Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39

Author Topic: Christmas Mafia: End - final gift  (Read 59133 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Mafia: Day 2 - Hip hip Hooray, It's Christmas Vacation!
« Reply #255 on: January 05, 2010, 08:56:54 pm »

Role claiming to get out of trouble, from what I've seen in the other threads, doesn't work without proof.

Webadicts aggressiveness, which has been a bit much, is not proof of anything.

And damn, I got coal. Santa, whoever they are, thinks that I'm scum.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 05, 2010, 09:06:36 pm »

Dakarian, can we clarify: Does coal mean you sent a letter to Santa and he deemed you scum?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 05, 2010, 09:08:44 pm »

Well, it means I was on the 'naughty' list.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 05, 2010, 09:28:53 pm »

If you're on the Naughty list, you get coal whether you send a letter or not (unless of course the grinches steal).

Also. Webadict seems to me to be really weird today. I realize that he's always antagonistic and such, making dumb claims whenever he's town, but he has actually started a lynch on Mephansteras right now. This makes him a threat; we don't want someone like Webadict starting bandwagons on whoever he randomly haets on. Also, he has made some crazy claims ("Mephansteras is scum because I'm awesome") but later backed off with more reasonable claims ("Mephansteras is scum because he's lurking etc"), which sounds really suspicious to me.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 05, 2010, 09:35:21 pm »

If you're on the Naughty list, you get coal whether you send a letter or not (unless of course the grinches steal).
So Santa thinks that I'm scum.
This makes him a threat; we don't want someone like Webadict starting bandwagons on whoever he randomly haets on.

What the hell does 'someone like Webadict' mean? Experienced? Possible Scum? It seems pretty definite, and unless you're scum and are selling him down the river to appear town, or got seer powers last night, I don't see how you can be so certain.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 05, 2010, 09:52:00 pm »

Eh, no Webadict or Meph comments for me, except I'm leaning against Meph being town FOR NOW. Later, I'll think about it again, but I refuse to lynch Meph today. I can't read Webadict, so no comments on him.

Cheddarius, I don't understand what you're accusing Webadict of. Trying to start a bandwagon on Meph? That's not scummy, and it's kind of weird you decided to say something about it AFTER Meph votes Webadict.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 05, 2010, 10:18:43 pm »

I didn't role claim to get out of trouble, I role claimed because if I die (by lynch or mafia NK) it gives the town more information. I realized that I'd do the town more harm then good by keeping my role a secret. I might still die, yes, but at least I'd have gotten the town closer to victory. I'm pretty certain that one of those four I sent a letter to is scum, and I'm betting it's webadict based on his behavior.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2010, 10:27:50 pm »

Dakarian, can we clarify: Does coal mean you sent a letter to Santa and he deemed you scum?
Not necessarily; it just means you were on the Naughty list.

This makes him a threat; we don't want someone like Webadict starting bandwagons on whoever he randomly haets on.
That's...not a threat. That's just stupid people following along, or people who agree with him that Meph is scum.

Also, he has made some crazy claims ("Mephansteras is scum because I'm awesome") but later backed off with more reasonable claims ("Mephansteras is scum because he's lurking etc"), which sounds really suspicious to me.
That's not suspicious for him, though. In recent times he almost never backs up his claims.

EXTENSION.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2010, 10:38:27 pm »

Also, he has made some crazy claims ("Mephansteras is scum because I'm awesome") but later backed off with more reasonable claims ("Mephansteras is scum because he's lurking etc"), which sounds really suspicious to me.
That's not suspicious for him, though. In recent times he almost never backs up his claims.

Yeah, it's a null tell for web, which is why I didn't think much of it before. But then I started thinking of what information I could pass along to the town before I died, and realized that his attacks on me made lots of sense if he's scum. And, since he's changed his play style to be inscrutable, he could do so without raising any suspicions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 05, 2010, 11:20:45 pm »

Current Vote Count:

Mephansteras[2]: Leafsnail, Webadict,
Webadict[2]: Mephansteras, Cheddarius,
Cheddarius[2]: Sonearage, Mr.Person,
Sonearage[1]: Zai,

Not Voting: Pandarsenic, Kashyyk, RedWarrior0, Akigagak,

3 Extensions heard.  0 objections.

New Deadline: Wednesday, 11pm EST
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 06, 2010, 12:23:30 am »

Might as well post this before EOD, just in case the Extension doesn't go through.

Unvote.

Webadict, I think you are a grinch. Why? Because you've been attacking me all day long without any apparent reason. You started as soon as the day began and haven't let up at all. Except...I think you do have a reason.

I sent letters to Webadict, Kashyyk, Pandarsenic, and Zai. I'm pretty sure that at least Webadict is scum, because the gift that Santa gave me was an AK 47.

I am a vigilante, and it makes perfect sense for the scum to want to get me lynched.
Well, let's think about this normally/logically Meph:

1) I don't care about what you say you are. I just care that you actually try and defend yourself. So far, you've ignored me for the most part. So boo hoo, go cry in a corner.
2) Assuming you're town, you're now completely useless if there's a [scum]: A) Roleblocker, B) Redirecter, or C) another Vigilante.
3) Also assuming you're town, you gave away possible candidates for Santa/Helpers.

So, no matter what you are, you're a moron. A useless moron, at that.

Also. Webadict seems to me to be really weird today. I realize that he's always antagonistic and such, making dumb claims whenever he's town, but he has actually started a lynch on Mephansteras right now. This makes him a threat; we don't want someone like Webadict starting bandwagons on whoever he randomly haets on. Also, he has made some crazy claims ("Mephansteras is scum because I'm awesome") but later backed off with more reasonable claims ("Mephansteras is scum because he's lurking etc"), which sounds really suspicious to me.
... Uh huh. That works and all, except for the intelligence part of it (Hint: Doesn't exist.) You're saying I'm scum because, and let me know if I misinterpreted this, I'm not being an idiot. That is... pretty original, I'll give you that.

I'd like to clarify (This is new for me, since I've decided that anti-town behavior, for the most part, doesn't actually help the town unless they listen to, and act on, the information.) I've decided to use a new tactic. It's called rationalization. Basically, I'm going to explain, at least a bit, of what I'm doing.

Which means I'm going to do a bit more work than usual and, grudgingly, work on my town game, as everyone puts it. Hopefully, the entire thing works out.

My problem here is that I've managed to get the two other people currently on the chopping block to gang up on me. Odd, but not disturbing, but I'm still having a problem with Mephansteras, because he's suddenly gained an epiphany about why I'm scum (His first two didn't quite pan out, you see, and he needs a better scapegoat.)

And while his theory works, it's like saying that elasticity should allow a ball to bounce forever. I'm town, and he WANTS the theory to fit in. I've an equal theory. If he's not mafia, he's an SK. He knows for a fact that two of the people on that list are Santa and a Grinch. Lynching him would show this and in the Night, inspections can find the Grinch among those three.

I go after you, Meph, because I know you're quite possibly as good as I am. You can talk your way out of a bad situation, so I'm going to make sure you're lynched. I know it took me two Days in Bay12 Mafia to get everyone to lynch you, and I was a CONFIRMED TOWNIE! It's ridiculous, when you think about it, but I'll attribute it to my lack of town playing. So, freak out some more, okay?

You claim you have feelings about players, but I do too. I feel you're scum. So, you can stop complaining that I'm going after you, kkthxbai.

Biggest. Baby. Ever. Way to screw yourself over if you're not scum.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 06, 2010, 12:41:36 am »

Way to screw yourself over if you're not scum.

Really? How so? It was 30 minutes to deadline and I was in line to be lynched. Even if I'm wrong and you're town, it was still the right thing to do. A dead vig is just as useless as a living but claimed one, and this way I figure I've improved the town's odds of finding scum.

Now we have a deadline, more information to go off of, and a much better chance of finding scum this day. (And you're actually explaining things for once, which I'll take as a personal victory now matter what happens.)

So, no, I did not just screw myself over. As far as I can tell, I just gave the town a better shot at winning. And since the only way you'd know if I'm wrong would require you being scum, I don't think your argument hold much water.
Come play Mafia with us!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 06, 2010, 01:23:54 am »

What the hell does 'someone like Webadict' mean?
From what I've read, it seems to me that webadict usually just picks someone randomly and votes them without any real reasoning, right? People get angry at him for that a lot. Therefore, if he manages to start bandwagons, we're just randomly lynching people, which isn't a good strategy.

Cheddarius, I don't understand what you're accusing Webadict of. Trying to start a bandwagon on Meph? That's not scummy, and it's kind of weird you decided to say something about it AFTER Meph votes Webadict.
Like I said, from what I understand, webadict always attacks someone randomly, right? That's harmful to the town, so we should lynch him, unless we have strong suspicions of who scum is - and I don't. As for the weird coincidence, I didn't have much time to play for a bit, but today I had more time to look at people and vote someone, so I did.

That's...not a threat. That's just stupid people following along, or people who agree with him that Meph is scum.
My point is that if he manages to lynch Mephansteras (a person he seems to have picked randomly), we're lynching random people, which is ill-advised.
Quote from: Zai link=topic=46711.msg955644#msg955644
That's not suspicious for [i
him[/i], though. In recent times he almost never backs up his claims.
Yeah. What I said, though, was that it seemed suspicious that he didn't back them up, and then he did, which sounds scummy to me. Does he do that often? ...But my main point isn't that he's scum, it's that he's worthless or harmful whether or not he's scum.

Webadict seems like he's not being useful to me. However, I'm a little new to this game, and if you guys would rather lynch whoever you suspect scum, I'd be all right with unvoting him.

Extension.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 06, 2010, 01:24:44 am »

Forgot a bracket, fixed quote is here:
Quote from: Zai link=topic=46711.msg955644#msg955644
Yeah. What I said, though, was that it seemed suspicious that he didn't back them up, and then he did, which sounds scummy to me. Does he do that often? ...But my main point isn't that he's scum, it's that he's worthless or harmful whether or not he's scum.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2010, 01:26:43 am »

Okay whatever, you get the point. Friggin' quotes.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39