Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DF roleplay  (Read 7319 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
DF roleplay
« on: December 20, 2009, 05:34:13 pm »

I'm thinking of starting a player-lead DF based roleplay over at http://roleplayerguild.com/.

Seven members to start with.

Would anyone here be interested?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Krusty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress World
Re: DF roleplay
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 06:15:33 pm »

What does that entail? Perhaps i could set something up over at Dwarf Fortress World.
Dwarf Fortress World - www.dwarffortressworld.com

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 08:57:04 pm »

I might be interested. Been a while since I did some forum RP.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 09:04:35 pm »

Ooh, as in roleplaying the foundation of a fort? :D

I'm interested :)
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 02:41:11 am »

Er, what would you use as a (custom) rule set? This is different than passing DF save games between players or renaming dwarves in a dwarf fortress game and then describing what happens to them, correct?

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 08:31:39 am »

Could be interesting eh?
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 08:43:57 am »

Yeah, there will be no actual save game that this is based around.

Basically, we'll need 7 players to begin and roleplay events as they occur, interacting with each other and hopefully dying in horrific ways.

I'm not looking for anything D&D style, just a bit of fun, so there shouldn't really be a need for many rules as such, I like my RP free form wherever possible.

Each player would need to make a character sheet, and choose a profession for their dwarf.  From that point on, it's just a matter of seeing what we come up with.

A-chana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 08:47:58 am »

Sounds interesting. I'll hold back on joining until I see how it goes, though (I mostly want to have a marksdwarf/hammerdwarf that hides a lot of crazy under a calm exterior, but I don't know how I'd play that).

How would immigrants work, anyway? Or would you start with more than the seven usual dwarves if needed?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 08:56:12 am »

I'd like to stick to 7 to begin with, for authenticity, but mostly just to keep things simple.

I'd quite like it if this was played by DF rules as they stand now, although I could always 'force' the odd immigration wave at weird times.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 09:05:24 am »

Sure do want in.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 09:13:17 am »

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 01:53:19 pm »

Suddenly, a glimmer in Urists eye as he looked up. There was something on the other side of the road. He knew that shape, he could recognize it from a mile away. Hell, he could smell it. The screams and shouts of his kinsmen seemed to fade away as he stood up. Dwarves running in the opposite direction did not phase him. He shot off in a sprint towards it, the rythmic pounding of his boots on the dry ground filled his thick head. Beyond, a vile host neared. Their eyes wide in confusion at the dwarf that charged towards them. "Was he a champion?", the goblins chattered amongst themselves nervously.

Urist made it across the road. Panting heavilly, he reached down and carefully lifted something from the ground. He felt warmth, and fuzzy joy in his heart. Then he felt the cold iron of a goblin bolt breaking through his rib-cage, impaling his heart, lungs, liver and left ear.

--

This is a engraving of a dwarf. The dwarf is in a fetal position. The dwarf is raising a pig tail sock.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 05:18:54 pm by FaultyLogic »
"It's unpossible!"

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 01:31:08 pm »

Guess it died
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 03:01:34 pm »

In case it didn't I signed up and added my dwarf to the mix.

Muahaha.

I think we only need two more.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 05:13:24 pm »

Funnily enough, I've been pondering how .40d's combat mechanics might translate to P&P.

Colour me interested, but not quite enough to set up an account over there just for the one thread; maybe if you host one on here?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!
Pages: [1] 2