Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: LevelUp RTD, Turn 3, we have pyrotecnics.  (Read 9845 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: LevelUp RTD, Turn 0
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2009, 01:49:36 pm »

Really? Technology really has taken a giant leap while I've not been in the loop.

I am going to assume that DSi is the Nintendo's new handheld system.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2009, 10:36:25 am »

OK, before I show you the turn, I should show you the calculation for EXP.

(DieRoll1+DieRoll2)*(EXPLevel+1)

So it totals up all of your rolls, and makes sure that EXPLevel 0s still get EXP. Oh, and all Die rolls are in Bold.

KineseN;
I break myself free from the restraints by channeling destructive magical energy. In this case Fire is a good choice.
You close your eyes and begin to concentrate really hard. (2+5-1) The chains burst into flames! You are now freed.

Gained;
(2)*(5+1)=12EXP/100

theevilmonk;
either way, examine shackles to see if i can open them or there is a fault in them
You hold the shackles close to your face. (3+2+3) You find the lock hole, and before you do anything, you realsise that they are unlocked! You shake them loose, at which point they break, leaving a fairly long pice of chain, which would make an ace wep.

Gained;
(3)*(4+1)=15EXP/100
Chain-While Equiped, +2 Stregnth during Combat

qwertyuiopas;
Magically gain the ability to optionally phase through objects of my choice!
You try to focus... (4+1-3) You think of the wrong spell and end up casting Thunder on yourself. (3) The shackles break free and (6+0) swing your arms loose before the Lightning hit you.

Gained;
(4+3+6)*(5+1)=78[/sub]EXP[/exp]/100

CJ1145;
Use my magical abilities to summon a goblin minion to unlock us all from our shackles.
Again, you focus, trying to open the portal to the Netherworld... (5+3-3) An goblin hops out. He undoes your shackles.

Gained;
(5)*(2+1)=15EXP/100
Obediant Goblin-The GM controls the Goblin unless the onwer gives a command for the Goblin.

RandomNumberGenerator
Using the lockpick I hid in my mouth earlier, unlock my right hand.
You scout your mouth for the lockpick... (5+2-3) You spit the lockpick out. Not much good on the floor, but probably within range of your feet.

Gained;
(5)*(2+1)=15EXP/100

kilakan;
Magically unlock my chains, while also trying to read the guards mind to find out where we are.
You focus on your chains. (2+4-2) They crack open. You then try to manipulate the mind of the guard. (3+4) Not only did you recover your location, which is The Emporer's Prison, Eporerio, you also made him toss down a ladder.

Gained;
(2+3)*(0+1)=5EXP/100

Frelock;
Rip the chains out of the wall with brute strength.
You pull as hard as you can. (1+1-3, Rounding to 1) Your arms come off. This means you are free, though.

Gained;
(1)*(5+1)=6EXP/100
Armless-All rolls involving hands have -3. Also, no Items can be equipped.

Mr.Person
Look around for a set of keys. If I find a set, float them over and open the locks. If not, just try to paralyze the guard.
No keys, sorry. You mentally try to stun the guard. (3+1-2) You manage to paralize his legs, but not without him noticing.

Gained;
(3)*(4+1)=15EXP/100
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:45:35 am by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2009, 11:09:48 am »

I think, that to avoid future miscasts, I shall remind myself of what spell was what.
Eh?
Eh!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2009, 12:08:58 pm »

Ouch...that probably hurt.

Ummm, could anybody help out ol' armless Fre?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2009, 12:26:00 pm »

Climb up the ladder while controlling the guards minds to make them hand us their weapons and uniforms, (I'm going by that we are probably in rags or prisoner ware,) then keep them dazed while we get up. 

I'd like to have a scimitar, if at all possible.
Nom nom nom

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LevelUp RTD, Turn 1
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2009, 01:02:49 pm »

Oh sure, you guys all escape and whatnot. Eh, attempt to stun the guard some more while asking for some freedoms from the free guys.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2009, 01:49:46 pm »

equip the chain, then pick up the lockpick that RNG spit out and unlock everyone that still needs unlocking

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2009, 07:00:52 pm »

Seeing CJ's success with summoning I try it myself. I summon a fire elemental to do my biddings.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2009, 07:15:37 pm »

Name the gobbo "Gitsplinta" and tell him to follow me at all times and do my bidding. I then attempt to leave the room.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2009, 07:31:46 pm »

Using fancy acrobatics, grab the lockpick with my feet and transfer it to my hand. Then unlock shackles.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2009, 09:00:29 pm »

Well, since no-one wants to help me get my arms...

Practice using my legs only for combat.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2009, 11:03:14 am »

qwerty, can I take this post;
I think, that to avoid future miscasts, I shall remind myself of what spell was what.
as your action?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2009, 06:00:23 pm »

Yes.
Eh?
Eh!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2009, 06:27:05 am »

qwertyuiopas;
You think hard. (6+1) You now remember all possible spells.

Gained;
(6)*(5+1)=36EXP
Spell Remembence-Next Spell roll is auto-9.
Royal Armor-While equiped, Royal-affiliated NPCs will not attack you. You also gain 2 Defence.
Scimitar-While in combat with this equipped, +1 to all rolls.

kilakan;
Climb up the ladder while controlling the guards minds to make them hand us their weapons and uniforms, (I'm going by that we are probably in rags or prisoner ware,) then keep them dazed while we get up.
You begin to scale the ladder. (4+1) Done. You then go for the guard's minds. (1+4) They give you all their kit, and just... stand there. You now have 8 Royal Armors and 8 Scimitars. You chuck 7 of each down for everyone else to claim.

(Part of everyone's actions, assuming they have hands, will be to collect their kit)

Gained;
(4+1)*(O+1)=5EXP
Royal Armor-While equiped, Royal-affiliated NPCs will not attack you. You also gain 2 Defence.

Mr.Person;
Eh, attempt to stun the guard some more while asking for some freedoms from the free guys.
You try to spread the paralysis. (5+1-2) You shut him up proper this time.

Gained;
(5)*(4+1)=25EXP

theevilmonk
equip the chain, then pick up the lockpick that RNG spit out and unlock everyone that still needs unlocking
Chain equiped. Now, where were we? You go for the lock pick, and try to open RNG's and Mr.Person's chains. First, RNG. (4+2) His shackles break, leaving a chain. (2+2) Mr.Person's, however, don't, but at least he's free.

Gained;
(4+2)*(4+1)=30EXP
Lockpick-Err... picks locks.

KineseN
Seeing CJ's success with summoning I try it myself. I summon a fire elemental to do my biddings.
You attemt to use the still-open portal. (6+5-3) Bad news, no fire elemental. Good news, you got a young dragon. He's 50cm big, and seems to have taken a liking to you.

Gained;
(6)*(5+1)=36EXP
Young Dragon-The GM controls the Dragon unless the onwer gives a command for the Dragon.

CJ1145
Name the gobbo "Gitsplinta" and tell him to follow me at all times and do my bidding. I then attempt to leave the room.
You give the goblin, now known as Gitslinta, his orders. He says something in Goblinish, which you can take to mean "Yes, sir!". You then being scaling the ladder. (3+2) You climb up and meet kilakan.

Gained;
(3)*(2+1)=9EXP

RandomNumberGenerator;
Using fancy acrobatics, grab the lockpick with my feet and transfer it to my hand. Then unlock shackles.
Well, seeing as your shackles are undone, all you can really do is claim some kit.

Gained;

Frelock;
Well, since no-one wants to help me get my arms...

Practice using my legs only for combat.
You begin practice. (4-2) You fall down.

Gained;
(4)*(5+1)
Downed-The player's next action must be to get up.

Gitslinta;
Follow CJ1145.
You climb the ladder. (3+2) Normal.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 06:32:24 am by ExKirby »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2009, 06:45:46 am »

qwerty has 114EXP.Therefor, he gets a LevelUp! He can LevelUp (5+5) things.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7