Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: BM7: PokeBox #058: Town Victory!  (Read 43781 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BM7: PokeBox #058: Town Victory!
« on: December 21, 2009, 06:51:17 pm »

The Rules:

PMs: You may NOT PM to anyone except to me, the ICs, or from one mafia member to another. If you send a post to an IC or fellow mafia member, include me.  Furthermore, ALL discussion about this game, even indirectly, can only occur in this thread.

Votes: All votes must be colored red.  To avoid confusion, only use that color when you are voting for someone.  You must also unvote before you vote for another.  If you do NOT unvote, your new vote will NOT count.  No Lynch votes are allowed.

Deadlines:"Days" will last for 2 RL days.  Nights will last 24 hours or until all night roles have been sent to me.  The deadline will be posted regularly and I retain the ability to hurry the deadline for inactivity or extend the deadline if enough request it.  Note that any deadline that falls on a weekend will be pushed back to the following Monday, and deadlines that fall on a Holiday will likely be pushed back as well.  Note that you may request to extend or shorten the day. The first deadline is sent for Midnight, Dec. 23.

LynchesUpon deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched.  If there is a tie, there will be no lynch. Once dead, you may not speak or PM anyone about the game, living or otherwise. 

Deadchat: A Dead chat will be made available to all killed players.

Mafiachat : Mafia will be given their own Chat to speak to one another once roles have been sent.

Catch my attention: Bolded sentences can be used to catch my attention.  Green text used by me is story text, or flavour, and is just there to be interesting.  Note you are free to apply flavor as you wish.  Note that the flavor has nothing to do with the actual gameplay and can be ignored if desired. RP abilities sent in your PMs are JUST for flavour.

Quoting and Editing: Do NOT quote my PM text and do NOT edit your posts (you can double post if you need to).

Lastly any suggestion of breaking a rule in the main chat will be treated as the rule already broken.  If you have any questions or wish to make sure of the legality of an action, PM me first.

You can, of course, ask any questions you may have.

These are the Roles that may appear in the game:

Townsperson/Townie: The basic town role. Your goal is to help the town lynch all of the mafia players. You win as long as the town wins.

Mafia/Dark Pokemon: The basic antagonist role. You and the other Mafia players work together to kill off the townspeople. During the day, you pretend to be normal townspeople and voting on who is to be lynched. During the night, you will tell me the name of the player you wish to kill along with which of you will kill them. You win once you have greater than or equal to the number of town aligned players.

Mafia Roleblocker: Similar to the mafia.  However, in nights when you are not the one assigned to kill, you may choose one person for yourself.  The person you choose will be unable to perform their night action.  Note that the Doctor will not know if they have been blocked, but the Cop will know.  You will not be informed if you had blocked an actual action.

Mafia Godfather:  Similar to the mafia.  However, when investigated by the cop, they will show up as an innocent townsperson.

Cop: An honest cop, he may choose one player each night to investigate. He will then learn if that player is Mafia or Town.

Doctor: The doctor may choose one player each night to protect from the mafia's night kill, though he may not protect himself. Note that neither you nor the mafia will know if the kill has been stopped by your action.

Players:
NOTE: THIS WILL BE UPDATED AS THE GAME PROGRESSES TO REPRESENT FLIPPED ROLES AND WHATNOT
01.  spitfire684
02.  Cthulhu - Townie
03.  Alsark - Townie
04.  MagmaDeath
05.  Siquo - Townie
06.  theinnermonk
07.  Cheddarius
08.  Nirur Torir
09.  RandomNumberGenerator - Mafia Roleblocker

ICs:
Town: ToonyMan
Mafia: Vector

Host: GlyphGryph
Co-Host\Bonus IC: Dakarian

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:33:23 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Begginers Mafia 7: Pokemon Box #058
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 06:53:05 pm »

Flavour is optional:
For an unkown amount of time, you have been cramped with these others in this box. It is, in some ways, comfortable - but it is also a prison, and all of you know it. Be that as it may, you are all intensely loyal to he who trapped you here, and you know, you just know, that if you wait patiently enough, someday he will give you an opportunity to serve him or at least free you back into the wild.

It seems, though, something has infected your cramped home. A dark force has worked it way inside, and those who have fallen under its influence have decided that they must force the masters hand. And when he looks inside to see what has happened, when he notices the alerts, when he lets them out... they will have their revenge on him.

This everyone knows, because it is written on the walls in the inky blood of the viciously murdered Tentacool, always the the core of humour and levity in your little forced community. Whoever these scum are, they are daring, and you have a feeling that this is not the last murder. Already Tentacool's body has started to fade as the computer frees his allocated storage space. He is not merely dead - he has been deleted, wiped clean, as if he never was. This is no pokemon battle - this is life or death, and you must destroy them before they destroy you.

This evil must never be allowed to escape the confines of Pokemon Box #058!

Summarized: You are all pokemon, two of you have become Shadow Pokemon - Scum, Mafia, and they must be cleansed the only way you know how... through votes!

Okay, as always in Beginners Mafia, theme is optional. Note, however, your pokemon has no relation to your roles. Feel free to share or whatever you want, but remember that the town's primary goal is always to root out the scum, and the scum's primary goal is always to win - flavour comes second.

Note Well:
Most of you have an "RP Ability". This has no actual effect on the game whatsoever, and is just there for flavour. If you wish, you can feel free to ignore it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 07:01:16 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Begginers Mafia 7: Pokemon Box #058
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:01:53 pm »

And Begin!

It is now the first day!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Begginers Mafia 7: Pokemon Box #058: Day 1, A Suprising Turn of Events...
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 07:12:20 pm »

Pokemon, you say?

Cthulhu, if you were a scum, which type of Pokemon would you be?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 07:26:14 pm »

He'll come back for usss sssomeday! Sssomeday he'll come back and ussse Missssssingno to give usss all Rare Candiesss and we'll all be level 100 and he'll take usss to fight the elite four and - oh god, we're all going to die in thisss place :'(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 07:30:27 pm »

I'd probably be a Greymon.  A less-cool version of a Pokemon hiding out and pretending to be a real pokemon.
Shoes...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 07:36:28 pm »

I'm probably not even a Pokemon at all, given my distaste for that particular eastern "artistic style".

Or a really ugly one. At least I think I am. Growling in a corner.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 07:44:59 pm »

Guysss! Ssscum is clearly Meowth, Arbok, or the other dudesss.
I mean, whatever Team Rocket usssesss.
Not inherently evil, no, and you can even ussse them asss the good guy, but the only Pokemon with any sssort of evil connotationsss are the onesss that Team Rocket ussse. I think.
I really only played firssst and sssecond gen, ssso I dunno about the new onesss. But um... Victreebell, I think, wasss the one that Jamesss usssed?
Ssso thossse would be the ssscumbag ssscumkemon.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 07:52:49 pm »

All scum would probally be shadow type pokemon (Although I can't really even remember any shadow type ones because they are hardly any). Maybe team rocket ones...

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 07:55:58 pm »

he already stated in the opening thing that your pokemon has no influence over whos scum and isnt. btw, im a nidorino, badass or what  :D

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 07:57:17 pm »

I got an idea. One of us is probably a Cop, but can't post his findings because he'll get killed first!

Sooo, he PM's his findings, to the next person in the playerlist. That person PM's it to the next person, and so on, the last person PM's to the first, until the last person PM's it again to the Cop. Then nobody knows who the cop is, but everyone knows what he found out! The cop should watch out when he PM's, don't do it too fast or you'll give yourself away.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 07:58:11 pm »

Anyway, Jesse and James used Arbok and Weezing.
Shoes...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 08:01:39 pm »

The Rules:

PMs: You may NOT PM to anyone except to me, the ICs, or from one mafia member to another. If you send a post to an IC or fellow mafia member, include me.  Furthermore, ALL discussion about this game, even indirectly, can only occur in this thread.

Lastly any suggestion of breaking a rule in the main chat will be treated as the rule already broken.  If you have any questions or wish to make sure of the legality of an action, PM me first.

Watch yourself, Siquo.

Spitfire684, who amongst the current players would you rather have as a scum partner, and why?

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 08:06:33 pm »

I got an idea. One of us is probably a Cop, but can't post his findings because he'll get killed first!

Sooo, he PM's his findings, to the next person in the playerlist. That person PM's it to the next person, and so on, the last person PM's to the first, until the last person PM's it again to the Cop. Then nobody knows who the cop is, but everyone knows what he found out! The cop should watch out when he PM's, don't do it too fast or you'll give yourself away.

not only would that not work but PMing is only allowed between Mafia one should really read the rules of the game

either way RandomNumberGenerator  which pokemon did you get and which would you want if you could make a choice
also to be more relevant who here would be your least favorite scumbuddy

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 08:10:30 pm »

Spitfire684, who amongst the current players would you rather have as a scum partner, and why?
[/quote]
Are you suggesting something? Im not sure who I would have as a scum partner (I don't even know anyone that well). You seem to be going on the offensive
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29