Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Finehelm-Community Fortress(Its stuck in my head like a bad song.)  (Read 6652 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Finehelm -Community Fortress
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 08:12:31 pm »

Never too late to join, you and Clonker will be in at the first Immigrant wave, I guess ill type up the first season today....And let me mention the site is a doozy...
Dermon, if this makes you feel any better you lasted the longest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st of granite, 87
       We have arrived at the site that is to be our home for the rest of our lives. The earth oozes evil, you can feel the utter malignancy toward you being here. I hope that the deeper earth is kinder then the surface.

19Th of slate, 87
     I hate this place with all my heart.The nights brung demon beasts from the river and ponds that surround us.
Nanothnir, Flint and Dermon started fighting back while I tried to coax Fin to dig us out a hole in which to take cover, but he ran with fear and was set upon by the horde of skeletal carp, gar and sea lampreys.
We also lost Dermon and Nanothnir to the hordes. I seized a pick and joined the survivors in mopping up the rest of carp on this side of the river.After I was done with that I rushed and started digging out a small bunker for us to use.While I was doing that Buba was attacked by another carp this time it was fatal.

20Th of slate, 87
     We installed doors on the front of our little bunker. Hopefully they will keep us safe from the hordes of beasts that surround us. I had to console young Flint, for he has not seen the horrors of war, besides finishing off a goblin band who tried to break our defenses at the mountain home.We have lost four of our number and I will always blame the nobility of the old home for their deaths.

27Th of slate, 87
      I mined out a small area to grow food in. Me and Labs began farming some basic food to keep ourselves alive.
     Labs remains calm and collected about the deaths of the others. He called Flint and I his only friends.
    Flint has calmed down, even though he lost four of his friends.
I am not holding out as good as my friends. My anger is getting worse and I've taking to mining out vast areas to try and relieve the anger.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 08:37:06 pm »

/sigh, my curse continues.

just... just give me a drawf in the next immagrant wave, long lost male twin or some such.

on a side note, my curse is that in every fort i have ever been in except niltosed, i have either been really badly wounded or dead. even when im a goddang SOAPMAKER.

Edit: and im a SPEARdwarf in niltosed too!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:40:54 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 08:48:01 pm »

How come everyone gets my name wrong? Ah well, that's why I just take the first part of my name for dorfings.

Now let's just hope the first immigrant wave doesn't die in a wave of RNG assholery, because that'd be a bit too quick for me oO
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 09:00:40 pm »

Sorry it just sounds like Clonker to me and okay to Dermonster.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 09:50:16 pm »

Heh, wow, big losses already.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 04:18:22 pm »

((I had to turn my fps down.That battle went by to quick, if it didnt i would have gave more details.Sorry bout that and you want to know something funny? All the characthers I needed survived.))
     1st felsite, 87
I'm beginning to worry about how much lumber we have.We have non to make barrels or traps and im debating whetehr to send Labs with Flint to gaurd him. In other news we plowed up the two fields I designated.'

5th felsite, 87
I started mining a staircase downward and I promptly struck bloodstone. Im going to use the claystone to set the foundations for my project.

6th felsite, 87
Just struck Limonite. The iron ore fills my weary soul with hope about the future of this outpost.

19th felsite, 87
Struck white chaceldony. Labs just started planting seeds and Flint is sitting around looking bored.

23rd felsite, 87
Struck hematite.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 08:59:47 pm by filiusenox »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 09:41:35 pm »

Place:???
Before Intelligent life began

The air shimmered and a figure clothed in black robe appeared. He walked into the woods, his midnight black eyes glanced at the dieing trees and he frowned.

"Brother Life, come out and speak with me..." the Black Robed Man voice was like the voices of everything that has ever died or will die.
       "No Brother Death,I will not let you destroy my experiment."this voice sounded like the wind in the leaves and the sound of the grass growing.
     "Brother, what you are doing here is destroying the balance." shouted out Death as he stepped over a fallen branch. He was heading toward a clearing in the woods when suddenly he heard the gurgling of a dieing beast. He glance over toward a pond and looked in.
  In the pond was a drowning Rabbit,it was being ripped apart by a Carp who looked hungry. Death reached down into the pool and touched the Rabbit.
Nothing happened, besides the bunny getting horribly mauled by the Carp, who seemed confused that its prey was putting up this much of a fight. The water went red with blood as the Rabbit bit into the Carp and ripped the Carp's eye out.
        "Brother,Why do you torture the beasts so?" called out Death."Death is a release not a punishment. Release these beasts from your curse! What you are doing is creating abominations." yelled out Death, beseeching his brother to stop the madness.
       "Your just mad that the beasts cannot be in your icy grip! I know what the feeling of death is and it is not a release! It the misery of not being breathing, of not being able to love or create. Your time of ruling is over brother, I shall create a new world, one without death!" screamed out Life, suddenly appearing before his brother.
       "Brother come to your senses! Please I implore you, nay, I beg you!" begged Death glancing at his brother.Suddenly Life struck him in the face.
        "If my creations shall not have life then neither shall you!" yelled Life at his brother. Death's pale skin suddenly clung to his face, his hair usually raven black turned white and fell off all together, his breathing faltered and stopped and his skin fell off. Death, now all bone and no blood or flesh grew, angry at his brother.
         Death pulled The Blade Of Ending out of its sheath and chopped off Life's legs in his anger. Life fell to the ground and his godly blood fell to the earth.Soaking in.
     "Where your blood is spilt so shall your soul and body remain.Till the balance is restored."  Cursed Death and he left the forest never to return to bring beings mercy and a ending to pain. But before he did, he named the unnamed forest the Limp Fields.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of writing. Constructive Criticism is appreciated
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:43:22 pm by filiusenox »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 10:10:40 pm »

I like it. Reminds me of a book I once read.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 12:36:08 am »

"Alas, young Fin, it was not your finest hour." just give me a random peasent in the next immigrant wave. would like him/her becoming a soldier.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 08:56:00 pm »

Damnit.I hate this place, a single skeletal sturgeon killed both Flint and Labs and I had to savescum and I hate doing that. >:(
         4th of hematite, 87
I have decided to send out Flint and Labs to clear the immedite vicinity so the project can start up.Gods, I hope neither of them get hurt.

10th of hematite, 87
Thankfully neither of them are injured yet.

11th of hematite, 87
Flint gave me a scare today, he stood right by the river for a whole night, looking in. I swear I could hear him screaming but I couldnt see and I couldnt help him myself due to the fact that if I did I would probley get dragged in with him. In the morning he came in and started picking a few plump helmets that have been growing. He had not a single injury but after that day he talked only when nessecary, before it he was a absolute jabberjaw. Labs is more reserved then usual and im so angery about my life. Im so angery about the fact that I couldnt save them. They were good Dwarves.I can still hear their cries for help and in the end Nanothnir's cry for death.I can still see her face as the carp ripped into her throat.I hope for their soul's sake that they are released from this cursed earth.

12th hematite, 87
I have started patrolling while Flint harvests the helmets. Its really queit.

14th hematite, 87
Lab's legs have been ripped off by a skeletal sturgeon. He isnt screaming in pain like a normal dwarf, but rather looking depressed.He quickly passed out.I quickly ordered Flint to build a bed and a bucket.

18th hematite, 87
Lab's wounds have clotted up and Flint has made a bed and a bucket. I was just checking in on the bed moving when my legs stopped moving, I guess that back injury was badder then I first thought. Flint drug me to the first bed and started making another. It all relies on Flint to carry this fortress till somebody comes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damnit. Flint your the only uninjured member.

Edit: sorry about that, my head hurt and I wasnt paying attention.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 10:07:38 am by filiusenox »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 09:25:10 pm »

18th hematite, 87
Labs w
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:39:30 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 01:46:49 pm »

Yay! Legless dorf!

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 09:59:20 pm »

wait....wasnt he an elf???
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 02:32:21 pm »

2nd malachite, 87
Flint has picked up a pick and started mining. Hes hoping it will make him stronger so he can fight the demons that have brought this young fortress to its knees. He has also started work on the project.I hope he does okay without me planning it as we go.

12th malachite, 87
Flint has made five wooden shields and I estimate the cost to be around 15* a piece or 75 for the whole lot.
The goblins amassed on the plains below the mountain home. The rancid smell of their flesh was enough to make a weak dwarf hurl up his breakfast.But not Fil, he had smelled the rancid boar fat, that goblins use to grease weapons and poison enemies, many times before. He shivered in his steel armor and slipped on his lead/iron alloy gloves on. He walked down and stood in front of his squad.
     "My brethren, we stand here because goblins once again are trying to break our defenses. Most of you will come out of this alive and whole, but some of you may not.Let it be shown that we once again are fighting to preserve our kingdom and traditions. May Death stay his sword for the Ironfists!" proclaimed Fil, his voice was courageous and hopeful.
         The squad behind him chanted the last words of the speech. A broad smile was on most of their faces.They charged out of the gate, not knowing that only four out of the twenty would survive.
       They rushed toward the enemy lines and smashed into it. Goblin armor cracked under the heavy iron fists of the Dwarves. Finally the battle was at a end and Fil stood there surveying the scene with pride.
      "Good job, now lets get back to the fort for a few pints.The first round i-" Fil was cut short as a carefully guided arrow slid into a crack of his armor. It found his heart. Fil collapsed as his lifeblood spilled out of him.
          But Death didn't take him.The Elven war party had wiped out sixteen of his best soldiers, including his wife and son.Fil survived the battle but was discharged from the military.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 05:43:38 pm »

Ugh.Sorry about last post I had a really bad headache.
  11th limestone, 87
Thank the gods. My legs are no longer lame.I can walk and I can mine, I'm gonna start work on the project once I give some water to Labs. Hes still resting.

12th limestone, 87
Flint has stopped mining and went back to growing plump helmets.

15th limestone, 87
We heard some shouts from above and realized its merchants wanting into the fortress. The first level of the project is complete as is the entrance to it.

2nd sandstone, 87
We are finnally are done with trading. So all my work is going into mining.Flint is going to try his hand at brewing.This project is the only thing sustaining me.

14th sandstone, 87
The merchants left.Some wierdo is following me around asking me for a audience.Might as well talk to him, on second thought, scratch that last part.

28th sandstone, 87
Some morons actually showed up to live here.TO LIVE HERE.Although we do need some more hands to help out around the fort we have little food.
Names follow:
Sodel Twistedboot (farmer)
Juilus Boltcloisters (Miltary)
Moral Silverpaddels (wood cutter)
Lorbam Leguepaged (farmer)
Dermonsta Basementmoral (any relation to Derm?)(..)
Thob Strongarm(realname???)(...)
Mestthos Mansionshower (Miltary)
Olin Tradedpass (that worrys me...)(farmer)
Oddom Dikecrowds (Miltary)

Dermonsta sprinted pass the rest of the migrant dwarves, he was eager to see his sister again. They were always close, both of them always wanted to help build a fort. Dermon signed up first and Dermonsta was just about to when somebody grabbed him by the beard and mugged him and signed up in his place. He raged for days when he discovered that the wagon left before he had a chance to say goodbye to his sister.
        Now he was gonna be able to see his sister again.He smiled as he ran into the tunnel which lead to the fortress.But suddenly a broad shouldered dwarf tripped him.
            "Why in the Smith's holy name did you do that." asked Dermonsta getting up.
             "We have to make sure they know we are Dwarves and we have to know if they are Dwarves." replied Strongarm the blacksmith that came with them. He pulled a small anvil out of the pocket of his coat and tapped on it eight times, producing a ringing series of taps.The other end of the cavern responded with the same noise.The party of migrants walked in. When suddenly a grizzled figure appeared. Dermonsta instinctively punched but Fil grabbed his hand and had him on the ground within five seconds.
           "Why the hell have you come here?" Fil asked with scorn in his voice, looking at the group huddled behind Strongarm.
           "For the promise of a better life." responded Strongarm staring at the grizzled form of Fil with a puzzled look on his face.
           "It might be better but it wont last very long." responded Fil as he pulled a Overseer's book out of his coat pocket and turned to the first few pages. "These are the names of all who died: Fin, Buba, Nanothnir and Dermon." read Fil out loud.
           Suddenly there was a scream of anguish and Dermonsta had to be restrained a few minutes after his suicidal rage ended.
       "What did it?" he asked suddenly, his voice cracking with anger and misery.
        "Those skeletal fish.She fought the longest and died the quickest if its any consolation." responded Fil looking at the young dwarf.
              "They will die..." breathed out Dermonsta, "Even if it takes my final breath to complete it, this I swear: on Life, on Death, on the Smith and on War."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:45:16 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5