Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: GeneRTD Turn 36!  (Read 22232 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 27!
« Reply #285 on: July 16, 2010, 04:11:13 pm »

Smile and hold up my hands. "Hello there. I don't suppose you could lower the deadly instruments of flying death could you? I just want to talk to your leader.
I cast Protection from arrows around me and Metal Arm
"Firing upon me would be quite useless anyway."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 16, 2010, 04:33:27 pm »

Inquiry about their promise to reutn me back to earth
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 16, 2010, 06:31:11 pm »

Grab my hammer from where it lays, and finish off Kelburn

Also, I'm gone for this weekend, so don't wait up for me if you get two turns by monday.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 16, 2010, 06:33:54 pm »

Summon the kobolds to a meeting. Speak of the plight of our people, the horrors of random adventurers and stray monsters. Commend the worth of kobold cunning and grace. Covey the vision of a world of respect and admiration for kobold-kind, of freedom to delve into whatever insidious crafts one desires unhindered. Command them to craft this dwelling into a fortress, of traps and snares so terrible that no outsider can enter unaided, and to forge themselves into an army, an army of the finest crossbow wielders in all the land!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 17, 2010, 05:06:23 pm »

Continue to wait for ambush.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 17, 2010, 07:23:33 pm »

I believe that the correct terminology is to wait 'in' ambush. Waiting 'for' an ambush would be sitting around waiting for an ambush to happen...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 17, 2010, 09:27:29 pm »

Or wait for the opportunity to ambush. Whatever, though. Whichever involves killing the kobold menace.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2010, 09:05:10 pm »

*tumbleweed*
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2010, 09:34:37 pm »

I'm lazy, not dead. It's coming, I just gotta wait for the weekend. Which is now, so, it's coming.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2010, 04:53:56 pm »

This is way too cool to hit the 2nd page.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 25, 2010, 09:47:35 pm »

Throw my hammer at her.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2010, 09:16:43 am »

Halfway through working on the turn, though barbecue is distracting me. Expect the turn tonight.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 28! A lot of endless torment this turn
« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2010, 09:53:14 pm »

Turn 28!

Quote from: dermonster
I cast Protection from arrows around me and Metal Arm
[4+1] You cast a protection spell, forming a bubble around you and your companion to prevent arrows from hitting you. [5] It does little to stop the elf who is already in your bubble from putting a sword against your throat. "Maybe so, but slitting your throat should work just fine."

Metal Arm turns to punch the elf away [6+1][5] and sends the bewildered elf sprawling to the ground. Suddenly, dozens of elves pop up from various hiding places, all aiming arrows at your bubble in vain.

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
Inquiry about their promise to reutn me back to earth
Though he doesn't look all that pleased about it, Dinkus nods his head. "I suppose I did tell you that. All right then. But I'm a busy being, I can't just follow you around all day; you're going now." [6+5] He waves his hand, a beam of light impaling you, before growing to engulf your entire body. The pain is excruciating, as if you died a million times over. After what seems like eons of this endless torment, you are deposited back in the village, completely unharmed. It appears to be in the process of recovering from the attack you left during--or rather, at the end of. You wonder if all that pain had some adverse effect on you, but you can't tell quite yet.

Quote from: Frelock
Grab my hammer from where it lays, and finish off Kelburn
You pick up your hammer and swing like you've never swung before. [5+2][4][6] The blow crumples the man's skull, leaving bits of cranium and -eugh- gray matter exposed as he lies bleeding to death on the floor. The pain is so crippling all he can do is twitch in agony as his eyes roll into the back of his head, his saliva pooling with his blood on the floor. (+1 to Hammer)

Your kobold actually feels a bit of pity for him, and is unsure of whether or not to kill him.

Quote from: RAM
Summon the kobolds to a meeting. Speak of the plight of our people, the horrors of random adventurers and stray monsters. Commend the worth of kobold cunning and grace. Covey the vision of a world of respect and admiration for kobold-kind, of freedom to delve into whatever insidious crafts one desires unhindered. Command them to craft this dwelling into a fortress, of traps and snares so terrible that no outsider can enter unaided, and to forge themselves into an army, an army of the finest crossbow wielders in all the land!
You gather the Kobold-Moot, where all the kobold chieftains discuss what to do about the greatest threats facing them. You present your case eloquently, [2] for a skunk. The chieftains laugh at your silly ideas. No, no, the kobold ways are sacred. For generations, they've thrown themselves at adventurers half-naked with stone weapons as if they were already corpses, and that's worked well so far. It will serve them well on this campaign.

You have a lot of work to do to whip these idiots into shape.

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Continue to wait for ambush.
[3] Once again, that kobold sentry looks at you suspiciously. [1] Once again, his good friend Figher convinces him you're just traveling salesmen, and it's best to just ignore you. What luck. No ambushing chances, though.

Quote from: inteuniso
Throw my hammer at her.
Bored with swinging like the average dwarf, you abandon your weapon entirely. [4+3][4][6] The blow smacks the elf upside her head, a thunderous racket stunning her as she falls to the ground, completely unconscious. (+1 to Mace)

[2+1] Chan once again fails to kill his target.

[2+1] Norris has the same issue.

[1+1] Even Lee's injuries have caught up with him, as he is too sluggish to continue his insane fighting style.

NPCs:

Quote from: Kelburn
Cry inside of head
Oh God, it hurts so bad! I can't feel my legs! Mommy, it hurts! Make it stop mommy, please! *sob*

Quote from: Elven Bandits
Fight fight fight
[5+1][2] The bow woman fires an arrow point-blank, but Chan manages to deflect it with careful timing.

[4+1][4][3] The spearman swings at Norris, failing to cause any damage.

[4+1][2] The spearman fighting Lee just can't penetrate the skin for some strange reason.

[3+1][1] The sneaky bowman fires at Norris' leg, though it just gets caught in his pants.

The leader is too busy being unconscious to fight at the moment, [4] though she somewhat recovers in a daze.

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Spoiler: Kelburn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elven Bandits (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 28!
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2010, 10:34:36 pm »

"Metal, disarm this elf. And as for the rest of you, Have you no civility? I simply want to talk, and before I say a word you aspire to end me. Now, can we settle this peacefully,"
I cast a mild fear aura.
"Or are we going to have a problem?"

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 28!
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2010, 10:41:01 pm »

Gr... Hide somewhere and find a really powerful spell to take out the kobolds. In. One. FellHoly. Swoop.

Don't cast it, though.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26