Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Suggestions Moderators  (Read 480 times)

Goblin Macelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF Suggestions Moderators
« on: December 23, 2009, 04:06:01 am »

It usual when newcomers and even old ones starts topics with the same suggestion for million times.
Maybe few moderators promoted from forum ['oldsters' - threetoe edit] can merge such topics?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 06:59:04 am by ThreeToe »
Goblins! They don’t drink booze, eating bones, killing dwarfs, shaving beards and simply looks cool! Yes, Goblins are awesome!

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Suggestions Moderators
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 04:58:00 am »

I don't think we need additional moderators, we seem to be doing pretty well without them. Someone will usually come along and give the offender a warning and the thread will die out on it's own, I think that's all the moderation we really need. We don't need to have a forum figure calling the newbies out and merging the topics, I think the community helps newbies to adjust pretty well. It wouldn't hurt anyone but I just don't see why.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 06:19:26 am »

Yeah, this forum does quite well at selfmoderating.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 11:13:29 am »

Honestly this forum seems well behaved... LOL course I am use to 4chan... but still...
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 07:45:48 pm »

If Toady & Threetoe feel that moderating takes up too much of their time they'll recruit. As it is now, everyone knows its their own responsibility to maintain civility, and that's an attitude worth keeping. People disciplined enough to designate megaprojects block by block ought to be able to do that :p
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.