Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: everything mod?  (Read 586 times)

kawaiidesunekochan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
everything mod?
« on: December 22, 2009, 01:51:12 pm »

I want a world where any animal can spawn anywhere,any plant can grow anywhere, any stone can be found anywhere and any gem can be found in any stone. I like having lots and lots of stuff,see. I want to make pretty diamond and sapphire windows and towers of gold and dresses out of sea monster leather.

I almost did it,but it's kinda glitchy right now. The stones especially. Most of my world is covered in rocksalt,and there's no gems anywhere. Anyone have any idea how I could create my perfect world without rocksalt everywhere,and with more gems? Also,is there any way to be able to make leather out of goblins,kobolds,dwarves or humans? Human leather would be so cool. Oh and um,do animals need the [good],[evil] or [benign] tags,or can they spawn without them?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:54:06 pm by kawaiidesunekochan »

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: everything mod?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 03:30:46 pm »

Step 1: Give all non-layer stones, gems, minerals, etc. the following environment tag:

[ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]

Change CLUSTER_SMALL to CLUSTER_ONE, VEIN, or CLUSTER_LARGE as desired.

Step 2: Give all land animals the [BIOME:ANY_LAND] tag, similarly give all water animals the [BIOME:ANY_OCEAN] or [BIOME:ANY_RIVER] tags.

Step 3: Give the Dwarf entity the following two tags:
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]

This will allow everything to spawn almost everywhere, and allow your dwarves to butcher sentients. It will not allow you to embark on a map with all layers on that (you'll have to find that), nor will it guarantee the existence of all minerals on all maps (since that's still randomly generated)

Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

kawaiidesunekochan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: everything mod?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 12:22:08 am »

yay! thanks for the advice. I don't know wtf I did before,but somehow all my fish turned into meat and everything was crazy. Now my world is better. The only thing missing is the gems. For some reason,I still can't find any. Do I replace all gem environments with [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_SMALL:100],or do I just add [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_SMALL:100]at the end of the environment list,without removing the other environment tags?