Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HFS exposed at the surface possible?  (Read 1716 times)

XJTA

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
HFS exposed at the surface possible?
« on: December 21, 2009, 04:53:36 am »

I know exposed adamantine is possible, but what about the gooey center?

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: HFS exposed at the surface possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:14:09 am »

When it comes to unlikeliness, it is as unlikely as getting the... Age of Fairy Tales announcement!
There has been only one report of it EVER, and that was by ToadyOne himself.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:40:43 am »

It would make for an interesting embark situation...  :o
...but it's like finding a 2x2 desert-glazier-forest-ocean site with  magma, river, interesting underground stuff, GCS and war with everybody... rather unlikely.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 07:47:36 am »

So, being still new to this game, I stumbled upon an exposed room with a goat in it, connected by ramp to a poorly laid out set of halls full of six ratmen.

What is the term for what I encountered?  Is this not an extremely dilute form of HFS?

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 08:02:26 am »

So, being still new to this game, I stumbled upon an exposed room with a goat in it, connected by ramp to a poorly laid out set of halls full of six ratmen.

What is the term for what I encountered?  Is this not an extremely dilute form of HFS?

A cave. Judging by the description you've given. You'll know when you've gotten HFS... It's a square pit with ramps on the edges, a ramp in the middle and then some random hallways, connected with stairs, isn't it?
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Mraedis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 09:35:47 am »

When it comes to unlikeliness, it is as unlikely as getting the... Age of Fairy Tales announcement!
There has been only one report of it EVER, and that was by ToadyOne himself.

On a sidenote: what are the ages and what do they mean? o.O
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 09:56:18 am »

They're to do with the world population

Age of Fairy Tales is when the majority of the population is human

Age of death is when everythigng is dead

Age of *Megabeast/Demon name* is when the Megabeast/Demon mentioned is alive and very powerful

etc
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 10:05:07 am »

I'm sorry but I found this really rather funny.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 11:00:08 am »

Age of *Megabeast/Demon name* is when the Megabeast/Demon mentioned is alive and very powerful

etc

I've never seen the first two, but I have seen the Age of Elves more than once. It seems to happen most when the Goblin and Dwarf civs wind up right next to each other because of a lack of suitable mountain ranges.

My favorite had to be a small world that was originally in the Age of Titan and Demon until the Titan "Sam" raided the goblin settlement and killed the demon after which it became The Age of Sam.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 11:26:17 am »

etc

I've never seen the first two, but I have seen the Age of Elves more than once. It seems to happen most when the Goblin and Dwarf civs wind up right next to each other because of a lack of suitable mountain ranges.

My favorite had to be a small world that was originally in the Age of Titan and Demon until the Titan "Sam" raided the goblin settlement and killed the demon after which it became The Age of Sam.

http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Calendar#Ages
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 04:42:35 pm »

I laughed at this.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 02:36:51 am »

etc

Later Sam would go on to father a son.
This is to make me recognizable.