Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Finehelm-Community Fortress(Its stuck in my head like a bad song.)  (Read 6648 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Finehelm -Community Fortress
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2010, 10:25:10 pm »

16th timber, 87
I have been getting rather strange ideas lately for the future of this fort. Khameo has been drafted to mine with me, Strongarm-the limey bastard-rejected the idea, stating that the fortress needed Khameo to start producing metals. We asked Khameo to pick and like a moth to a flame he picked to do what I said. Strongarm even had the arrogance to ask Khameo why he didn't pick him. Khameo then gave the most known insult to dwarf kind, he dropped all but his third finger.

18th timber, 87
Khameo got to work while I wrapped up the meeting with the loon.

19th timber, 87
Started mining again. It feels good to work with somebody again.

23rd timber, 87
Khameo and I finished mining out a refuse stockpile. I also ordered a mason workshop built as well as a bone crafter’s place. I finally told somebody to go make mechanisms for traps, think he called himself Overlord. I also forgot to mention that Lorbam Leaguepaged volunteered to turn a few bones and some skulls into trading items.

25th timber, 87
I ordered thirty mechanisms built and three pairs of bone leggings.

5th moonstone, 87
Only one pair of leggings could be made due to lack of bones. Lorbam the Woodcrafter turned Bone crafter is now trying to turn leather into good armor.

8th moonstone, 87
Flint has finally built the Mason's workstation.

9th moonstone, 87
Strongarm has been complaining about needing an area to count stuff in. I was about to tell him where he could shove his complaints when he pulled out a slip of paper and wrote something. He then handed the form to me. It was a acquisition form for a office, it was signed by the damned duke! Here the little punk was holding a freaking blank acquisition form, he could have written anything on it, and he uses it to request a office. How in hell did a bank employee get one of them? I promptly emptied out a broom closet and gave it to him; with a seat a table and a door added on of course.

10th moonstone, 87
I ordered three sets of leather body armor made.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2010, 01:39:48 am »

I STILL DON'T SEE ME. D=

And you can call me "Nobbins". After some consideration, I decided it sounded more dwarvenly. And your writing is pretty good, but I sorta forgot about the Stories board. =[
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2010, 07:06:10 pm »

Spoiler: Nobbin's profile (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Julius's profile (click to show/hide)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
12th moonstone, 87
I ordered some drinks to be made, i'm also making plans to turn all these gems we have been finding into something of high value.

14th moonstone, 87
Sodel Gimcog has started brewing those drinks.Not much is happening...

19th moonstone, 87
A Butchery and Tanning area has been built in the workshops;Lorbam has been set to work there.

21 moonstone, 87
Nobbins has taken up gem cutting due to the fact he cannot leave the fortress.He has alot of work ahead of him cutting the following gems: Moss Opals, White Chalcedonies, Averturines, and Levin Opals.

28th moonstone, 87
Khameo is considered a Miner now, instead of a Smith turned Miner.Overlord has become a Mechanic.Food stockpiles are in the 60?'s and booze is in the 70?'s.

1st opal, 87
Completed the rough part of the project, now all Khameo and I have to do is smooth it all down.Oh god my hands just started hurting...

6th opal, 87
I now fear that we will lose another from our expeditoin.The well has run dry.Should try to get to the river and mine a channel to the well? I unfortunatly beilive I must.May the Smith perserve me and Death not smite me.

11th opal, 87
Julius has been struck down by a skeletal sturgeon.The plan failed horribly.Labs is more injured then before.We lost our only bucket forcing us to use to last peice of wood.

26th opal, 87
I ordered more food to be grown and went back to smoothing stone.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 01:09:52 pm »

i want a miner. named scuubs. male plz. if female. scubina :)

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 05:55:19 pm »

Can I be dwarf-ified please?

Name: Phil(are you changing their names?)
profession:Bartender(if using custom professions)
jobs: brewing
he came from the mountainhomes because they didn't appreciate the GENIUS that was his beer.
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 06:54:54 pm »

Pretty awesome. You should write a more story-esque form every now and then.
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2010, 06:10:48 pm »

Book: The Book Of The Smith
Chapter: Two, The Origin Of The Smith and Of The Dwarves

There once was a boy, his name was Valdesmitha. The boy was born to a poor family in another universe and in another age. At an early age he wandered to the blacksmith's workshop and watched the Blacksmith create items from metal and fire and Valde's interest was peaked.
Soon a corrupt king came to power, but he was weak and ill suited to lead. An old legend arose that a Master Smith could make a blade to kill even the gods in the heavens, and the King jumped on this chance, he demanded every smith to attend and attempt to craft this sword. Every smith failed except for one who was to try to craft it last, but alas the blade did not work and the smith was to be killed. But then Valde broke into the castle and offered The Sword Of Death to the King in return for the life of his master. The King took it and allowed Valde and the Smith to leave, but Valde and the Smith where killed on the road, by the kings orders.

Valdesmitha awoke and saw underneath him a great world, untouched by war or by the sins of any gods. Soon he realized he was not alone but rather their was three other entities, whose power matched his own. He avoided these gods and instead made a smithy under a great volcano that was in the center of the land. Their he relaxed until the four other gods sought him out. Life, Death, and War all came to the Smith and asked him for a gift, and in return Life would create a race in his image, Death would never touch these people, and war would grant them a great idea that other races would not have. The Smith agreed.
For Life he created a spear with a haft of all wood with a steel tip, where ever life stuck this spear a great forest would flow fourth.
For War he created a set of armor, that would prevent him from getting wounded.
For Death he created a blade that could kill even a god.

Life then created the Subhabito(The Dwarves name for themselves.), Death gave them eternal life and war told them how to build great impenetrable fortresses. Even though all the Gods granted them boons, they only worshipped the Smith but they respected all other Gods.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2010, 08:33:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((sorry Phil only females. Next migrant wave or a female your choice. I also turned up the fps.))
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
7th obsidian, 87
Its been a while since I wrote, but I have to record that food supplies have dropped and we cannot grow anymore plump helmets until spring.

9th obsidian, 87
I have ordered all idlers to begin smoothing stone.

25th obsidian, 87
We are making great time with the smoothing. We are currently working on the second level.

1st granite, 88
Spring has arrived and will bring those pansy Elves to our gates. In other news I have ordered some food to be grown.

14th granite, 88
We have received gifts from the Elves and then they had to leave to deliver some crappy bins to the Humans.

27th granite, 88
We have completed the smoothing of project #1 and i am beginning work on project #2's main road.

4th slate, 88
Flint and Lorbam Leaguepaged have married, I wished them luck in the horrible expedition that is marriage.

14th slate, 88
I have become legendary among our fortress for my mining ability.

23rd slate, 88
Lorbam started construction on a drawbridge for our fortress.

4th felsite, 88
Some more Dwarves have shown up to live in this hellhole. I didn't ask them for their info, but i know a gem setter, miner, a hunter, as well as quite a few more peasants have shown up. Our population is up to 38 dwarves.

19th felsite, 88
We have found some sapphires.

11th hematite, 88
I have not written in this book for a while, but all is doing well. The work on the project is going at a 220% better rate. It feels as though some magic has settled on my bones and making me work much more faster then i would have originally.

3rd malachite, 88
We are caving in the section as I write, I pray that all make it out.

8th malachite, 88
Labs has went melonchy.

5th galena, 88
Kivish Udistkosoth has withdrawn from society and claimed a crafts dwarf shop. He claimed one piece of wood and began to work. Eventually creating a toy axe.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2010, 07:51:07 pm »

Time:34 AC
Place: Birthsteel (first mountainhome)

Standing in the great hall the last of the Dwarven rebels fought for their lives, even though each knew that they would be dead within the day if not the hour. Every dwarf was crushed by hopelessness but they battled on with the steadfastness known only to dwarves. They looked to their leader, the great smith and hammer-dwarf known only as Smashhelm. Within his steel grasp was a great hammer-forged long ago by the first dwarves out of meteoric iron- his arms swung back and forth as if he was crafting a beautiful work of art, to some he was. It would be much more beautiful if the work of art wasn’t made from the pulverized heads of Dwarven and goblin mercenaries, but that was some one's opinion who managed to survive his flurry of hammers or the ravenous band of goblins with their troll slaves.
    The war bands of goblins where being reinforced constantly and the brave rebel souls where losing more numbers constantly. The thirty original souls dropped down to twenty-five then to nineteen then to ten now only three remained. After another four hours of battle Smashhelm remained. The goblin archers scored several hits upon him but still he stayed up, breaking more faces in. At last he was bleeding from twenty-seven wounds with sixteen arrows sticking out of his body, one of which took out both of his eyes. He gave one last war cry and charged at a pillar the goblins-surprised yes-backed off and laughed as he raged against the beautifully carved support. When they finally realized what he was doing, it was to late. The entire pillar collapsed taking the first mountainhome with it,  killing all the goblins within and weakening the force of the Goblins for many years to come. The last thing that passed through Smashhelm’s mind before Death reaped his soul was if his family escaped.

The reason why for the civil war was the great  king Stoneaxe. The king  had a set of twins born to him, the first was Nil Fairbeard, a beautiful blond dwarf who quickly attracted the attention of a great smith. The second was Urist Coldblood, a hotheaded  warrior who was forced to marry the goblin queen, a particularly old specimen.
   Nil was known to be pregnant long before the Goblin Queen, but that didn’t stop Coldblood and the queen from trying to claim the reigns of kingship when suddenly the goblin queen became pregnant. The loyalists rejected being ruled by a half goblin, the peaceful (ish) discussions of the dwarves turned into a great war in which Goblins, Loyalist Dwarves and the Army where all in competition to put their chosen ruler on the throne. The battle destroyed the Goblin magic’s, which kept them as beautiful as the elves, and the Dwarves lost the knowledge of great fortress building. The war was known as the Coldblooded conflict, due to the torture and execution of thousands of loyalist Dwarves.
   Nil and her child Led where known to have escaped with a band of Dwarven Loyalists, but it is not known if she died in the wilderness or not.
   Coldblood murdered his wife and his child and took over the throne, he also created another fortress south  of the original mountainhome.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2010, 06:55:29 pm »

9th obsiden, 88
It seems like me and my fellows have had a strange sort of mood fall over us, we stand in our great artwork amazed at the hugeness of the cavern we had dug and smoothed.Several of our freinds, the one who did not have nicknames seemed to have died of starvation.
Me and my freinds are hungry and thirst for the "great" taste of plump helmet and Dwarven wine.
The underground cavern is around 400 Meters by 500 meters.It is fully smoothed and looks Wonderful.

((NECRO-DIE-MORTIA!!!
After a breif time of having a great social life I decided to start writing on this story again, simply becuase I CANNOT get out of my head.Post your name and profession if your still interested in this, if you dont ill just say you died.))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2010, 07:45:28 pm »

Labs had been in pain for what felt like decades ,suddenly in what felt like night in this gods-forsaken hole a soft and melodious voice spoke to him in his sleep.
   “Hello little stone-kin stop the sobbing that I can hear inside you. Drink this it will relieve that horrible little pain.”
   A clay drinking vessel was pressed to his lips and a syrupy liquid flowed down his throat. It tasted bitter. His pain left him rather quickly.
   “Poor stone-kin that should help, but unfortunately my treatment is not free. The first dose is free however.”
   “What do you do want? Gold?”
“I have no use for gold… I want your loyalty and obedience.”
   “…fine..”
“Good, when you wake up tomorrow build this and attach it to those poor stumps of yours.” and with a crack of joints and the swish of a cloak the voice left.
Silence followed as Labs drifted into a deep dreamless sleep.
                                              *                 *                  *
   Fil awoke from  his restless sleep. His knife’s hilt was under the pile of leather and cloth he used as a pillow. He grabbed it and sat there squinting into the darkness of the cave. He was remembering his dreams. Both of them.
   The first one was when he and his friends searched through the ruins of a Glont Fortress for the great ClashBite Blade.
   The second was different. It occurred in a different land, or so it seemed. A great temple stood before it was cast down by a young man with fiery red hair and dark eyes using....magic.
   But the shape of it seemed to be blazoned upon his memory. The thirteen walls, the razor sharp spikes that lead up and down them and its top, which was a massive sacrificial altar.
   Fil tried his hardest to forget, but it stayed with him.
“Dreaming of other worlds then this…” Fil couldn’t tell if he, his mind, or something far more ominous had said it. He finally sunk into a restless sleep.
“Dreaming of other worlds then this like a good little pawn.”

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 07:27:51 pm »

Feedback would be nice, ill post the another page up tommorow if ONE FREKKIN PERSON says something.
You dont have to post your name or anything.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:30:09 pm by filiusenox »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Finehelm -Community Fortress(POST SOMETHING Please)
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2010, 07:43:27 pm »

Bluh Bluh *generic praise* *Whining about the lack of combat* *Excetera Excetera* Good job and keep it up.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2010, 06:45:50 pm »

Hey, I remember this. Nice to know it's still alive.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2010, 08:55:17 pm »

"Ello Fil, sir!” a particularly quirky looking dwarf exclaimed as he jumped out in front of Fil-who was looking at a blueprint for something-from a corridor and dodged a knife that Fil hastily threw.
         “That’s my name and who the hell are you?” Fil glancing up from his blueprints.
   “Phil.”
   “Yes I am, now who are you?”
   “Phil.”
   “That’s my name don’t wear it out, now who are you?”
   “Phil!”
   “OKAY, YOU LITTLE PUNK TELL ME YOUR NAME OUR ILL SHOVE THIS KNIFE SOMEWHERE WHERE THE SUN DON’T SHINE!” screamed Fil dropping his blueprints and pulling a knife out of his belt as well as picking up the offending dwarf by his shirt collar all in the same motion which is incredibly great thing for a dwarf to do, simply because a normal dwarf can’t chew Cinnabar Gum and walk at the same time or even read without moving his lips.
   “Phil, spelled P-H-I-L.”
   “That spells Pill.”
   “The H isn’t silent.”
   “Oh, sorry about that then.” Fil said dropping the dwarf to his feet.
   “Its all right. I’m sorry for scaring you.”
   “You didn’t scare me.”
   “Yes I did.”
   “No you didn’t.”
   “You yelped.”
   “In anger.”
   “In fear more like.”
   “I’m going to stab you  in anger if you keep saying that.”
   “Sorry.”
   “So what did you want anyway?”
   “I need a miner to make me a pub in Undertown.”
   “Undertown, you mean the big thing that me and my friends made?”
   “Yeah. I bought some land there and I need a great miner to dig it out. Ill let you sleep there and have free drinks if you do.”
   “Ask Khameo he’ll do it for you.”
   “But sir, I want you to do it, you’re the best miner this place has got and ill throw in an emerald if you do!”
   “That changes things. Where do you want it?”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year:19
Place: A swamp somewhere

“Ah here comes the rest of the party now.” a elderly looking human muttered as he noticed the band of Dwarves and Piretes.
   There was six in the group that walked towards them. Three of which where obviously Piretes(small, fierce thieves and pirates. Who lived on great city boats. A bit smaller then Dwarves.), two of the group where Dwarves and one….he was a bit taller then a dwarf but he had no beard but rather a bit of stubble.
But if that was not strange enough a pitch black cat with white eyes was perched on the Man’s shoulder and it looked at them all before going back to batting at the man’s hair.
   “There our leader now.” gesturing at the man, who grimaced and dropped to a knee. The cat as if on a sign jumped down onto the peaty ground. The man stood back up and gestured at the cat. The man pulled some large clothes out of his pack and dropped them near the cat. Which was growing and losing fur at a monumental rate, until it grew into a large man, who quickly picked up his clothes and slid them on.
   “Thank you Fil for remembering the clothes this time.” the man said looking back at the Shaven Dwarf known as Fil.
   “Your welcome Night.” Fil muttered in response before looking at the man with white eyes, a bit defiantly.
   “I am the god of Night and I am going to help you find the blade of the Glonk Necromancer king.”
   Ocade stared at the God impassively with a smile on his face. “What is in it for you and the dwarves?”
   “The Piretes will get jewels, the dwarves Cosmic Iron, the human will have more necromantic knowledge then any before him, Fil will get his beard back and  me…I’m just playing my part in a old poem that I read, written by someone that you remind me of.” Night said evasively.
   “Poem…Your not talking about the one Loki was forced to write, right?” Ocade asked looking at the minor God quizzically.
   “Yes, the Chained Prophecy of Loki the Fiery Ice.”
   “That’s nonsense, its incredibly hard to decipher, even for a god.”
   “Trust me, you’ll regain your kingdom and you’ll be the most powerful Elven  King to exist. So shut up and listen.”

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:21:02 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5