Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: GeneRTD Turn 36!  (Read 22262 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 13! RNG and Apostolic Nihilist, post your turns!
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2010, 06:22:42 pm »

I will PM Random.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 13! RNG and Apostolic Nihilist, post your turns!
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2010, 08:50:30 pm »

Woah, sorry. I thought this was dead.

Search for a way to harm the demons. Like... some holy water, or a priest to bless my weapon, or some sort of dispel enchantment.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 14!
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2010, 05:56:30 pm »

Turn 14!

Quote from: Frelock
Find and heal intuniso
[6+2] You find your companion in the courtyard with a broken arm. However, you think you can fix this. You whip up a spell off the top of your head, using some key words like "heal" and "strengthen". You're amazed as the arm suddenly snaps back into place, swelling quite a bit. Whatever you did to his arm, it's certainly much stronger than before. (+1 to inteuniso's weapon arm! +1 to all physical actions with said arm)

Quote from: RAM
Claim the Demon General's weapon and smite the hydra.
[6+3-1][4] You rush through the surprised crowd, leaping at the hydra with a shrill cry. You slice its two heads from its body, toppling the beast. You stand upon its corpse, raising your new blade high into the air. The crowd cheers yet another champion they have received. (+1 to Weapon(Sword)! Now level 0!)

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
Run away. To somewhere evil. Are theere evil overlord fortresses nearby, or anything?
[1] Panicking, you cast a teleportation spell to get you far away from this place. You close your eyes as light engulfs you, only to open them to find yourself in... hell?

Well, at least for you it is. It is actually the Plane of Justice, where are lawful and good creatures are destined for. You, however, are an intruder. Two massive beings, at least four times your height, step forth and look down at you.

"Well well," one of them comments. "looks like an imp got lost, eh Iriel?"

"Seems so Dinkus." The other replies. The one called Dinkus then addresses you. "Imp, you have trespassed on holy and, for that matter, lawful ground. We will give you a chance to come quietly. Will you enter custody willingly, or shall Iriel and I have to force you?"

Quote from: inteuniso
Get up and inspire the crowd with my good arm.
[5+1] You raise your new and improved arm high into the air. The crowd stares in awe at what can only be a most severe case of wanker's cramp. The miracle here is accepted graciously, and several of the peasants go to free the mayor from his home so that he may reward you all.

Quote from: RNG
Search for a way to harm the demons. Like... some holy water, or a priest to bless my weapon, or some sort of dispel enchantment.
[1] You come across some vile liquid left behind from the battle. Thinking that you should fight fire with fire, you rub some upon your weapon. Suddenly, it glows dark and the stock turns red as if from blood. Dark tendrils shoot out and grasp your hand. Try as you might, you cannot let go! (Cursed Crossbow gained...)

NPCs:

Quote from: Mayor
Reward survivors
Those of you still alive and good are quickly summoned by the mayor, cutting a dashing figure upon his massive steel wheelbarrow.

"Fantastic job, I must say, young heroes" he declares in an airy voice. "I would invite you to my home for dinner, but it appears I have used most of my kitchen stock for food and bath. However, you shall find the town's armory just down the avenue. If you go that way, I am sure the men posted there can find you a suitable reward."

That statement only reminds you all that the Guards and Peasants were originally feuding, but that seems forgotten now. You do notice a few of the slaves walking around as if free, so maybe you just missed an agreement that was reached.

Spoiler: Pillow-Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Apostolitic Nihilist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RandomNumberGenerator (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2010, 09:26:46 pm »

Well that was eventful, but now its time for the GM to come up with a plot or quest, rather than us just goofing off and summoning demons and the like...

Just not giant rats in the cellar/attic.  Those are so overdone.

Go to the armory and look for an upgrade.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2010, 10:11:13 pm »

Practice Necromancy by letting the dead say their last goodbyes to the living. Then go to the armoury...
Can I have my new weapon appear in my inventory please?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2010, 10:48:19 pm »

Look for some better weaponry and armor at the armory.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2010, 11:18:48 am »

...What the fuck is up with me and escape rolls?
Die.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2010, 11:38:55 am »

Dieing while in the afterlife will destroy your soul.  Do you want to continue?(y/n)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2010, 02:03:30 pm »

Yes
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2010, 04:09:58 pm »

Well that was eventful, but now its time for the GM to come up with a plot or quest, rather than us just goofing off and summoning demons and the like...

Well, originally he wanted a kobold that was raiding the town taken care of, which seems kinda anticlimactic now that a zombie horde, then a demon horde, then a hydra showed up and were all subsequently killed.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2010, 04:16:48 pm »

Dieing while in the afterlife will destroy your soul.  Do you want to continue?(y/n)

Actually, a living being in the afterlife works a bit differently in this game. Suffice to say the consequences of "death" are similar to a game of Jailbreak.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2010, 03:01:24 pm »

Turn 15!

Quote from: Frelock
Go to the armory and look for an upgrade.
You walk down to the armory and head inside, where you find a man wearing an eyepatch. He is apparently the armory guard. He directs you down the main aisle, advising you that you may take two items of your choice. Searching for paladin-friendly items, you find:

*A Blessed hammer that is especially effective against evil beings
*A Dragon-shield, capable of blasting flames with a button on the grip
*A Crusader's helm, which gives you a better chance of recruiting good creatures to your cause
*A mysterious piece of paper that the guard claims to be a "contract" of sorts, but beyond that he has no information.
*A puppy. The guard claims that the puppy was placed here because it had a strange ability to detect evil within creatures.

Quote from: RAM
Practice Necromancy by letting the dead say their last goodbyes to the living. Then go to the armoury...
[4] Through much effort, you are able to bring the spirits of the deceased back long enough to say a few words to their friends and family. It's not much, but it's something. (+1 to Necromancy! Level gained!)

You head down the armory where you notice the paladin shopping. You get in on the fun. You may choose 2 of the following...

*A dagger with a 50% chance to turn the target into a feral zombie. Could have uses, but you'd best be ready to run.
*A cloak of shadow. You may use this cloak to transport yourself to anywhere veiled in darkness within sight.
*An egg. Just an ordinary egg.
*A ring that is to be placed underneath your tongue that allows you to communicate with bestial, demonic, and otherwise non-talkative creatures.
*A book of summoning spells. It looks extremely complicated, but could be very useful.

Quote from: inteuniso
Look for some better weaponry and armor at the armory.
You head down to the armory as well, and join in on the shopping bonanza.
You may choose two of these...

*A set of plate armor that shields you from all physical harm as long as your feet are on earth or stone of some sort.
*A shield that, when held, roots you to the ground.
*A hammer that roars like thunder when it strikes an object, stunning whatever it hits if alive, breaking it if not alive.
*A small red vial; the guard knows nothing of its origin or use.
*A book of bounties, detailing all the criminals of the land, the rewards for their head, and where to collect said bounties. The guard isn't quite sure why it's here.

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
Die.
In a rather theatrical show, you lament your passing, and stab yourself with a conveniently placed knife. As you hit the dirt, however, you awake in a small prison. You almost think you're back in your own realm, but then Dinkus and Iriel show up.

"Well, now," says Iriel "you gave us a lot of help by transporting yourself here. Now be sure to stay there until your trial. Keep an eye on him Dinkus."

Dinkus gives a slow salute as the one called Iriel walks away. He then turns to you and orders you to stay put, as he's had enough problems for one day without a crazy imp showing up.

Spoiler: Pillow-Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 15!
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2010, 03:18:02 pm »

ENTER THE GAME!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 15!
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2010, 03:31:46 pm »

ENTER THE GAME!

The spots of RNG and Apostolic Nihilist are open, I forgot to mention. If you haven't submitted a sheet, make one. If you have, quote it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 4!
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2010, 03:34:18 pm »

Waiting on CJ, and I'll put up an app soon.

Name: Red the Red
Race: Human
Skills: Hammer, hammer
Class: Paladin of HOLY SMITING
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26