Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39

Author Topic: Christmas Mafia: End - final gift  (Read 59229 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Mafia: Day 2 - Hip hip Hooray, It's Christmas Vacation!
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2009, 02:51:18 am »

Ignore me, I'm an idiot.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Sonearage

• Bay Watcher
  • ...mwaw...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2009, 09:07:52 am »

ok

"They kept on telling him that he was 'Unfashionable, Dahling! that *Pig Tail Tunic* is sooo last Granite.' and then, when they finished their depraved acts of "beauty" on him, they all said 'FAHBULOS, DAHLING!'"

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2009, 10:00:15 am »

Second off, I think we should claim who sent us messages and whom we sent them to.
Third, should we have Santa and his helper claim now or wait?

FUCKING. HELL. NO.

Well. For the third one, at least Santa shouldn't. SANTA SHOULD NOT CLAIM. IF HE DOES HE WILL DIE. AND THEN WE LOSE A DAY, GIVING SCUM A FREE NIGHTKILL AND A CHANCE TO USE ANY ABILITIES THEY HAVE (possibly extra NK due to receiving Vig power). FoS Web because people went over this day one.

Quote from: OP
If Santa dies before or afterwards, the town will mourn him, causing them to lose a day.

For the second one, that will almost inevitably (a strong probably) lead to scum figuring out who Santa is. So that's not good either.

I have an idea for Santa to figure out who a real Helper is (requiring Helper claimers to say who sent them letters, since Santa would know who the Helper received from), but that's only useful to Santa and if 2+ Helpers claim since Santa can't explain who the real one is without hurting the town by being offed in the night. So that's not useful at all unless people Helper-claim, and is only kind of useful even then. I had some other ideas as well, but they all required Santa to publicly announce who he is, so those can all be scrapped.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2009, 12:22:01 pm »

Second off, I think we should claim who sent us messages and whom we sent them to.
Third, should we have Santa and his helper claim now or wait?

FUCKING. HELL. NO.

Well. For the third one, at least Santa shouldn't. SANTA SHOULD NOT CLAIM. IF HE DOES HE WILL DIE. AND THEN WE LOSE A DAY, GIVING SCUM A FREE NIGHTKILL AND A CHANCE TO USE ANY ABILITIES THEY HAVE (possibly extra NK due to receiving Vig power). FoS Web because people went over this day one.

Quote from: OP
If Santa dies before or afterwards, the town will mourn him, causing them to lose a day.

For the second one, that will almost inevitably (a strong probably) lead to scum figuring out who Santa is. So that's not good either.

I have an idea for Santa to figure out who a real Helper is (requiring Helper claimers to say who sent them letters, since Santa would know who the Helper received from), but that's only useful to Santa and if 2+ Helpers claim since Santa can't explain who the real one is without hurting the town by being offed in the night. So that's not useful at all unless people Helper-claim, and is only kind of useful even then. I had some other ideas as well, but they all required Santa to publicly announce who he is, so those can all be scrapped.
... Whoops. I never saw that. My bad.

Anyhow, if that the case, then the scum could also figure out who's Santa through the letters as well. I figured that it'd only help if someone was stolen from.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2009, 02:15:27 pm »

I agree with Zai, I'm not sure that there is any advantage to Santa's helper claiming. Best that we avoid that, unless someone comes up with a brilliant plan.

Which means we're back to basic scumhunting. Since we didn't get a lynch yesterday, that's a bit trickier. RandomNumberGenerator's death doesn't help either, of course, since we've long established on this board that you can't really read anything from who's killed most of the time.

So, to get the ball rolling, I'm going to vote for Leafsnail. Your fight with RandomNumberGenerator has not been forgotten, Leaf.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2009, 02:21:31 pm »

I agree with Zai, I'm not sure that there is any advantage to Santa's helper claiming. Best that we avoid that, unless someone comes up with a brilliant plan.
Well Santa's Helper has no real purpose now, so claiming at some point would allow them to confirm themselves.  Not necessarily at this time, but a claim from Santa's Helper could be useful later on.  Santa himself shouldn't claim due to him being a Beloved Princess and all that.  The only other reason you should claim is if you sent out one or two letters and received no present at all.

In other news... ugh... very little seems to have happened.  The RNG kill was probably an attempt to frame me, I guess.

So, to get the ball rolling, I'm going to vote for Leafsnail. Your fight with RandomNumberGenerator has not been forgotten, Leaf.
Ok.  And what do you want me to say about it, Meph?  Or is this just more active lurking?

To start today, Mr.Person, why more emphasis on theft than on scumhunting?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2009, 02:50:11 pm »

Not active lurking at all. I stated my suspicions about you and RNG day 1, and now that RNG is dead I'm a bit more suspicious of you.

I agree with Mr.Person, actually, that it would be very helpful to know if anything got stolen. That way we'll know what powers the grinches may have gotten. If those people tell us who they sent letters to, it may also help narrow down the possible list of scum. Providing they didn't just blast letters out to everyone, anyway.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2009, 02:53:54 pm »

Because if anybody claimed a theft and who they sent letters to, that'd be a list of one or more scum in there, including the person that claimed getting stolen from.

Sadly, the scum weren't dumb enough to steal, I guess, so they already know a few of the gifts.

I don't see why Santa's Helper shouldn't claim, really. It doesn't point to Santa at all. If there's a counterclaim, we just lynch the one that we think is scummier. If that one comes up town, well, we all know who to lynch next time.

On the other hand, I suppose waiting until the helper is going to get lynched before claiming would be a good idea.

Kashyyki, why did you not vote yesterday?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2009, 02:58:26 pm »

Because I've been on a short notice four-day holiday to my aunts. Which is why I haven't actually posted since then.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2009, 05:02:42 pm »

To start today, Leafsnail, why is people who got stolen from speaking up about the people who stole from them a bad thing? That gives us some information, if not reliable information due to the possibility of scum false-claiming theft.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2009, 05:22:11 pm »

How do they know the difference between getting stolen from and having sent thier letters to people who aren't Santa?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 31, 2009, 05:38:19 pm »

How do they know the difference between getting stolen from and having sent thier letters to people who aren't Santa?

There are 4 possibilities for Mall Santas:

1. You got your role changed.
2. You got a one-shot ability.
3. You got coal.
4. You got nothing at all.

If 1, one of the people you sent a letter to is Santa or Santa's Helper.
If 2, none of the people you sent a letter to is Santa or Santa's Helper.
If 3, you've learned nothing.
If 4, one of the people you've sent a letter to is a Grinch, and you should claim as such.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2009, 05:53:10 pm »

1 & 2: Okay, I see now.
3: So coal doesn't mean you sent a letter to the right player, but are on the 'Naughty List'?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2009, 06:05:55 pm »

Not active lurking at all. I stated my suspicions about you and RNG day 1, and now that RNG is dead I'm a bit more suspicious of you.
UnvoteMephansteras, this is interesting.  While we were fighting, you were simply staying outside of the fight and idly saying that "one of them could be scum" (and then not voting for or over-pressuring either of us).  Now, it seems an awful lot like you killed RNG off to have an excuse to go for me.  Tell me, Meph, if you thought one of us was scum yesterday, why wait until today to tell us?

To start today, Leafsnail, why is people who got stolen from speaking up about the people who stole from them a bad thing? That gives us some information, if not reliable information due to the possibility of scum false-claiming theft.
I said they definately should if they've only sent out one or two letters (giving them a reasonable idea of who is a grinch).  The only problem with claiming that they got stolen from with more people on the list is that the scum, from what gift they received, might be able to work out who Santa is, but if we want to take that risk it's fine.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2009, 06:43:55 pm »

I was somewhat suspicious of both of you, as I stated yesterday. However, I didn't have enough information to decide on which of you to focus on, so I let the fight play out and put some pressure on Akigagak.

Now that RNG is dead, it makes sense to put more pressure on you. Which is precisely what I'm doing. It's not that I'm convinced you're scum, it's that I don't have a clear idea of who is scum at this point and you're a good starting point for this day.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39