Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: Christmas Mafia: End - final gift  (Read 59149 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Mafia: Day 2 - Hip hip Hooray, It's Christmas Vacation!
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2010, 03:42:12 am »

Extension
Also, no school due to large amounts of snow!

But back to (trying) to be sensible.

Also, Kashyyk, it's ALWAYS going to be someone's word vs. another player's word. That's the game. It's mafia.
I know that, but usually one side has something else with them, for example proof of scummy actions, or use holes in the other person's argument. With you two it is evenly matched.

And if you feel that way, then why are you thinking I'm town and Meph is scum? Is my word any more valid than, say, Org's word?
Why? Because of a hunch. I know that both of you are good players and both of you could be scum just as easily as you could be town, but this time on a hunch I think that you, webadict, are more likely town.

And, seriously, stop sounding so incredibly scummy. For somebody that doesn't like townies to look scummy, you're sure doing wonderful by yourself. Don't say you don't want to OMGUS. Just don't do it if you don't want to do it.
So I'm looking scummy by pointing out that the OMGUS is the reason why I'm not voting? Fair enough, I'll take that into account for next time.

Kashyyk, how do you feel about Mr. Person?
I missed him on my list, but I think he is a good scum player so I'm not to sure. I think he might be town though.

Also, Meph did send a sent a letter to me, if that helps. I also got coal as well, so Santa doesn't like me either.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2010, 08:18:42 am »

2 Extensions requested, + knowledge of Pandarsenic needing until thursday to get back on normally.

New Deadline: Friday 11pm EST
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 06, 2010, 09:37:29 am »

What the hell does 'someone like Webadict' mean?
From what I've read, it seems to me that webadict usually just picks someone randomly and votes them without any real reasoning, right? People get angry at him for that a lot. Therefore, if he manages to start bandwagons, we're just randomly lynching people, which isn't a good strategy.

Cheddarius, I don't understand what you're accusing Webadict of. Trying to start a bandwagon on Meph? That's not scummy, and it's kind of weird you decided to say something about it AFTER Meph votes Webadict.
Like I said, from what I understand, webadict always attacks someone randomly, right? That's harmful to the town, so we should lynch him, unless we have strong suspicions of who scum is - and I don't. As for the weird coincidence, I didn't have much time to play for a bit, but today I had more time to look at people and vote someone, so I did.

That's...not a threat. That's just stupid people following along, or people who agree with him that Meph is scum.
My point is that if he manages to lynch Mephansteras (a person he seems to have picked randomly), we're lynching random people, which is ill-advised.
Quote from: Zai link=topic=46711.msg955644#msg955644
That's not suspicious for [i
him[/i], though. In recent times he almost never backs up his claims.
Yeah. What I said, though, was that it seemed suspicious that he didn't back them up, and then he did, which sounds scummy to me. Does he do that often? ...But my main point isn't that he's scum, it's that he's worthless or harmful whether or not he's scum.

Webadict seems like he's not being useful to me. However, I'm a little new to this game, and if you guys would rather lynch whoever you suspect scum, I'd be all right with unvoting him.

Extension.
You must be new to the game.

Most people don't say "If y'all'd rather lynch someone suspicious, I'll unvote him." In fact, you should never, ever say that, because you're saying that I'm not suspicious, that you'll be fine with bandwagoning, and that you think I'm useless (Go suck a lemon.)

In what way am I useless? Can you explain that one? Because I think your argument is very... useless and indescriptive. And if you can't do that, then explain how my absence is helpful. AND explain how it's more useful that anyone else's absence.

Way to screw yourself over if you're not scum.

Really? How so? It was 30 minutes to deadline and I was in line to be lynched. Even if I'm wrong and you're town, it was still the right thing to do. A dead vig is just as useless as a living but claimed one, and this way I figure I've improved the town's odds of finding scum.

Now we have a deadline, more information to go off of, and a much better chance of finding scum this day. (And you're actually explaining things for once, which I'll take as a personal victory now matter what happens.)

So, no, I did not just screw myself over. As far as I can tell, I just gave the town a better shot at winning. And since the only way you'd know if I'm wrong would require you being scum, I don't think your argument hold much water.
... Well, I didn't notice the times. I can accept that.

And, what I'm saying is your role would be useless now. I suppose that doesn't matter and that I'm trying to play a game based on roles, so it really doesn't matter.

And you can suck a lemon, too. I do plenty of good work, even if no one is willing to believe me.

Unvote. I don't have anything against you anymore, really.

RedWarrior0, who do you believe is scum?

Extension
Also, no school due to large amounts of snow!

But back to (trying) to be sensible.

Also, Kashyyk, it's ALWAYS going to be someone's word vs. another player's word. That's the game. It's mafia.
I know that, but usually one side has something else with them, for example proof of scummy actions, or use holes in the other person's argument. With you two it is evenly matched.

And if you feel that way, then why are you thinking I'm town and Meph is scum? Is my word any more valid than, say, Org's word?
Why? Because of a hunch. I know that both of you are good players and both of you could be scum just as easily as you could be town, but this time on a hunch I think that you, webadict, are more likely town.

And, seriously, stop sounding so incredibly scummy. For somebody that doesn't like townies to look scummy, you're sure doing wonderful by yourself. Don't say you don't want to OMGUS. Just don't do it if you don't want to do it.
So I'm looking scummy by pointing out that the OMGUS is the reason why I'm not voting? Fair enough, I'll take that into account for next time.

Kashyyk, how do you feel about Mr. Person?
I missed him on my list, but I think he is a good scum player so I'm not to sure. I think he might be town though.

Also, Meph did send a sent a letter to me, if that helps. I also got coal as well, so Santa doesn't like me either.
If you're on the Naughty list, you get coal whether you send a letter or not (unless of course the grinches steal).
So Santa thinks that I'm scum.
This makes him a threat; we don't want someone like Webadict starting bandwagons on whoever he randomly haets on.

What the hell does 'someone like Webadict' mean? Experienced? Possible Scum? It seems pretty definite, and unless you're scum and are selling him down the river to appear town, or got seer powers last night, I don't see how you can be so certain.
For people with a lot to say, you guys don't use your votes too much.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 06, 2010, 09:48:40 am »

I haven't voted because of the three that I most think are scum, you, Meph and Chedarius, two would get me accused of bandwagoning, and the other might just look suspect to me for the same reason I look suspsect to others, he's saying a lot and doing nothing.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 06, 2010, 09:48:59 am »

I forgot about voting.

I would've voted RedWarrior to try and get him to actually post something, but you've done that. So I'll call out Zai: Who do you think is scum?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 06, 2010, 10:27:39 am »

Mephansteras is still scum.  He keeps changing his vote in a desperate attempt to get someone, anyone other than himself lynched.  I'm not buying it.  If he's a scum vig, we have all the more reason to lynch him.

Cheddarius, you are either his partner or Scrooge.  He's trying to get webadict lynched since he's "Not useful", apparently, and that's better than lynching scum.  Also odd how he came in at the last moment and saved Meph from a lynch.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 06, 2010, 11:29:27 am »

I haven't voted because of the three that I most think are scum, you, Meph and Chedarius, two would get me accused of bandwagoning, and the other might just look suspect to me for the same reason I look suspsect to others, he's saying a lot and doing nothing.

You're thinking too defensively, which is bad. Vote whomever you think is scum and state your reasons for doing so. Use quotes to back up your statements. It doesn't matter if you're 'joining a bandwagon' if you have good reasons. That's how people get lynched, after all. The phrase 'hopping onto bandwagon' really refers to people who vote someone with little or no reason simply to get that person lynched.

So, yeah, if you web or I without giving good reasons we'd be suspicious of you. If you back up your vote with evidence, we might still be a little suspicious but we're not going to lynch you for playing the game. You can, though, get lynched for active lurking.

And, Leaf, you're really misconstruing what I've been doing. I gave my reasons for moving my vote off of you, and my votes on Kashyyk and RedWarrior0 were specifically to get them talking. I'm currently voting web because at least with him I have information that leads me to think he's scum.

Besides, if I were scum and trying to get someone lynched I'd have stuck with either you or Kashyyk. With you I'd have dug up some stuff from your fight with RNG, phrased it to look suspicious, and kept voting you. Or I could have switched to Kashyyk and kept pressure on him, since even after he did post he didn't bother voting. Not out of character for him, but it'd have made a perfectly valid case to go after him.

I've been bouncing my vote around because I was having trouble finding scum. It draws attention and suspicion, though. Do you really think I'm so bad a player that I'd risk doing that if I was scum??
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 06, 2010, 12:46:35 pm »

I'm going to hold my vote on Cheddarius until I get some real suspicions. All we've got right now is a dislike of Webadct's SEEMINGLY random votes.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2010, 01:10:45 pm »

I've been bouncing my vote around because I was having trouble finding scum. It draws attention and suspicion, though. Do you really think I'm so bad a player that I'd risk doing that if I was scum??
I have to point out that is a blatant WIFOM. You could quite easily claim that as scum to make it look like you were town.

Also, I'm unhappy to admit that pressuring me for not voting probably would have worked, but somehow I've managed to never be lynched except for that one time when I was DoT in para mafia.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2010, 01:20:13 pm »

I have to point out that is a blatant WIFOM. You could quite easily claim that as scum to make it look like you were town.

Also, I'm unhappy to admit that pressuring me for not voting probably would have worked, but somehow I've managed to never be lynched except for that one time when I was DoT in para mafia.

Yes, I could have claimed that as scum to WIFOM the town. But why take the risky approach when the safer one would be more likely to get results? I can't prove my thought process, I can only explain it and leave it to everyone else to decide if they believe me or not.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 06, 2010, 01:23:43 pm »

An old saying 'Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained' could argue with that, but I see where you are coming from.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 06, 2010, 01:40:40 pm »

I don't like the way you're explaining it.  It seems more like you've gone in thinking "This is what I'll do and this is how I'll explain it afterwards" rather than "This is what I do and what I intend to achieve".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 06, 2010, 01:50:46 pm »

I don't like the way you're explaining it.  It seems more like you've gone in thinking "This is what I'll do and this is how I'll explain it afterwards" rather than "This is what I do and what I intend to achieve".

That really doesn't make any sense. You're saying that I went into this day going "I know! I'll bounce my vote around and not really give any good evidence for why to vote someone and hope I get a bunch of sheep to randomly vote someone for no reason! And then I'll make up excuses for why I did it!"? That makes no sense whatsoever. If I did that I'd deserve to be called a moron by webadict. Even as refuge in audacity that's a horrible plan.
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 06, 2010, 02:10:04 pm »

There it is again.  It's the way you're trying to do stuff that would, in your eyes, make no sense to do as scum.  Yeah, randomly bouncing votes around is an odd move for scum, but it's an equally odd move for town.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 06, 2010, 02:10:58 pm »

Since when is using votes to prod lurkers into talking unusual for town?
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39