Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: GeneRTD Turn 36!  (Read 22241 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 23!
« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2010, 10:58:41 am »

Need inteuniso
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 23!
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2010, 02:37:36 pm »

Sorry about that.

Ask the boys to line up around the caravan, and get ready for a fight.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 24!
« Reply #257 on: June 17, 2010, 09:12:19 pm »

Turn 24!

Quote from: dermonster
Nod. ask whether he'd prefer the treaty over the heads, and what the bonus is. Give Fifteen gold to Metal arm and tell him to go purchase a weapon of his choice. Maybe a shield if he wants to use punches.
The mayor informs you that he would indeed prefer the treaty. He can't say for certain but says he might give an extra 15 gold for the treaty. Metal-Arm takes the money you give him and purchases a small shield for his flesh arm.

Quote from: RAM
Use my Impending Doom Sense to find the relatively immediate but minor threat and go there.
[4] Despite Armok not quite knowing what you're talking about, he subtly directs you down the road. You come across a small farm, where an old man is being mauled by a trio of chickens.

Quote from: Frelock
Smite Evil, go for the witch first.
[4+1][4][6] With your magical weapon you smack right into Lady Honheim's face, shattering the cheekbone and sending her spinning rather comically across the room. If she could even speak right now, you image the screeching would be unbearable. (+1 to Hammer Use, level gained)

Your kobold ally, meanwhile, draws a little pocket knife he had on his person and goes after Kelburn. [3] Unfortunately the man is a skilled warrior, and parries the little one's blow with ease.

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Stop what I'm doing, head to the armory, and ask if I can get a Hammer of Time.

If not, a Hammer of Pure Law and Good would be nice, but any upgrades work.
[1] You head down to the armory to find a rather simple man guarding the doorway. You ask him for a Hammer of Time and see he looks a bit sad. "I'm sorry, sir." He says "but we don't got no hammers o' time. No hammers o' law 'n' good either, now that y' ask."

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
Bluff the demon: "Im a Hells El Diablo` General Emissary, sent with an important message to the rulers of the plane! Show me the way and let me through!"
[2] Your speech not only doesn't work, it kinda pisses the big guy off. He smacks you across the face with a shockingly large fist, knocking you off your mount. After you roll around in pain he helps you back and says "I heard you were coming from the other plane; big guy said to let you through." You ask him why he smacked you then, but only get a chuckle in response. The demon smacks your steed and sends it galloping.

The scenery on this leg of the journey is... different. Not as hellish as you'd expect; it's certainly not evil. At least, you don't think it is. Nothing really makes sense here. Everything seems to be seen through broken glass, with reality itself distorting at random intervals. However after some time you come across the palace, which is quite firmly grounded in reality. Massive and dripping with blood fresh red paint, you step inside at the beckoning of a doorman to find a group of seven massive demons of various form and grotesqueness in a semicircle before you. In their center rests a decrepit, long-limbed creature sitting in a vague meditation stance.

"Yes, you are the messenger from the plane of law, yes? Tell us what you have brought, so that we may kill you with good reason."

Erm...

Quote from: inteuniso
Ask the boys to line up around the caravan, and get ready for a fight.
Each of the sons sets up on a different side of the caravan, you picking the east side, where you heard the noise. After a few noiseless moments a wooden shaft shoots by you, embedding itself into the cart behind you. A half dozen figures charge out of the forest dressed in leather, crude masks covering their faces and armed with primitive spears and bows. You then notice the large and pointed ears on the sides of their heads. The bandits are elves!

Enemy Actions:

Quote from: Lady Honheim
Daemon!
[3+1][1] In desperation she sinks her fist into the ground, using necromantic energy to carve out a figure in the stone. From it comes a four-legged monstrosity with a crocodilian mouth. For lack of a better term, you place it under the "Maw" category.

Quote from: Kelburn
Kill the pesky kobold
[1+2] Kelburn attempts to kill the little runt, but it proves very agile and difficult to catch.

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Spoiler: Lady Honheim (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kelburn (click to show/hide)

Oh Jesus I'm so tired. Figure I should mention, in most combat situations from here on out, players automatically have the initiative. If a new enemy is introduced, it waits a courtesy round before it starts killing things.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 17, 2010, 09:16:24 pm »

Ask the man if he has any magical weapons which I can take.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 17, 2010, 09:25:35 pm »

Rush to their aid, using my vast arcane powers to enhance them to super-avian prowess while praising their noble struggle against oppression!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 17, 2010, 09:58:46 pm »

Nod. Head out to the northern gate, and start walking to the elven village.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2010, 10:37:14 pm »

Dammit, this is why I hate witches.  Though I guess she's technically a sorceress.  Bloody well hate those too.

Damn the daemon back to the seven lower hells! (using hammer)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2010, 06:46:13 am »

Deliver the letter, and bluff my way out.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2010, 08:04:18 am »

ELVES! My mortal enemy!

Charge them with my hammer and swing for their knees!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2010, 08:40:35 pm »

Turn once I get home tomorrow.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 25!
« Reply #265 on: June 23, 2010, 08:41:06 pm »

Turn 25!

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Ask the man if he has any magical weapons which I can take.
[1] "Sorry, sir." The man says with a poor look on his face. "The last hammer we had was taken a little while ago by a paladin. We're fresh out."

Quote from: RAM
Rush to their aid, using my vast arcane powers to enhance them to super-avian prowess while praising their noble struggle against oppression!
[4] Using what can only be described as Battle Meditation, you  influence the chickens' actions and allow them to overcome the farmer, quickly killing him. The three then walk over to you, eyeing you with what would appear to be curiosity. But they're chickens, so they look at everything like that; they're kind of stupid. (+1 to Silly Magic, level gained)

Quote from: dermonster
Nod. Head out to the northern gate, and start walking to the elven village.
You head out the gate and begin on your way to the village. [5] You head to where you were told the village is, but can't seem to find anything. It's all just forest from what you can see. Were you lied to?

Quote from: Frelock
Damn the daemon back to the seven lower hells! (using hammer)
[5+1+1][6][4] With a righteous thwack, the daemon is sent right back to the infernal plane it came from. This makes the witch quite angry; you realize that up until now you've only seen her mildly annoyed. Her idea of "angry" can't be described in this language. (+1 Hammer)

Your kobold friend decides to fight off Kelburn. [4][1] Sadly, his little dagger can't penetrate the foe's armorvest, and he goes back to running for his life.

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
Deliver the letter, and bluff my way out.
[4] You hand the disgusting beast the letter, and he begins to read it intently. The other council-things demand, bark, chirp, and trumpet to know just what it says. However, the thing seems a bit slow on the uptake, and hasn't told them yet. Now is probably a good time to make your escape.

Quote from: inteuniso
ELVES! My mortal enemy!

Charge them with my hammer and swing for their knees!
You rush towards the nearest elf and aim to take out his kneecaps. [4+2][4][6] The poor sod's legs are completely mangled, and flips in the air making a rather pitiful scream before he hits the ground. He's not dead, but by the blood pouring out of him you doubt he'll survive long. (+1 to Mace)

Chan charges an archer up on a ridge and swings at her. [3+1][6][5] The blow cuts into her torso, spilling blood on the ground. She backs away, gasping for breath.

Norris charges a third elf, weaving past his strike and coming down with his own blow. [4+2][2] However, the elf is sturdy and shrugs off the blow to his shoulder.

Lee makes an intimidating howl and charges straight at another elf, leaping into the air and launching a flurry of stabs. [4+3][4][5] The multiple punctures aren't serious, but manages to stagger the elf.

Enemy Actions:

Quote from: Lady Honheim
Restrain Leif
[6+1] With a quick spell, a tangle of roots erupts from the floor and grabs Leif, immobilizing the paladin. (+1 to Arcane Magic)

Quote from: Kelburn
Kobold must die!
[5+2][4][2] With an absurdly close swing, Kelburn clips off a piece of the kobold's ear. The child begins to cry in absolute terror, but he doesn't seem to actually be hurt.

Quote from: Elves
Retaliate
[5+1][6][4] From his place on the forest floor, the first elf manages to stab Zolak in his leg, dropping him for a quick moment.

[2+1] The second elf attempts to fire a point-blank shot at Chan, but the farmer's son kicks her in the stomach and disorients her.

[1+1] The third elf's attempts at stabbing Norris are relentlessly parried, and are punished with a quick smack across the face.

[4+1][3] The fourth elf grazes Lee's side, but the blood trickling on the point is sparse.

Suddenly, the other two elves spring on Norris and Lee, respectively.

[4+1][3] The fifth elf fires a shot at Norris, who barely manages to avoid a kill-shot. The arrow tears up his pants, but no more.

[4+1][4][6] The sixth elf, their leader, charges straight at Lee, who confidently does not move away from her. He pays for this when her spear is lodged in-between his ribs. He looks down at the wound in disbelief before she kicks him square in the jaw, launching him into a tree where he slumps, unconscious.

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Spoiler: Lady Honheim (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kelburn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elven Bandits (click to show/hide)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 23, 2010, 08:44:54 pm »

Hm... I guess it's almost time to get going for the kobolds. EMBARK! TO THE KOBOLD VILLAGE!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 23, 2010, 09:52:48 pm »

Check to make sure that I'm actually in the right place. If I am, chuckle, tell metal arm to get my back and call out for the ambushers to come out. If there aren't any, nobody knows I made a fool of myself. If there are, I look like a bad-ass.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2010, 12:07:26 am »

Rally the chickens to my cause and seek out the kobolds.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2010, 12:27:51 am »

With a fierce gaze upon his face face, the paladin stares down the witch.  A smirk slowly grows upon his lips.  The poor fool has no idea whats coming to her.  With a dramatic tone, he slowly shouts out three words.  "Tom Bom, Sic!

While the witch is distracted by the adorable puppy gnawing at her ankles, throw my hammer directly at her head, crushing it for good.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26