Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Joss dumps some art. (image heavy)  (Read 804 times)

joss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Joss dumps some art. (image heavy)
« on: December 24, 2009, 02:37:36 pm »

Hey! Here's my little contribution of art done through the years. It's a mix of styles, so I think everyone will find something to their liking here. I've taken the liberty to photoshop most of the pictures. All pictures photographed with a shitty Olympus camera, thus the quality.
Pencil portraits:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Isaac Asimov and Dan Simmons inspired picture in pencil, coloured pencils and oil:
A bunch of random sketches:
A few mangae( I'm pretty sure that's how you pluralise it. ;D) :
And finally... A DWARF:
That's it for now. Have a Merry Christmas

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
Re: Joss dumps some art. (image heavy)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 03:28:51 pm »

Very awesome stuff!

Creative projects have been lacking lately,
I thought we had taken over this thing for programmin's.

I think I may contribute something soon.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 03:52:50 pm »

They're all very good, but that first pencil portrait is absolutely incredible!!!  Heck, I think the pencil portraits are my favorite :D 

As weird as it may seem to ask, have you ever considered selling the portrait-sketches?  Used to be a guy at the zoo near us that would sit by the front gate and do decent sketches, made a killing too.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 08:43:38 pm »

By looking at those, it looks like you've perfected portrait art but have a problem with full figures. I mean, the sketches are too busy, like you try to find a form a few times while you draw it, thus they look a bit "line-busy", "dirty"... I don't know how to phrase it, but the shapes seem rather strange for me.

The first random pic is awesome though, and I.Asimov inspired pics are just great.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

joss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 05:47:27 am »

Yes, I'm quite aware of my full-body drawing issues ;D It's quite hard for me to find the "right" line when sketching people, so they get a little messy. I tend to jump over the basic forms and posture, and start with details too soon. I drew those pictures about 1-2 years ago and I've focused on portraits lately. I haven't had any practice in that area for some time, so the little skills I had, have probably deteriorated by now.  :(
Here's a picture of a greek woman in coal and chalk on brown paper.