Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Finehelm-Community Fortress(Its stuck in my head like a bad song.)  (Read 6647 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile

NEW FORTRESS TO GAURD THE PASS OF THE MOUNTAINHOME
Any body that wishs to earn gold,glory, and great booze, should sign up in the Dining hall right now! There is a chance to get all the things listed above and MORE. The first 4 to sign up shall get a free wagon ride to the luxuriosly beautiful site of the fortress Finehelm.
Warning the colonization department is not responsible for any death or dismemberment that occurs during your stay at Finehelm.Have a great day.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:21:24 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finehelm -Community Fortress
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 12:37:38 pm »

signing up. if your putting in custom jobs make me a miner/mason.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 04:34:42 pm »

sining up too.

Hammer/wrestler
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 07:56:14 pm »

I'll sign on. Woodcutter/Carpenter.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 07:59:06 pm »

Signed up: Siege Engineer/Swimmer.
Name: Buba

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 02:40:42 am »

Signing up
Name:Flint

Swords-dwarf/anything you need when he is off-duty.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 02:45:38 am »

Signed...
Name. Nanothnir.

Hunter/Mark-Hammerdwarf - Equip with Leather Armour and Buckler. Train with Hammers after hunting has dwindled...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:47:46 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 11:56:04 am »

I'm in.
Miner/Engraver

I hope I die a death in the HFS. Or siege. Or starvation. Or tantrum spiral. Or madness. Whatever. I hope my dorf dies because I'm going to be mentioned twice in the story then.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 12:11:10 pm »

The Sensual Swamps of Trust

"This looks like a nice place to settle." Announced Flint a young Swordsdwarf, he glanced at the Head of Colonization hopefully.
      "This ain't the place you guys are settling." Responded the Head of Colonization calmly, as he pulled a map out of his leather bag.
   He placed the inscribed Cow leather map on the ground and the group huddled around. He pointed to a place above some etched mountains.
      "We are in the Sensual Swamps of Trust." Explained the HoC. Three of the guys chuckled and glanced at the two female members of the group, Nanothnir promptly drew her hammer  and began sharpening one of the spikes on a stone, while Derm pulled the crude stone hammer out of its holster by her side and examined it.The snickering stopped pretty quick after that.
       "You will have to go here." The HoC, using his finger, pointed at a point of the map which everybody knew from the tales Grimbold.The Limp Fields.
        "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN  THE LIMP FIELDS?!?!?" Bellowed Fil suddenly angry, clenching his hands into fists as he walked towards the HoC.
         "Fil, sir, I'm sorry but we need that fortress built.Please don't kill me, sir." Pleaded the HoC his eyes getting wider and wetter, Fil sucked in a breath and unclenched his fists.
          "Your lucky I had to go anger management." muttered Fil under his breath as he turned away.
          "Lets get going. We need to get out of these fields by dawn." Commanded Fil, his voice booming over the soft green grass of the kind and forgiving fields.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:15:25 pm by filiusenox »

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 08:16:02 pm »

oops forgot a name... Blair if female Fin if male.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 03:14:18 am »

So Nanothnir is a Woodcutter huh???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 12:44:26 pm »

((Whoops. I put Axe instead of Spiked Hammer.))

Excerpt from the Tales Grimbold
Year 50
The Limp Fields:Fortress Aroliton.

Where was I? Oh yes. As I walked into the deep halls of the Fortress Aroliton, I noticed massive amounts of bones and blood, more then the usual fortress puts out. Now at this point I was nearing the dining hall when suddenly I heard a Dwarf yell out with rage. He rushed out of the dining hall toward me yelling, "THE WARMBANES WILL GET YOU!!!!".
        He rushed toward me and tried to get me in a stranglehold. I promptly stabbed my sword into his neck and severed his spinal column.Now I rushed  into the hall-right after picking up the looney's Giant Spider Silk Sock-and what I saw horrified me. There was a giant pile of bones, a massive cauldron bubbling with what looked like broth, and twenty cages all filled with the hollow husks of what looked like Dwarves, all twenty were drained of massive amounts of blood and seemingly unable to move.
        "I SHALL HAVE YOUR BLOOD, MY DEARIE." cackled a voice from the shadows on the other side of the room. The creature stepped forward, revealing a woman with a massive beak like nose and a blood-red robe. She charged, and for the first time I noticed her hands. Huge hands with curling talons, and in that instant I knew what she was. A harpy.
     She leaped into the air and the sound of opening wings broke the deathly silence of the hall. She set upon me and tried to scratch at my face, but her claws did not penetrate the strong steel of my helmet. I stabbed my sword upward into the air and connected with her leg. The screech almost blew out my eardrums but I continued to fight. She grabbed me by my armpits and pulled me upward, she then dropped me.
           I landed on my back, for a moment I was stunned and unable to move. She landed on top of me and pulled my helmet off. She cackled and in a swift movement she pecked out my eye. The pain was almost unbearable, but that shock is what saved me. In a second I lifted my sword and swung toward the foul beast's head, cleaving it from the body.
      I stood back up and ripped the Giant Cave Spider Silk sock in two. I used one piece to daub at the blood that came from my eye and I used the other to cover the gaping hole.Another screech broke the silence, I turned around and glanced at the prone body of the harpy. Then I realized that it came from the outside. Thinking quickly I ran and got the head of the harpy and threw it into the cauldron and hid. Just when I had hid the body of the first Harpy and found a place to hide, two even uglier Harpies flew in.
           "Sister 'o' Sister where art thou?!" screeched one, searching for her sister.
        "Out hunting, probably. Lets take our share of the broth and bones before she gets back and eats it all!" cackled one, grabbing two dwarven skulls and filling them full of the broth.The other followed suite and started slurping down the broth.One of them realized something after her third serving.
          "Does this broth taste different then the usual blood and bone broth we have?" she asked sniffing it gingerly.
          "Yes, has a bit to much smell of harpy in it. Darkcloud probably ate with her hands when she was sampling it." replied the other.
         "No a bit to much for that..." she paled after sniffing it again, "It HAS HARPY BLOOD IN IT!" she suddenly screamed.
       Her sister tried to make herself throw up but failed, eventually falling to the ground and struggling for breath as the poison blocked her lungs from getting air, as same thing was happening to the other. Eventually both died from asphyxiation.
         I quickly ran out of my hiding place and chopped off both of their heads and threw them into the boiling cauldron of the broth. I glanced at the Dwarves in the cages to see if I could do anything for them but I couldn't, their eyes were unfocused and unseeing. I tried to clean my sword in the ground, but the blood had imbibed it, and I knew in a instant, that even the slightest cut would eventually kill its victim.
           I walked out of the fortress with a heavy heart.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 02:11:43 pm »

Journal Of Fil Glazemuted

I have decided to do a brief profile of the unfortunate souls under my command.

Spoiler: "Buba" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Dermonster" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Fin" (click to show/hide)
Mine for the record.
Spoiler: "Fil" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Flint" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Labs" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Nanothnir" (click to show/hide)

We are nearing our destination and not a single death or injury. Currently the only creatures that we have encountered were a band of wolves, who were dieing by a large-perfectly bored by the way-hole in each of their heads. A puppy seems to have survived what happened, so now we have a dog.
        I hope we do not encounter what could do that to a band of wolves in the prime of their lives.We are approaching the site as I write although it will probably take another day before we arrive.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:13:57 pm by filiusenox »

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 04:39:33 pm »

Is it too late to sign up?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 07:31:45 pm »

sounds just like me.

but why in all of hell am i a girl in every fort im in?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5