Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Favorite humanoid race  (Read 4370 times)

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite humanoid race
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2009, 02:08:01 am »

Magma Men(or lava men) because I like being made of liquid rock and I can just hold on to people to burn them to death.  If I lose a limb or something I could just just reach in a lava pit and grab some more.  Based on my opinion of a magma man.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2009, 02:30:16 am »

Imagine what the Magma Men will be like in the next update, when their skin is actually made out of magma. With the corresponding horrific death of creatures standing nearby.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 03:06:10 am »

lol, wrestling becomes much more dangerous!

hell, i almost believe that theyld be stronger than hfs.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2009, 03:09:20 am »

I dunno, if there are still Spirits of Fun around in the next version, the body heat they generate alone would outshine the Magma Men.

Well, kinda like they do now actually.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2009, 04:56:37 am »

>.>
hell magma spirit o.o.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 05:30:26 am »

Tigermen, if only for the fact they are the only feline humanoids(that I am aware of) in vanilla.

Mud man a close second, because mud is awesome.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2009, 05:58:10 am »

Imagine what the Magma Men will be like in the next update, when their skin is actually made out of magma. With the corresponding horrific death of creatures standing nearby.
Did you read the bit in the devlog where toady was testing out the heat generated by the magma man? He was holding onto someone's head till it melted away in his hands.

Gawd, I want to make a magma-man race as soon as the new version comes out.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2009, 06:06:26 am »

Their entire culture probably revolves around bauxite.

And remember that thing about the Bronze Colossus having a molten core, making damaging it probably something you don't want to do.

Dammit, I want the next version! :D

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2009, 07:14:59 am »

And remember that thing about the Bronze Colossus having a molten core, making damaging it probably something you don't want to do.

!

Well, I guess I know who'll be king of the megabeasts this time around.  Again.  With the exception of the occasional Titan.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2009, 07:51:19 am »

There was a hilarious discussion a while back about the titans. Since the new ones are going to be randomized based on sphere, we could get things like BOMREK, TITAN OF WEALTH.

He'd probably be a huge stack of coins and gems.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2009, 05:19:56 pm »

Modded in bearmen. They make chasms just that little bit more dangerous Fun.

Also, iron men, because they are like mini-bronze collosi, and come next version will be considerably more badass. Although that could also be said for magmen, firemen, megabeasts, semi-megas and pretty much everything due to the new tissue + material stuff.

I shall make a race of adamen. They shall be always hostile to dwarves, who wish to kill them and harvest their (shiny) corpses, for obvious reasons.

There was a hilarious discussion a while back about the titans. Since the new ones are going to be randomized based on sphere, we could get things like BOMREK, TITAN OF WEALTH.

The humans would worship him. The dwarves would attempt to melt him down to make chairs.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2009, 08:57:17 pm »

I am not counting in my modded race of Drakelings (they are pretty cool), so...

Snail/slugmen, because you can talk to them, if you find them; antmen, because they're really [FEMALE], and so should be antwomen ;). I haven't heard anything about making queens and drones for antmen. That would be cool.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2009, 10:10:48 pm »

ild probably cage trap it and build a little treasury for it to live in.
Also a little channeled hole up top with a pit, so when i get a noble who likes to imprisson people or makes a mandate i simply make the ceiling fall on them and get them captured in a cage trap and chuck them down the pit to meet it.
---

CaptainNitpick

• Bay Watcher
  • [FINDS_FLAWS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2009, 01:04:30 pm »

I haven't heard anything about making queens and drones for antmen. That would be cool.

Haven't antmen been specifically mentioned as an application of the caste definitions? I seem to remember it, but am not finding it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]