Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Game Over! Mafia Win)  (Read 36920 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Day 1: Ready, Set...)
« Reply #150 on: January 01, 2010, 02:56:54 am »

Unvote Zai. This is such huge WIFOM.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 01, 2010, 03:04:03 am »

Can you please phrase your plan in 2-3 sentences?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 01, 2010, 07:14:16 am »

UnvoteZai... what in the name of God are you doing?  There really would be no need to pull such a ridiculous stunt as town.
I'm a townie; lynch someone else, probably a townie; random townie is NKed by Mafia.
Ugh, you've done nothing except come up with increasingly elaborate methods of WIFOMing.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2010, 07:57:19 am »

Funny how you ignored ExKirby's 4th (supposedly random) vote on Pandarsenic.
Also funny, how you apparently missed my post explaining why his vote was weird.
Scummy self preservation is scummy.
That was hardly a self-preservation act. I was merely pointing out how you dismissed EK of all scumminess and decided to get all aggro on me, for some reason.

I see two possible reasons:
  • You are scum and as such you don't care who gets lynched, just that it's a townie. You might have targeted me, because I'm new and speculated that I wouldn't properly defend myself and would say something stupid (again) that would get me wagon'd.
  • Seeing how you have just started playing, you could still be RVSing or scumhunting.

I will now compile ALL Leafsnail's posts, since the beginning of the game:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see, the first four (~60%) of his posts were just jumping from one person to another. On the fourth, he jumped on me again and that lasted for two posts. And now (7th and latest post) he jumped again to Zai.

Seriously, the tone of this post implies an attack on me, but there is none there.  How come? It seems like you're trying to see who you can lynch rather than who is scum.
No it's still not an attack on you. But you have raised suspicions now, Leafsnail.
Unlike you, I haven't been all over the place with my votes and have provided reasoning for them (it).
It's not over yet, but due to recent events I have to temporarily redirect focus elsewhere.

Now about the Zai situation...
His WIFOM-filled wall of text wreaks of scumminess. He saw we're getting on to him, so he quickly decided to change tactics and go all lawyer-y on us.
He wants to generate enough doubt to get himself cleared. I don't buy it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 01, 2010, 08:28:12 am »

Worth noting: He pointed out that "claiming that role makes it useless."

My guess is either he's:
1) Scum with that role not willing to risk giving his teammates away who has decided to make a spectacle of things so big it'll distract severely from anyone who isn't him
2) Scum without that role trying to draw out the player who has it, since (like he said) claiming that role severely weakens it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 01, 2010, 08:32:18 am »

Quote from: dorf
No it's still not an attack on you. But you have raised suspicions now, Leafsnail.
You go back through all the posts I've made on this thread and that's STILL all you've got (I'll ignore the counting error and bad maths)?  Jesus Christ.  I guess you just think Zai's an easier lynch for today, huh?  Why don't you spend the same amount of time and effort actually scumhunting rather than prodding vaguely at me?

Y'know what?  UnvoteDorf, Zai may be WIFOMing, but at least he's not blatantly pushing an easy lynch while attempting to prime another lynch for tomorrow.

You keep posting stuff about me - in fact, you seem to have spent almost all of your time on this game answering my questions.  Yet you haven't voted me or asked me any questions.  You haven't attempted to apply pressure in any way.  I think I know why - you don't need to find out if I'm scum because you already know I'm not.  Your only aim is to get me to stop being suspicious of you, and to push an easy lynch on Zai while trying to make me look scummy.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2010, 08:49:35 am »

Leafsnail, is there some reason you're getting so defensive about Zai? I'm rather curious.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 01, 2010, 08:55:03 am »

I'm not defending him.  The main thing I'm finding strange is that, even after a prolonged attack on me, Dorf asks me no questions and doesn't bother to pressure me in any way.  This is extremely scummy, so it looks like he's pushing an easy lynch/ bus on Zai.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 01, 2010, 09:02:03 am »

Vote Count

Apostolic Nihilist - eduren
eduren - JanusTwoface
Pandarsenic - ExKirby
Zai - Mr.Person, ToonyMan, dorf
dorf - Leafsnail
Leafsnail - Pandarsenic

Day will be extended for personal reasons. Day will end at 9 PM Central.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 01, 2010, 11:26:17 am »

Quote from: dorf
You go back through all the posts I've made on this thread and that's STILL all you've got (I'll ignore the counting error and bad maths)?  Jesus Christ.  I guess you just think Zai's an easier lynch for today, huh?  Why don't you spend the same amount of time and effort actually scumhunting rather than prodding vaguely at me?

Y'know what?  UnvoteDorf, Zai may be WIFOMing, but at least he's not blatantly pushing an easy lynch while attempting to prime another lynch for tomorrow.
I think you are overreacting. Seriously. You are getting all defensive, yet I haven't (as you pointed out) really gathered any proof, because, again, I haven't really attacked you.
I say "really", because I did put the FoS on you. But I didn't vote for you, because I didn't think you were scum. In my post I simply stated what I thought of your content, and how I interpreted it.
Yes, I've said you might be scum. But I also said you might not be. Hence, my uncertainty about you.

Zai's reaction was really weird and scum-like, you must admit that. I mean... why else would you vote for him, right?
UnvoteZai... what in the name of God are you doing?  There really would be no need to pull such a ridiculous stunt as town.
I'm a townie; lynch someone else, probably a townie; random townie is NKed by Mafia.
Ugh, you've done nothing except come up with increasingly elaborate methods of WIFOMing.
Heh, we even shared some of the suspicious things about his outbreak.

Though, your vote-change to me could mean some things too...
  • If you are scum, you will vote for a townie, any townie. This could mean that Zai is, in fact, a townie.
  • If you are town, you will (try to the best of your suspicions) vote for scum. This could mean that Zai might actually be scum!

There might be a WIFOM hidden somewhere, but I'm actually leaning toward the latter point, in this case.
So, for now, my vote for Zai stays.

You keep posting stuff about me - in fact, you seem to have spent almost all of your time on this game answering my questions.  Yet you haven't voted me or asked me any questions.  You haven't attempted to apply pressure in any way.  I think I know why - you don't need to find out if I'm scum because you already know I'm not.  Your only aim is to get me to stop being suspicious of you, and to push an easy lynch on Zai while trying to make me look scummy.
I wouldn't say "keep posting" about you, but you did attack me and I felt that I should defend myself properly.
I don't believe I did spend "almost all" of my time on your attack on me, but I agree that I was most prolific at this time.
Well, I don't know for sure that you are scum or town. Some of your posts seemed a bit off. But TBH, I am still not sure. You are quite talkative now, so that should help with proving your innocence/guilt.
Nah, your suspicions are fine. They give me an opportunity to clear myself and that helps with narrowing down to real scum out there.

I'm not defending him.  The main thing I'm finding strange is that, even after a prolonged attack on me, Dorf asks me no questions and doesn't bother to pressure me in any way.  This is extremely scummy, so it looks like he's pushing an easy lynch/ bus on Zai.
It seems you are still accusing me of scuminess, so I might as well ask a question or two.

When you voted for Zai, you seemed to be fairly sure he was scum, yet you then changed the vote to me.
Do you not feel he is scum anymore? Why would you risk lynching an obvious scum, for a mere hunch on me?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2010, 01:00:43 pm »

You people flatter me too much. You think I'm capable of taking two hours to write all that late at night on the extremely off chance that you'll decide to not lynch me for it? I'm way too fucking lazy to do that as scum; I'm not going to waste 2 hours of my life as scum for a 2% chance that you'll decide to not lynch me.

You obviously haven't learned anything about how I do things in the months you've played with me.

Dorf is scum, everybody.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2010, 01:06:06 pm »

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2010, 01:09:12 pm »

1) Backup Voter takes the first person to die's role
2) Lynch me first
3) Backup Voter gets my role and does something useful for town with it, whether he's town or scum

Neighborly Voter right now is on a townie. After I get lynched, hopefully it'll go to scum.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2010, 01:10:23 pm »

dorf, you went an entire post without saying who you think is scum. You listed options, you hinted at your thoughts, you threw attacks, you flung out a few FoS's, and I think you said who isn't scum, but you have yet to say who you think is scum.

Well, I think one of the two is scum. I still think Zai is a bit odd for claiming early and all that, but there's info to be had. No point letting a good day go to waste.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2010, 01:14:44 pm »

dorf, you went an entire post without saying who you think is scum. You listed options, you hinted at your thoughts, you threw attacks, you flung out a few FoS's, and I think you said who isn't scum, but you have yet to say who you think is scum.

Actually, I think he made it quite clear he thinks I'm scum.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21