Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39

Author Topic: Christmas Mafia: End - final gift  (Read 59191 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Mafia: Day 2 - Hip hip Hooray, It's Christmas Vacation!
« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2009, 07:29:30 pm »

Guys! I think that it would be a great thing for people who got a one-shot to claim, or for there to be some sort of claiming with obfuscation (saying who you know is clean or whatnot, but not revealing what you got - if someone can figure out a way to do this, it'll give us confirmed townies without letting scum narrow down who Santa is). We have 7 mallies, right? If we can get several mallies who got 2 to claim, we can confirm many townies and it'll be great.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 31, 2009, 07:31:12 pm »

Well, Cheddar, the mafia may have just watched, so they wouldn't necessarily be cleared.  Also, Meph:

Now that RNG is dead, it makes sense to put more pressure on you. Which is precisely what I'm doing. It's not that I'm convinced you're scum, it's that I don't have a clear idea of who is scum at this point and you're a good starting point for this day.
Ugh, have you taken up politics?  This is diplomatic to the point of ridiculous.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2009, 07:32:01 pm »

Aw man! That sucks... do you guys think we should still claim?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2009, 07:33:19 pm »

If you were stolen from and you think you might have caught scum, then yes, claim.  Otherwise, no.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2009, 07:36:51 pm »

Ah, all right. Anyway, are we supposed to continue scumhunting now? I'll look over the thread and see who seems scummy to me.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2009, 07:52:25 pm »

That or baseless accusations.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2009, 07:55:21 pm »

AKIGAGAK YOU ARE CLEARLY SCUM

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2009, 07:56:34 pm »

Ah, all right. Anyway, are we supposed to continue scumhunting now? I'll look over the thread and see who seems scummy to me.

...Yeah, that's...kind of the point of the game. Scumhunting doesn't end just because we get a few power roles. >,>

...People who were to receive one-shot abilities can be stolen from as well, correct? Then the scum shouldn't be able to figure out who Santa is.

...Never mind. Yes they can, as the Grinches will know whether the gift they stole is one-shot or not.

So yeah. Announcing you were stolen from is a bad idea, I suppose, unless we agree that losing a day due to loss of Santa is worth possibly finding scum. Perhaps when we're down to just one scum (we've already lynched the first), so that the loss of Santa (and therefore a day and night) won't matter due to the game ending? But that's a way's off in the future anyway. But just announcing you got stolen from shouldn't do any harm, but it also wouldn't do much good, so meh.

Regardless: Unvote Leafsnail.

[PPE:] ...Baseless accusations? On Day 2? That's a joke, right? We're done with Random Voting Stage, dude.

[PPE2:] You need to actually vote him for the full effect, Ched.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2009, 08:10:17 pm »

Er, how would claiming stealing let the Grinches figure out who Santa is? I can only see #1 helping with that, not #4...

Also, I think claiming steal would be good. If I claim I was stolen and I sent letters to Adam, Billy, and Charlie, and Mary claims stolen from Billy, David, and Earl, and then Pepe claims stolen from Adam, Billy, and Fandango, we can probably see Billy as scum (Scum fake claiming would mess it up a bit, but it's still very likely). And that's very, very useful.

Also it was just a little joke so I didn't really feel the need to actually vote. Meh.

Aw man, I'm getting really confused between my two main Mafia threads right now. Drat.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2009, 08:15:49 pm »

Er, how would claiming stealing let the Grinches figure out who Santa is? I can only see #1 helping with that, not #4...

Not just claiming stealing. Sharing who they sent their letters to. This is because if you would have received an actual present but got it stolen, scum will know when they get your present that you sent a letter to Santa. So when you reveal that you sent letters to only Bob and Bill, Bob will know Bill is scum, but Bill will know Bob is Santa, and the scum will NK him as soon as possible if he doesn't end up getting lynched.

It seems like basic stuff to me, so I can't explain it very well. =/

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2009, 08:20:32 pm »

I don't think scum know if a player they stole from was getting a present or a 1-shot. I wouldn't know, I haven't asked.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 31, 2009, 08:22:58 pm »

I don't think scum know if a player they stole from was getting a present or a 1-shot. I wouldn't know, I haven't asked.
He would know, because he'd get the present.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2009, 08:24:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure they do:

Quote from: OP
Steal: They steal the present during transport.  A player will receive no present at all.  Meanwhile, the grinch gains whatever the present contained.

This would mean that they get whatever the person would have gotten.

[PPE:] Ninjaed.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2009, 08:27:29 pm »

Not just claiming stealing. Sharing who they sent their letters to. This is because if you would have received an actual present but got it stolen, scum will know when they get your present that you sent a letter to Santa. So when you reveal that you sent letters to only Bob and Bill, Bob will know Bill is scum, but Bill will know Bob is Santa, and the scum will NK him as soon as possible if he doesn't end up getting lynched.
Oh, I see now. How about people who got one-shots claim?
...but then they might be able to figure out who ISN'T Santa, and kill anyone not on those lists... dang.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 01, 2010, 05:04:37 am »

Cheddarius,
AKIGAGAK YOU ARE CLEARLY SCUM
Please explain your actions

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39