you.

Quote from: dermonster
Appear
On the edge of the town,  you watch the remaining daemons defeated. A shame, really, you could have used some friends here. Maybe the mayor would be open-minded enough to help you out instead.

Spoiler: Pillow-Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Also, dermonster, pick another skill. Summoning magic is not a skill within this game.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2010, 01:47:53 pm »

Hm... Arcane magic I guess.

TIME TO REREAD THIS ENTIRE THREAD.

I head to town hall and ask what a .... magic user could do to help around here. Maybe something about that elven diplomat mentioned in turn one.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:52:33 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2010, 03:06:16 pm »

Find the mayor

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2010, 03:07:08 pm »

Create a horribly complicated escape plan and execute it
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2010, 03:44:36 pm »

Take the hammer and the puppy, whom I shall name Tom Bom.  Thank the guard.

Go out questing for Justice and Light!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2010, 05:14:06 pm »

Go back to the tavern for some ale.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2010, 07:37:03 pm »

RAM, hurry it up. Everyone is waiting on you.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2010, 10:50:36 pm »

Forge a Union Jack from pure awesome!

Try to create a magical widget that will keep the egg healthy.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 17!
« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2010, 07:02:04 pm »

Turn 17!

Quote from: dermonster
I head to town hall and ask what a .... magic user could do to help around here. Maybe something about that elven diplomat mentioned in turn one.
You head inside the mayor's home, to find a grotesquely fat man eating all sorts of rare delicacies that would be disgusting to anyone without money. After inquiring about the diplomat to the elves, the man chortles heartily.

"Oh, dear me, I thought no one would ever ask!" He says. "Yes, we did lose a man out there, though to what we aren't yet sure. Yes, I suppose I could pay you handsomely if you could check it out, hmm?"

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Find the mayor
You head inside the mayor's home to find he is talking with an odd-looking fellow. Of what sort you're not sure, but it seems rather... evil. After a moment, the mayor notices you.

"Oh, come in my boy! Do come in! If you're looking for work you're in luck! I was just discussing a little trouble of mine with this young lad here!"

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
Create a horribly complicated escape plan and execute it
[1] "Hmm, I've got it!" You say. "Dinkus has been feeling very depressed lately, it seems. Maybe if I treat him well enough I could befriend him, until he would eventually take out that Iriel one and take his key, freeing me!"

By the time you've worked this out, however, you're already at the trial. You stand at a small desk, with a glowing green child sitting next to you. It's a little girl with neon yellow hair. Combined with the green glow surrounding her, you are thoroughly repulsed.

"Greetings!" She tells you. "I'm Alniva, your attorney in this case. Pleased to meet you!"

At the Prosecution table rests one Dinkus, now sporting a suit on top of his plate armor. In front of you towers a large platform, on which a single man rests. He looks old, extremely old even by an immortal's standards. His beard almost touches the ground from his vantage point.

"The case of Justice v. Imp shall now begin, Judge Herzegerffulopus presiding!" Someone shouts. Gulp.

Quote from: Frelock
Take the hammer and the puppy, whom I shall name Tom Bom.  Thank the guard.

Go out questing for Justice and Light!
You grab your newfound possessions, thanking the guard as you leave. He responds in turn. [6] Almost immediately, you see a small kobold run out the village's south exit, and extremely attractive young woman chasing after it. "Give me back my goddamn ring, you rat-bastard of a thief!" she yells jarringly. Your puppy yips in the direction they left; obviously he detects some great evil to be stopped.

Quote from: inteuniso
Go back to the tavern for some ale.
After a long day, you make your way back to the tavern. You see many others share your idea, and sit idly at tables, all too shocked by the various goings-on of that day to be as rowdy and drunk as they should be.

Quote from: RAM
Try to create a magical widget that will keep the egg healthy.
[6] Unsure of what to do about this egg, you decide to conjure up an incubator to keep it safe. With a stroke of luck, you make a comfy little container on your first try. It fits like a backpack, with straps on your arms. You deposit the egg inside, noticing that it was already quite warm. It seems like it is going to hatch of its own accord, but your little device should speed up the process a bit. (+1 to Arcane Magic! Level gained!)

Spoiler: Pillow-Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26