Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Game Over! Mafia Win)  (Read 36948 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Day 1: Ready, Set...)
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2009, 11:55:29 am »

This is why I never vote ExKirby anymore dude.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2009, 12:16:06 pm »

Wait, is ExKirby really quitting?

Is this because of that Paranormal 12 thing? Because if so, are you 3 years old? Do your parents know you're using the internet? Seriously, you just ruined perfectly fun games for everyone, and continue to do so. Either get over it or get out. We don't have room for whiney whores. We told you you were being a moron so that you would fix it. We're not expecting you win every time. We're not expecting you to win EVER. We are, however, expecting you to try. Because not trying isn't helpful. It isn't fun. It's ruining everyone's game because you think it's not fair.

Boo hoo. Go cut yourself in the corner and right poems with your blood.

Same goes for Archangel, who was doing perfectly well as a Cult Leader but then screwed over his team (dakarian), by telling everyone he was, in fact, the Cult Leader. I will never let him play a game I host, nor will I let any game I play allow him in. He's was lurking through the game, which is legitimate. He always sent in his action. He posted occasionally. But then he screws over team. It's not cool. It's not playing to win. It's just plain annoying.

So, seriously, if you quit now, you can't come back. Ever. Not that you'd want to, but just in case you think you can.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2009, 02:23:35 pm »

For the record, whenever I insult someone, I'm not too serious about it. Just trying to make the person angry and frustrated so they admit to being scum.

Getting back to the game at hand:

I reckon it's worth a go scumhunting. So, Panda. Why did you claim Bomb in Para 12?
Revote ExKirby!
Really?? You KNOW he's dead in the water and can't defend himself properly because of his dead laptop! So you just randomly decided to bandwagon on a person whose role is still pretty much unknown?
You really want to risk to get a potential townie lynched? Unless... you know he's a townie!

This.  I remember one of the previous Vote Mafia games where we were missing one of the roles.  IIRC correctly, it turned out well then, but all this does is give the scum more power in a game like this.  So a mild FoS dorf.  Mild because you're new and haven't played in a Vote Mafia before.

This confuses me, Janus. You agree with Dorf and then FoS him? Did you mean to FoS EK?

I reckon it's worth a go scumhunting. So, Panda. Why did you claim Bomb in Para 12?

Because that totally counts as scumhunting.

Zai's a hypocrite.
How so?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2009, 02:29:17 pm »

Barring us having a counter, the Crush probably isn't Mafia. That'd be broken.
Dude, in Vote Mafia One the guy I replaced in for had a crush on ToonyMan the mafioso.

I think we need to stop all focusing on ExKirby... we still have a game to play.  With that in mind, Dorf, why did you jump on the ExKirby wagon so gleefully and without reasoning?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2009, 02:40:42 pm »

I voted for Leafsnail ENTIRELY to try to get something out of him. The fact a lot of other people pushed him just told me I could go look elsewhere.

Zai's a hypocrite.
How so?

You attacked someone for not scumhunting when you were not scumhunting yourself.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2009, 03:25:48 pm »

I think we need to stop all focusing on ExKirby... we still have a game to play.  With that in mind, Dorf, why did you jump on the ExKirby wagon so gleefully and without reasoning?
Funny how you ignored ExKirby's 4th (supposedly random) vote on Pandarsenic.
Also funny, how you apparently missed my post explaining why his vote was weird.

Though, you were not the only one. It seems ExKirby also didn't address it. He made numerous posts after my accusation and none of them had any answers. That, in my mind, made him even more suspicious.

But now he quit. So, in a sense, this made my vote useless. It didn't provide any extra insight into his situation, so I'm unvoting.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2009, 05:10:58 pm »

Zai's a hypocrite.
How so?

You attacked someone for not scumhunting when you were not scumhunting yourself.

Ah, but I did not attack him for it. I used sarcasm to illustrate a point that he was not scumhunting after he implied he was. I myself did no such thing, so I can't really be a hypocrite, regardless of whether or not I'm scumhunting.

It seems ExKirby also didn't address it. He made numerous posts after my accusation and none of them had any answers. That, in my mind, made him even more suspicious.
This to hell and back.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2009, 05:34:43 pm »

You can't sit here and say with a straight face that when you say something negative to another person in mafia, joking or otherwise, that it isn't an attack. Nope, you've just lied to me and changed your story. Congratulations. That's strike one.

Zai jokingly attacks ExKirby for not scumhunting. I notice this and ask Zai what the deal is. Zai immediately claims to not have done something that might make him look bad. Townies don't care about looking bad. Scum do. That's strike two.

Ok, lemme look at this from another angle. ExKirby randomvoted. That's scumhunting, if you do it right. So not only were you lying, but you were wrong, too. So now you ALSO tried to attack ExKirby for not scumhunting when he CLEARLY had. That's strike three. You're out of here, scum.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2009, 06:01:39 pm »

If he needs one, judging by his signature and caption, I can replace ExKirby. If a B+ is allowed in here.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2009, 06:09:12 pm »

Also funny, how you apparently missed my post explaining why his vote was weird.
Scummy self preservation is scummy.

Seriously, the tone of this post implies an attack on me, but there is none there.  How come?  It seems like you're trying to see who you can lynch rather than who is scum.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2009, 07:31:03 pm »

You can't sit here and say with a straight face that when you say something negative to another person in mafia, joking or otherwise, that it isn't an attack. Nope, you've just lied to me and changed your story. Congratulations. That's strike one.

Zai jokingly attacks ExKirby for not scumhunting. I notice this and ask Zai what the deal is. Zai immediately claims to not have done something that might make him look bad. Townies don't care about looking bad. Scum do. That's strike two.

These 2 points confuse me, M.P. 1) How did I change my story? 2) I was refuting what you said about me being a hypocrite, which I am not; being called a hypocrite is a grave insult among my tribe. It wasn't me not wanting to look bad so much as me defending myself from a vote. So defending oneself is now considered scummy? That's ridiculous, and you know it, M.P.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2009, 07:39:57 pm »

If he needs one, judging by his signature and caption, I can replace ExKirby. If a B+ is allowed in here.

I didn't look at his sig before. That's...sad.

Scummy self preservation is scummy.

Seriously, the tone of this post implies an attack on me, but there is none there.  How come?  It seems like you're trying to see who you can lynch rather than who is scum.

What? Leafsnail, I see no so self-preservation there. It's just simply a defense, regardless of the quality. Can you explain please how this "self-preservation" is different from a defense?

And I don't feel that tone at all either. Just sarcastic defense. An attack would require him to be pointing out a flaw or somesuch in you, not in your attack on him. It's just a defense.

And for Christ's sake, Leafsnail, use the quote button. If you have to just use the tag, at least say who it's from.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2009, 07:49:49 pm »

Sorry about the quoting.  I'll bear that in mind.

What I mean by self defensive is that he isn't bothering to do anything other than reply to my accusation.  He obviously checked back over the thread, but he didn't seem to form any suspicions while doing so.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2009, 08:09:35 pm »

I suppose that's true, but that's not really self-defensive. But I'll just count that as poor word choice.

I'm gonna go ahead and request an extension to 10 PM tomorrow, as that's the time he specified in this post. And unvote EK for now, as the person who takes his place can't be held responsible for what he did. Which kind of made me think at first he's scum even more and is doing this to save his team because he thought he was doing a poor job and would inevitably be lynched soon, but by Web's reaction, I'd judge that's not the case. Or at least EK didn't discuss it with his scumbuddies.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2009, 08:38:34 pm »

Ek quit the forums. He locked all his threads and hasn't logged in for awhile. He's a giant whiney baby that we're better off without if you ask me.

These 2 points confuse me, M.P. 1) How did I change my story? 2) I was refuting what you said about me being a hypocrite, which I am not; being called a hypocrite is a grave insult among my tribe. It wasn't me not wanting to look bad so much as me defending myself from a vote. So defending oneself is now considered scummy? That's ridiculous, and you know it, M.P.

You backpedaled and tried to get me to believe that what you said is not an attack when it clearly was.

It wasn't just that you defended yourself, it's that you backpedaled and stopped everything you were doing to defend yourself.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21