Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39

Author Topic: Christmas Mafia: End - final gift  (Read 59101 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Mafia: Day 2 - Hip hip Hooray, It's Christmas Vacation!
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2010, 01:05:13 pm »

Hardly. It has more to do with the general lack of information in this game as a whole. I have a suspicion about you, but that's all. I don't have a lot to back it up and you haven't given me anything new. Since I'm not convinced you're scum, I'm moving on.

The reason I keep mentioning it is to keep people thinking about you. I don't want you to just skate along forgotten like Neruz did in PM12.
Then bring up information about it. If you don't have any information, then why are you insinuating that Leafsnail is scummy? How about this: Why do you feel Leafsnail is scummy? What about him?

Also, Kashyyk, it's ALWAYS going to be someone's word vs. another player's word. That's the game. It's mafia. And if you feel that way, then why are you thinking I'm town and Meph is scum? Is my word any more valid than, say, Org's word? And, seriously, stop sounding so incredibly scummy. For somebody that doesn't like townies to look scummy, you're sure doing wonderful by yourself. Don't say you don't want to OMGUS. Just don't do it if you don't want to do it.

It's not that big of a deal.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2010, 01:11:06 pm »

So why are you unvoting me rather than making an effort to find out what alignment I am?

Because I'm trying to get more people to participate and give us information. I could focus on you, but I'm not certain you're scum and there are lots of inactive people. How many times does town lose around here because the only people getting lynched are the active townies?

@Webadict: I have a gut suspicion of him, mostly born out of his day 1 activity and the fight with RNG. However, my gut suspicions have been wrong often enough in the past that I don't want to get myself stuck on lynching him. I've done that often enough in the past (and gotten townies lynched instead of scum) to know it's a bad idea unless I've got more then a feeling about them. In this case, I don't. So I'm going to focus on other people and see what turns up. Right now I'm more suspicious of all the lurking then I am of leafsnail.

Thank you, Kashyyk, that was much more useful. Still, it'd help if you focused a bit more on actually voting people and scum hunting. Unvote for now, though.

RedWarrior0, we'd like to hear some more from you. You, too, Pandarsenic!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2010, 01:45:14 pm »

It was a joke anyway, Sonearage, after Akigagak said something about using baseless accusations. Everyone but you seems to have gotten this, and he even said it was a joke in his next joke to clarify after I played along with him. Why did you miss that? Why aren't you paying attention? If you're going to go for an easy lynch, scum, at least pay attention to make sure that what you're voting them for isn't a misunderstanding on your own part.

I went mental about that bit,

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2010, 01:52:41 pm »

Ah yes, I forgot, unvote.

Don't want a joke vote to get someone lynched.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2010, 05:45:34 pm »

Vote hopping and deflection onto lurkers?

Well, what would a townie have done? I'm not sure, but I dislike the way Meph mentioned that we should lynch somebody who's less active just because they're less active.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2010, 05:47:52 pm »

I'm not pushing for a 'Lynch All Lurkers' vote, I'm just trying to get the lurkers to participate. If you'll note, I haven't been trying to get anyone else to vote these people, I'm just voting them to get them talking. It's simply the most effective way to get people to stop lurking and actually say something.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2010, 06:31:50 pm »

Current Vote Count:

Mephansteras[2]: Leafsnail, Webadict
RedWarrior0[1]: Mephansteras,
Cheddarius[1]: Sonearage
Sonearage[1]: Zai,
Mephansteras[1]: Mr.Person,

Not Voting: Pandarsenic, Kashyyk, RedWarrior0, Cheddarius, Akigagak,

Deadline: Tuesday, 9pm EST

Although he didn't say, I do know that Pandarsenic is having problems getting online (Bay 12 has his post about it). 

Redwarrior, though, has earned a Prod.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2010, 06:44:03 pm »

You guys are being ridiculous. That's why we end up with 0 Doctors in regular games.
You were part of the problem that caused that in NM Mafia too, Web. ;)

So. I don't think we should let Sonearage off the hook just because she's young and pretty new to the game. She's young, new, and scum.

It was a joke anyway, Sonearage, after Akigagak said something about using baseless accusations. Everyone but you seems to have gotten this, and he even said it was a joke in his next joke to clarify after I played along with him. Why did you miss that? Why aren't you paying attention? If you're going to go for an easy lynch, scum, at least pay attention to make sure that what you're voting them for isn't a misunderstanding on your own part.
I went mental about that bit,
1) Use the Quote function properly, please. It's rather confusing otherwise.
2) That's the point.

Something seems off to me about Web. I can't really specifically place it, though. Maybe...not as offensive?

Also, wut at there being 2 separate Mephs on that votecount.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2010, 07:27:06 pm »

I'm not pushing for a 'Lynch All Lurkers' vote, I'm just trying to get the lurkers to participate. If you'll note, I haven't been trying to get anyone else to vote these people, I'm just voting them to get them talking. It's simply the most effective way to get people to stop lurking and actually say something.

The proper response would of been to vote RedWarrior AND post your thoughts on Leafsnail. You didn't do that. You're just using your RedWarrior vote as an excuse to not comment on the issues at hand.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2010, 07:34:46 pm »

I've posted my thoughts on him, several times. I have a feeling he might be scum. That's it. I have no solid proof, no deep reasoning, nothing beyond a gut feeling. I voted him at the beginning of Day 2 to get things started and see how things went. Nothing has really come of it. I don't have enough to keep voting him and decided that keeping my vote on him was a waste of time when I'm not even sure he's scum.
Come play Mafia with us!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2010, 07:40:57 pm »

Sorry for not posting, guys - I haven't been able to post on Bay12 much lately.

Sonearage is still pretty suspicious to me; while being young and new could explain her outrage, I don't think that even a young, new town would be so angry.
Kashyyk, how do you feel about Mr. Person?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2010, 08:30:17 pm »

I'm going to request an Extension due to the large number of people who have not voted.
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2010, 08:39:10 pm »

Yes, extensions are good.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2010, 08:44:00 pm »

Although he didn't say, I do know that Pandarsenic is having problems getting online (Bay 12 has his post about it). 
That isn't terribly helpful for finding the post... (/offtopic)
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2010, 08:46:56 pm »

Might as well post this before EOD, just in case the Extension doesn't go through.

Unvote.

Webadict, I think you are a grinch. Why? Because you've been attacking me all day long without any apparent reason. You started as soon as the day began and haven't let up at all. Except...I think you do have a reason.

I sent letters to Webadict, Kashyyk, Pandarsenic, and Zai. I'm pretty sure that at least Webadict is scum, because the gift that Santa gave me was an AK 47.

I am a vigilante, and it makes perfect sense for the scum to want to get me lynched.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39