Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39

Author Topic: Christmas Mafia: End - final gift  (Read 59209 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Mafia: Day 3 - The gifts keep coming, but we all keep going.
« Reply #405 on: January 13, 2010, 02:00:03 pm »

Ah, right. For some reason I got Scrooge stuck in my head as either Survivor or SK. Forgot he could ally with either side.

That makes more sense then SK, actually, with only my kill on Webadict last night.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 13, 2010, 02:02:35 pm »

Ah, right. For some reason I got Scrooge stuck in my head as either Survivor or SK. Forgot he could ally with either side.

That makes more sense then SK, actually, with only my kill on Webadict last night.

Yeah, I don't see an SK killing the scum when he could buy himself a day.

So, once someone claims the roleblock, that'll be game.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 13, 2010, 02:04:28 pm »

Gah, I forgot it could also be a protect or a redirect thinger... damn it.  Do we want to mass-claim to puzzle this out with roles, or do we want to wait and keep going with behavior?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 13, 2010, 02:06:57 pm »

I think a mass-claim would be good. We can tell who can and can't possibly be the sk in some cases.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 13, 2010, 02:08:15 pm »

Well, I'm a Vigilante and I targeted Web last night.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 13, 2010, 02:10:52 pm »

I'm a vanilla townie.  I received coal.  As a result, I've been doing absolutely nothing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 13, 2010, 02:14:47 pm »

Oh, wait.  Dammit, dammit, dammit.

If he's a helper, then of course there's no NK--he doesn't get an NK, right?

I think a mass-claim would be good. We can tell who can and can't possibly be the sk in some cases.

Mr. Person, why are you so sure that there's an SK and not a mafia helper?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 13, 2010, 02:19:22 pm »

If all the grinches were dead and all we had left was a mafia-ally, I believe the game would be over. Probably a good one to ask the mod.

Besides, even if the game DID continue, we'd have more than enough lynches and vigilante kills and what not to be able to deal with a non-killing scum easily.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 13, 2010, 02:20:10 pm »

Mod, does the game continue if there's only a mafia-ally left?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 13, 2010, 02:20:53 pm »

Good question. And very important.
Come play Mafia with us!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 13, 2010, 02:22:29 pm »

Never did explain this one either.

Mafia-ally is aligned with the scum.  As such, the scum can still win if he meets the mafia's win condition.

He doesn't get the scum's mafiakill, though.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 13, 2010, 02:24:09 pm »

Fair enough.  Given that we don't know which, it's probably better to stop claiming now and go back to behavioral stuff.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 13, 2010, 02:30:32 pm »

Fair enough.  Given that we don't know which, it's probably better to stop claiming now and go back to behavioral stuff.

That depends on who we sent letters to. It might be a good idea to ONLY claim our letters and not our roles. The letters matter more anyways.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 13, 2010, 02:49:47 pm »

Not a bad idea. I already posted mine day 2.

I just did a quick scan of day 2, though, and Kashyyk seems rather suspicious. He did lots of soft scumhunting, but only voted near the end. His vote at that point was on Zai, not Akigagak or Web. I think he was trying to figure out who not to lynch without being too obvious about it. Since he couldn't know who the scum were for sure (not both, anyway, even if he only sent one letter), it would explain his very cautious scum-hunting actions.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 13, 2010, 02:52:49 pm »

I only sent a letter to Webadict. Thus, I can't be the sk.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39