Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Redundantfort: A Succession Fortress  (Read 13763 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Redundantfort: A Succession Fortress
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2010, 12:11:35 pm »

Okay, I'll take the save from Lord's post.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2010, 09:38:57 am »

I am in need of a body, you see, I am a demon. Not any ordinary demon though, but one of unusual nature. I have sympathy occaisionaly and I don't exactly have a body. I can, however, take over other peoples body in a rather violent and unpleasurable way. This involves ripping the flesh from a beings brain and planting myself inside it. I have been scouting for a being to possess for some time now and I think that I have found a candidate. She seems to be responsible for the death of over a hundred cats, she also is extremly unhappy, so she'll probably like being killed.

12th Opal:
I, Omega, the great, powerful and slightly to dwarfy demon have inhabited the body of one of your puny little dwarves. I shall take over this land using her as the leader and bring this rather unusal fortress to greatness.
Interesting day, we have someone on fire and Lord Nincompoop threw a tantrum.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wonder how long it'll be until he burns everything down?

13th Opal:
The other retired leader fell into a chasm, great.

15th Opal:
I'm suprised that this dwarf has been burning all this time and still has no wounds.

1th Opal:
Ol' Nincompoop is tantruming again, I guess I should probably stop reporting these.

8th Obsidian:
It seems that my chaos creating effects are being enhanced by this host. The 'fiery' one has now gone stark raving mad. He still has no burn injuries though.

22nd Obsidian:
Okay, The fiery one wasn't actually on fire, his cap was. He fell into the bridge moat and dropped the cap. I started closing up the moat with retractable bridges when some gores wandered into my fortress. I drafted everyone into the military and they started ripping up Gores! YAY!

25t Obsidian:
OH GOD! THE PAIN! THOSE THINGS ARE FRIGGIN' VICIOUS, I'M ON THE FLOOR, BLEEDING AND DESPERATLEY TRYING TO CRAWL AWAY FROM THE MONSTERS!

1st Granite:
We made it to spring, the Gores haven't destroyed us!
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2010, 12:28:35 pm »

Just to make sure, you're on z2, not ground level, right?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2010, 02:31:28 pm »

No, ground level. You said that we would stay on this level 'till it was finished, regardless, I can't get any jobs done, almost everyones immobolised and the only none immobolised dwarf is in a meeting with an immobolised dwarf so can't do anything. I'm gonna have to reclaim, I'll move upwards then.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2010, 02:55:32 pm »

1st Granite:
After much thinking, I have decided we need immigrants. You see, without immigrants, the five of us left will inevitaby be killed. I was planning on going to build a craftsdwarfs workshop and make some crafts to lure in the local homeless. However, a gore wounded my legs and I can't seem to move, luckily I won't die from thirst, because I'm right next to a lake.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

15th Granite:
Fortress production has stopped altogether. Our only dwarves that aren't immobolised or stark raving mad are hoding a meeting (probably about what to do with our bodies). They've been holding the meeting for days, theyl'll probably starve while they're holding it.

16th Granite:
We're looooosing it here. Lord Nincompoop died, annnnnnnnnd I think that I couuououold have done it. The 'fiery' one is likely dead now. He has been trrrrrapped under the bridge for too long, if he hasn't choked on the smoke he will have died from thiiiiiiiiirst.

? Slate:
The GORES are congregating outside, they are preparing for the genocide. They'll KILL us all.
ARMOK!

? Slate:
THE GORES ARE KILLING MY FRAGILE DWARVEN BODY, NO, GET THEM OFF. Thank you Astesh, they were likely going to kill me, but now I have over a dozen red and yellow wounds. Is that Armok walking down the mountain?

????????????:
A tHeIf HaS sToLeN mY fAvEoUrItE gCs SiLk ShOe. No, PlEaSe, DoN't LeAvE mE mAnNy!

????????????:
THE RETARD ASHTESH HAS FRIGGIN NO WOUNDS, I'LL KILL HIM IN MY NEXT LIFE, HE SHALL BURN. NOOOOOOO, DON'T... PLEASE FATHER. I WILL MAKE THEM PAY FOR YOU!

????????????:
WHAT, NO I'M NOT MELANCHONY, YOU'RE MELANCHONY, YOUR PLOTTING AGAINST ME AREN'T YOU, I'LL *AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

????????????:
Am I dead? Yes? I can take over another body! My torment is ended! As soon as that puny fortresses last inhabitant is lost I shall lead a force to reclaim the fortress.

????????????:
HE HAS THE CHEEK TO GO ON A BREAK WHEN I AM TRYING TO KILL HIM?

????????????:
MIGRANTS have turned up, eight of them apparantly. perhaps I shall not need to reclaim this fortress.

EDIT: Turns out there is actually 23 of them, and one is wearing a burning hood.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:58:16 pm by Omegastick »
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2010, 01:39:17 pm »

1st Hematite:
I shall enter the body of a dwarf in this fortress. I am determined to lead this fortress, perhaps Astesh (the one that saved me) is the best one for the job. He has the most friends and has recently been chosen as the fortress leader.

20th Hematite:
I have become the leader of this pathetic fort. I shal bring it to greatne... A KOBOLD AMBUSH! WTF!

23rd Hematite:
My superior combat prowess and leadership skills have brought us to a complete victory with only two deaths. And they were our previous military who foolishly tried to tckle the ambushers on their own. The enemy forces lie scattered around the terrain and we have their amazing loot for ourselves... wait, they only have loinclothes and copper spears. D:
Nonetheless we have proved that we are great in numbers, and I am a perfect battle leader oncve again!

15th Malachite:
My skills as a leader are once again proved to be unbeatable, a military dwarf recently was taken by a fey mood, I could have gotten an artifact out of him if I knew what workshop to build, but he was military so I didn't. He went insane and the entire fortress gathered around him to beat him to a short, bloody pulp.

3rd Galena:
We have finished building the strange suspended statue garden, made mostly out of bauxite and claystone it's pretty cool.

1th Limestone:
The woodburner and a peasant got married today, what a joyous occasion. They have organised a wedding reception at the newly appointed statue garden. Much fun and beer shall be had, and perhaps the spores shall be released.

2nd Sandstone:
In my boredom I mined out a pit and put all the stray animals in their, it doesn't really serve a purpose at the moment though.

11th Sandstone:
Another marriage, this time my miner friend is being united in love. Who weill be next?

10th Timber:
One of the merchants has gone stark raving mad! How entertaining!

17th Timber:
The Woodburner/Carpenter threw a tantrum today, he beat up my miner friend XD. I've gotta upset someone that badly again sometime soon.

1st Opal:
Now he wants to talk to me, consoling is not my thing, I may have to shout at him to make him go away.

3rd Opal:
He's tantruming again. I may have him killed for this.

SPRINGTIME!

Here's the save, don't let the gores get you :)
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1814
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2010, 03:51:48 pm »

Just so ya know, Omegastick, when your avatar (dwarf you named after you) dies, your turn ends. I'll let this one pass, but still.  ;)

TheHunger, your turn. Remember, keep to z-3. Do not touch anything above or below that. Supplies to be left behind (just forbid everything on z-1 and z-2).  :)

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2010, 04:40:56 pm »

How I remember those early days of despair and wretchedness and how Solon turned it all into a functioning fortress.
Oh mediafire, why?

Anyway, the gores are serious business.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2010, 06:12:26 am »

Hmm. TH hasn't been active for 25 days. What do you think, guys: Should I skip to Boksi?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2010, 10:45:11 am »

Skipped to Boksi. TH shall be added to the bottom of the waiting list.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2010, 02:06:39 pm »

A very short update to let you peeps I'm doing this:

offisjal log-theengey
furst graneyet
eye wus eleck-ted de njoo leeder of dis fort-tress today. furst eye made somwun pull de lever on de bridsj so we wont bee attacked beye gors.

den eye toled som other dworfs too ree-mjoow som wolls dat wer stoopid in de way. also som dworfs wer on fiar. dat's pretty nor-mal hear.

As you can see, that was very short.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2010, 11:19:36 am »

It's your last week, Boksi. Better make it count. :)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2010, 05:05:18 pm »

Sorry, Boksi, but looks like your turn's over. I'm going to have to skip to Odd!x.

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2010, 11:16:20 pm »

which save are we going to go from?
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2010, 01:04:29 pm »

which save are we going to go from?
Ωstick's.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:24:12 pm by lordnincompoop »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7