Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Finehelm-Community Fortress(Its stuck in my head like a bad song.)  (Read 6646 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Finehelm -Community Fortress
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 06:21:41 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 08:50:42 pm »

Can I be Moral Silverpaddels? Just say the other immigrants usually call him Bio.
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 06:43:44 pm »

preffing axe on my military dwarf but just let me know which he is plz  ;D
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 10:59:11 pm »

Requesting a dwarfing:

Name: Overlord
Skills: none (peasant hauler)

When my dwarf arrives, I'd like to set up a personal commentary of the events occurring in the fortress, from the perspective of a skill-less, uneducated peasant with delusions of grandeur, who plots a proletariat revolution (don't worry. he won't ever actually accomplish it. He'd probably just complain about the economy before getting killed by demons or something.)

At least, if that's cool with everyone.

EDIT to fix typos... Curse this written language, and its lack of telepathic influence.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:05:14 pm by Urist McOverlord »
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Khamero

• Bay Watcher
  • Bronzebeard - Master of arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 06:38:32 am »

Requesting to be dorfed!

Name: Khamero
Skills: weapon or armorsmith!
Each time a dwarf dies wearing one of his armors or wielding one of his weapons he will be very badly distressed and set off to make more, better, fasterSTRONGER...
Yea, you get the point, right?  :D
You might think that this is some sort of trap. That I’m using you as bait to lure in your friends. I’m not. I just enjoy torturing innocent, young girls.

I know it’s sick. But everyone needs a hobby.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 08:44:31 pm »

Overlord heart raced with excitement when he first heard he was going to a new, untainted fortress. The nobles at his old Home where angery when they had heard that he was slipping through their clutches, atleast he thought they were.(They actully where happy to have the idiot out of thier fortress.)
      He had followed the orders of that facist Strongarm until he arrived at the fortress.There his settlement paper must be checked.This would be great, except for the fact it was Fil who was doing the checking.
            "Here you are, you facist pig-dog." said Overlord with a cheeky smile on his face as he handed the papers to Fil
              "What the hell did you just call me?" asked Fil, whose eyes narrowed at the cheeky little punk.
             "A facist pig-dog."
               "You did'nt just call me that."
              "Yes I did?"
Fil promptly responded by punching Overlord in the face.Overlord, who had a big black eye looked suddenly terrified.
          "You cant do this to me! Im a citzen of Busttall!"
          "Martial law.Now did you call me a facist pig-dog?"
            "Yes?" Fil responded to this by punching Overlord again.
             "Did you call me a facist pig-dog?"
              "No sir."
             "Better."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 01:03:29 am »

Out of Character:

I love this fortress.

In Character:
"Damn Fascists..."
WHAM!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 08:42:28 pm »

((Since I am playing a new mod of mine, i will not update this thread with Fil's log, instead, i will update with Khameo's char.))

Fil was checking the papers of the idjits who came to this fortress, his eyes scanned the papers and pressed the seal of the Outpost manager onto the assorted papers.Suddenly there was a yell,
    "I AM SO HAPPY TO ARRIVE HERE!"

Fil looked at the Dwarf in front of him, he was smiling, but it was a strange smile, one that said I want to strangle you while you sleep or I want to see how good you would burn (Which if your a dwarf it's very good.Not as in i'll be fine type of way but as in walking gasoline holder way.)

"Errm...Why?" asked Fil eyeing the Maniac Dwarf warily.
  "METAL IS HERE." shouted the derranged dwarf.
"Yes...But metal is elsewhere too?"
  "BUT OTHER PLACES WON'T LET ME IN."
"Why's that?"
  "I TRIPPED A NOBLE AND HE FLEW INTO A MAGMA FURNACE."
"On purpose?"
  "HE HAD MY HEAD HURT BAD BY BIG GUY WITH HAMMER."
"Why werent you killed by the gaurd?"

The Dwarf pulled out a strange metal sqaure, he then flipped the top open and turned a wheel, suddenly their was a spark and then up from a small spout on the top fire sprang out.Ready to burn, ready to kill.

"Clever."
  "THANK YOU."
"So what's your name?"
  "KHAMERO, THE BURNER OF LARGE FORTRESSES."
"Try to keep that to a minumum here please."
  "OKAY, THEY TOOK AWAY MY FIRE GUN ANYWAY."
"Who took away your...er...Fire gun?"
  "STRONGARM."
"Huh, okay." Fil promptly stamped the piece of slightly charred paper Khamero gave to him and then handed it back.

Finally when the day was winding down to its end and the line ended with a strong looking Dwarf.
"Name?" asked Fil glancing at the Dwarf.
  "Strongarm, and thats all you need to know."
"I actully need to know alot more to let you in, but since we are running short of Workers ill let you in."
   "I am here from the Bank Of Bloodsword to set up a branch here."
"There are alot of branches outside, you can set one up and leave, simply becuase I know your type."
   "What type is that?"
"Noble spawn.Wanting to get the first profits of a fledging fortress."
   "Im to be your broker." Strongarm pulled a piece of paper, seemlingly out of now where, and handed it to Fil, who's eye's scanned the scrap of paper-little more then a hide- and then handed it back to Strongarm.Fil's hand balled and shook with rage.

"Im gonna make your stay here hell, Strongarm."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 09:37:40 pm »

The steady clinking of the copper pick mixed with the breathing of Fil as he mined and for once since arriving at this hellhole he felt at peace, relaxed even. Suddenly the gentle pad of a thick leather boot walking on stone jolted him out of his thoughts. Suddenly there was a whistling of air and suddenly Fil's pick was knocked out of his hand. Fil's long dormant soldier's instincts kicked in. The next thing Fil he was running toward the Main Staircase, chasing down the person who dared tried to kill him.His boots pounded on the staircase and before he knew it, he was outside the fortress running out into the woods chasing his assailant, when suddenly he heard a bird and turned his attention away from his path, and just as suddenly he brained himself on a tree.Hazy darkness overtook him and he lied there.

Fil awoke to find a blade being pressed into the flesh of his neck.
"You scream you die." hissed a voice filled full of malice and anger. What Fil saw filled him with nausea. In front of him was a being that was tall as an Elf but horribly shaped, changing its gruesome form every second, its breathing also changed, from an almost inaudible his to a breath that blew leaves about.
    "I am Life, killer of death and future ruler of this place.Bow before me child of the Smith or I take all the life from you I can." muttered the beast, its words changing from fast to slow in seconds. Fil barely understood it all, but got down on one knee, and kept his head down. Unnoticed by Life a smiled adorned Fil's face. Life walked close and sniffed the air he then grinned and pulled a sword, glimmering with energy from out of no where. He swung it up and was about to bring it down when suddenly a knife ripped through a place where his heart should have been. Fil then stood up and smiled as he slid another knife out of his belt, this one he shoved straight into the brain pan of the writhing form of Life.

Suddenly the prone form of life dissipated into the air with a smell of brimstone. Fil sled the blades back into their holsters and walked back to the fortress his mind racing with the spectacle he just saw.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 08:29:31 pm »

((Why isn't anybody posting anymore? Does my writing suck that bad?))

Spoiler: Khameo's profile (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Overlord's Profile (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dermonsta (click to show/hide)
Juilus and Bio will be up next post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------5th of Timber, 87
I have been diggin' for a while and everytime I have struck a gem Strongarm has rushed down and examined it, and whenever I have struck metal Khameo has rushed down and shouted, "CAN I SMELT IT?"  I promptly shove it in is nose and say, "NOW YOU SMELT IT."

10th Timber, 87
A skeletal Groundhog broke down the door to the bunker and tried to attack several of the civilins. Dermonsta, showing bravery, attacked and killed it.I promptly ordered another door built.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 08:44:01 pm »

Yes your writing is horrible. it is a disgrace to writing everywhere. The Author of My Immortal would tear her eyes out at such awfulness [/sarcasm]

It is actually really great.

We just don't want to interrupt such a great narritive!

Also that sounds just like me.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 08:54:26 pm »

Solely out of curiosity, why was I drafted?
also, the writing is very nice. I think it was just the temporary lack of updates. Maybe.

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2010, 09:43:43 pm »

^^this^^ I just saw no reason to post cause i thought the project was on hold/abandoned
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2010, 09:45:13 pm »

Wait, do we have a solid military leader? I forgot >.<

If not, I SHALL BE THAT LEADER! MY HELM SHALL BE THE FINEST OF THEM ALL!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 10:00:48 pm »

((Your out of the Military.Sorry I left Dermonsta out and accidently put you in instead.Dermonsta is know leader of the sqaud.))
12th of Timber,87
The door has finally been installed and im currently mining on #1 project, Flint started growin' some more grub up. The punk Overlord is complaining about the quality of booze.I ordered a barracks built so those Dwarves that want to train, can.Dermonsta, due to the fact he killed a carp and made a helmet out of its fins he is now the Leader Of The Sqaud.

15th of Timber, 87
Damnit, I havent noticed but that loon, the Outpost Liason is still following me.Im gonna have to postpone work on the project until I can talk with this idjit.I told him I wanted Meat, Booze, Anvil and a few bars of Trifle Pewter.(you know, because of my leadership, I should get a gift...)

((Damnit, I gotta log and goto bed.Sorry more to come then.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5