Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: GeneRTD Turn 36!  (Read 22248 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 18!
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2010, 10:54:16 pm »

Cheer some people up.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 18!
« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2010, 09:58:21 pm »

Hey, sorry about being gone for so long, but internet at the hotel turned out to be insanely expensive(I could get high-speed internet for a month with that fee).  It'll probably be a few more days before I'll be able to post again.

Madam, theft is indeed a grave crime, and it is troubling that one so young should have fallen from the path of good and right.  Death for the crime of theft is only common when the thief is known as a criminal set in his ways.  This lad may yet still have some good in him, though it may be hard to see.  But first, before I decide on a proper punishment, that dog is bothering me; would you mind shooing it away?

Examine very closely who the puppy is yipping at.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 19!
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2010, 10:13:56 am »

Turn 19!

Quote from: dermonster
Accept the offer, say something about how i didn't necessarily decline the elven investigation, and start hauling the zombie bodies off to the woods for... Treating... If anyone asks about the zombie hauling, say the following "Have you ever dealt with the rotting remains of severe necrotic energy before? If your thinking of burning or burying, the entire landscape for about three miles will turn into a barren wasteland over the course of the next decade. I have experience with this. Either help me haul these to a clearing or help the wounded or something."
[3] You begin hauling the zombies out to a clearing. It's not exactly easy work, but nobody calls you out on how potentially evil this is. No one offers to help, either, but no help is better than people trying to burn you alive.

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Pledge help with the kobold blight and ask what he wishes me to do in the meantime.
The mayor is delighted that you have offered to help, and says that you are free to go about the shops and gather what supplies you'll need. You're a bit strapped for cash right now, though. That is, you are entirely broke. He also mentions that a handful of knights from the local lord's court have arrived, and are recruiting soldiers. You would be obliged to come when he calls for war, but outside of those situations you would be able to call on reinforcements for tackling big tasks, such as wiping out a cave of kobolds.

Quote from: RAM
Attempt to have what would be my ghost if I was dead wake up and do stuff while my body is unconscious, without dying...
You are obviously somewhat confused about what to do, and stumble around a bit within your own mind. [2] However, you find that you are still entirely unable to act. You've figured out that you're not dead or anything, though.

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
Keep defending
After waiting for some time the jury finally comes back. All sit down but one, a mysterious lizard creature in a cloak.

"Your honor," he hisses. "we have reached a verdict."

"What?" the judge replies. "Surely you would want to call more witnesses? We have barely begun the trial--"

"We have reached a verdict." he reaffirms.

"Very well," the judge grumbles. "Tell us then.

The lizard coughs and states "We find the defendant NOT GUILTY. However, his current state is unacceptable. The jury wishes him to be set free on the grounds that he is immediately reverted to his original form."

"Agreed." The judge states. He then calls the bailiff to take you to a back room for the transformation. You notice your attorney doing a little dance of joy, as apparently this is the first case she's won. You got off lucky.

Quote from: inteuniso
Cheer some people up.
[2] As the party goes on, you attempt to cheer up a rather mopey drunk man. However, he quickly informs you that his home and family were burned to ashes by some pyromaniac with alchemist's fire...

Quote from: Frelock
Madam, theft is indeed a grave crime, and it is troubling that one so young should have fallen from the path of good and right.  Death for the crime of theft is only common when the thief is known as a criminal set in his ways.  This lad may yet still have some good in him, though it may be hard to see.  But first, before I decide on a proper punishment, that dog is bothering me; would you mind shooing it away?

Examine very closely who the puppy is yipping at.
[6]You make your rebuttal, but a flying bird drops a brick on your head; you temporarily forget that the puppy is yours, somehow. You do notice however, that he is barking directly at the lady, and as far as you can tell hasn't even taken notice of the kobold. The lady's high-pitched screeching is starting to drown out the puppy, now, as she tells you how bloody useless all paladins are, preaching goodness here, and righteousness there.

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

Geez, there's a severe lack of rolls this turn.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2010, 10:19:49 am »

Keep hauling. Keep message to nosy people in mind.

Unless I'm already done hauling...?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2010, 10:25:48 am »

Unless I'm already done hauling...?

Rolled a 3, not quite there yet.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2010, 12:17:25 pm »

Follow patiently and wait for transformation!
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 31, 2010, 05:40:09 pm »

Do some menial tasks for cash for supplies.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 31, 2010, 08:03:56 pm »

Suddenly sit upright and horrify any onlookers with cryptic warnings about the future. Then wake up with no memory of what I just said.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 02, 2010, 10:37:45 am »

Inteuniso still needs to post. Frelock is on vacation, I think, so he is currently placed in a time warp.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 02, 2010, 05:40:26 pm »

im not sure its pertinent, but freylock posted in magical rtd on the 30th
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2010, 07:20:38 pm »

Ask the poor if he needs any help.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2010, 01:26:26 am »

Yo, I'm back.  I was able to find a small oasis of internet in the desert of my vacation, but now I'm back home with my comfortable connection.

The lady has insulted the honor of a paladin.  Clearly, she must be evil.  Now, I'd never hit a woman, but I won't be hitting, I will be
SMITING EVIL

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: GeneRTD Turn 20!
« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2010, 10:36:15 am »

Turn 20!

Quote from: dermonster
[3] This is hard work! You keep at your task, but not many people seem to want to help. However, a small crowd has begun to gather to watch you work.

Quote from: Pillow_Killer
Follow patiently and wait for transformation!
You are sent to a small room, and ordered to sit down in a chair. You comply, and are tied to it. An old gnome hobbles in, and looks at you intently. [4] You vaguely recall a history lesson where you heard about this gnome. His name is Crooky, and was famous for his transmogrification spells. You must specify "was" because he's been dead for 300 years.

After some time, he says "Yep, he's a human all right. The pigmentation is far too light to be a real imp, and his tail is stunted, on account of humans not having tails to begin with. A shoddy job, but I can work with it." [2+5] He recites a quick incantation, and pokes you square in the forehead. You begin to shake uncontrollably, making violent spasms as you revert back to your human form. Seeing that his work is completed, Crooky leaves, to be replaced by Dinkus.

"Now then," he says. "you are not inherently evil. That's saving you from permanent death, right there. However, you did some pretty evil things back in your realm. There's still the matter of your punishment. You can either spend the next 500 years here OR you can do a little job for us. What do you choose?"

Quote from: RedWarrior0
Do some menial tasks for cash for supplies.
[3] You go around town doing odd jobs for anyone who wants help. It takes you the better part of the day, though. You eventually pocket about 5 gold coins, a third of what you'll need, you figure. As you walk through the courtyard in search of more tasks, one of the military's Knights waves to you.

Quote from: RAM
Suddenly sit upright and horrify any onlookers with cryptic warnings about the future. Then wake up with no memory of what I just said.
[1] You have a most wonderful dream of terrifying people with screaming, while some cosmic horror is dreaming of you dreaming. But then he wakes up, and reality itself is torn apart! Oh, wait, that's your dream too. Never mind.

Quote from: inteuniso
Ask the poor if he needs any help.
[4] You manage to convince the poor sod that he can't sit around and mope. His wife wouldn't have wanted that. He thanks you profusely for cheering him up, and decides that the best way he can honor his wife's memory is to do good for anyone he finds. He asks if he can travel with you, as he figures it's the best way to find people in need of help. (+1 to Speech, level gained)

Quote from: Frelock
The lady has insulted the honor of a paladin.  Clearly, she must be evil.  Now, I'd never hit a woman, but I won't be hitting, I will be
SMITING EVIL
[1+1] You swing your hammer at the woman, but she dodges it. Her formerly almost-composed face has degenerated into shrill, terribly annoying rage. "ASSAULT! ASSAULT! THIS BASTARD'S TRYIN' TO KILL ME! HE WORKS WITH THE THIEF! GUARDS!"
She continues to yell as she runs waving her hands like madwoman. A nearby guard notices her yelling and walks up to you.

"Ran into Lady Honheim, have ye? I'm sorry friend, I know you're innocent of whatever crime she's accusing you of, but I have to take you in. We can get it all sorted down at the station, eh?"
Your puppy has stopped barking, and is now begging the kobold for a treat, but sadly the poor thing is rather starved itself.

Spoiler: Pillow_Killer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inteuniso (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RAM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RedWarrior0 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dermonster (click to show/hide)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 04, 2010, 11:02:24 am »

Is there any guilds in town? They probably will need some help.

Go to the nearest guild. If there's not a guild, go to the nearest Brothel.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 04, 2010, 12:25:11 pm »

Go with the guard, and use my speech-making skill to employ a passionate defense of myself.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26