Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Selling crafts  (Read 431 times)

bungler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Selling crafts
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:48:16 pm »

I must be doing something wrong. I created tons of bone/shell crafts and totems but I cant seem to trade them to the caravans. I go to the trading depot and press 'g' and i get everything in the list accept my crafts. They wont come up even if I hit 's' and type in all or part of the name... Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Selling crafts
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:59:54 pm »

Crafts are stored in bins, so if you're filtering by name, you'll want to restrict it to "Finished goods".

Also, if one of your Nobles has banned the export of a type of craft, it will prevent any bins containing said crafts from showing up in the list of items to bring to the depot - to get around this, turn off culling for mandates.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

bungler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:50:58 am »

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks!  ;D

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 01:06:21 am »

Just as a cautionary measure, don't trade any banned items, or you'll encounter lots and lots of 'fun'.

Items that are forbidden by mandate show up as purple on the trading screen, so avoid selling them to the caravan.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.