Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Game Over! Mafia Win)  (Read 36883 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Day 3)
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:37 pm »

Vote Count

Leafsnail - Mr.Person
Mr.Person - Leafsnail
JanusTwoface - ToonyMan
Pandarsenic - eduren, Leafsnail
eduren - JanusTwoface

Three extensions heard

Day ends Monday 10 PM Central

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2010, 05:10:54 pm »

Ok, I've just noticed something.

Firstly, we have 9 players and probably 3 scum.  While we technically have another mislynch, I'm worried about scum with voting abilities.  I mean, what if the Triple Voter is scum?  Therefore, I feel we really need to lynch right today.

Secondly - I've noticed something about the votecount for day 1.
dorf - Leafsnail, Pandarsenic [3]
Not odd you might think, for vote mafia.  But then again, Dorf was SHIELDED.  If I understand the role correctly, it means that multivotes fail against him.  For this reason, I think the Secret Voter may have placed a vote on Dorf.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2010, 05:28:00 pm »

Hey Pand, who were you Lovestruck to?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2010, 05:43:53 pm »

Ok, I've just noticed something.

Firstly, we have 9 players and probably 3 scum.  While we technically have another mislynch, I'm worried about scum with voting abilities.  I mean, what if the Triple Voter is scum?  Therefore, I feel we really need to lynch right today.

Secondly - I've noticed something about the votecount for day 1.
dorf - Leafsnail, Pandarsenic [3]
Not odd you might think, for vote mafia.  But then again, Dorf was SHIELDED.  If I understand the role correctly, it means that multivotes fail against him.  For this reason, I think the Secret Voter may have placed a vote on Dorf.

There are so many things wrong with this post.

First off, we started with 10 players, not 9.  And unless something changed since this post, there are two scum:
Okay, I'll run this with 2 scum, I suppose, if I don't get any more incomers within... oh... a little bit.

Mod clarification on the number of scum would be nice though.

Second, there is no Triple Voter.  There's only a Double Voter.  Here are the roles in this game:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46598.msg947350#msg947350

As far as if the Shielded Voter is immune to the Double Voter, I doubt it.  The Double Voter gets two votes that they can spend as they wish, the ability isn't actually directly affecting the Shielded Voter.  And if the Double Voter is blocked, than the Secret Voter definately would be, as they would have to target the Shielded Voter directly.

In any case, Leafsnail: I can almost guarantee that you are the Double Voter for three reasons:
- The Day 1 votes (as you pointed it)
- The Day 2 votes (unless the Secret Voter messed with it)
- You're voting for two people right now (unless webadict made a mistake in the vote count)

In that case, do you intend to split your votes between Mr.Person and Pandarsenic?  Because that's the current state.

Hey Pand, who were you Lovestruck to?

Mr.Person, do you still think that Leafsnail is the most likely scum?  What do you think about eduren and/or Pandarsenic being scum?  Because ToonyMan apparently Vanilla'd Pandarsenic making his buddy less useful to know today than it will be tomorrow.

3. NOT Lynch Delayer. Not sure where I got that from. I went from Backup to Secret Exchange to Lovestruck, whereupon I was vanilla'd.

Fair enough.  But how did you go from Secret Exchange to Lovestruck?  I understand that you gain the power of the first person lynched which would have been the Shielded Voter.  Because you appearantly convinced webadict that the Shielded Voter's power couldn't be passed on, you got Exchange Voter instead at the end of day 2.  Still makes sense.

But the Exchange Voter gets the power of whoever they vote at the end of a day.  You haven't voted someone at the end of the day since you got the power (a day hasn't ended since then) and Apostolic Nihilist couldn't have taken the Lovestruck power because he was voting Leafsnail Day 2 and wasn't voting Day 1.  (He never voted the Lovestruck Voter at the end of a day).

So unless I'm missing something, there's still something strange going on.

Although the entire point is moot for now if ToonyMan is telling the truth because you're a Vanilla Voter for the day.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 15, 2010, 06:19:25 pm »

Eh, I guess everyone should've worked it out by now.  Yes, I'm the double voter.

As far as if the Shielded Voter is immune to the Double Voter, I doubt it.  The Double Voter gets two votes that they can spend as they wish, the ability isn't actually directly affecting the Shielded Voter.  And if the Double Voter is blocked, than the Secret Voter definately would be, as they would have to target the Shielded Voter directly.
Actually, my rolepm doesn't explicitly state I can splitvote, although, rereading it, it is implied.

The OP confused me somewhat - I got "players alive" confused with "starting players".  Oh well.

Updated roles -
Quote from: Ice Cream Voter
Whoever his vote is on at the end of the day becomes a vanilla voter the day after.
- Claimed by ToonyMan
Quote from: Double Voter
Vote for two people or vote twice for one person.
- Mine
Quote from: Vote Seer
He gets the 100% accurate vote count at the end of the day. He also knows how many votes a player puts on another-so he's a semi-role cop.
Quote from: Lynch delayer
He/she can delay the lynch of anybody but themselves until the end of the next day.
Quote from: Secret Voter
Who can secretly pm his real vote to webadict while appearing to vote for someone else, if he so wishes.
Quote from: Backup Voter
Gains the powers of the first person to die.
- Claimed by Pandar

Now, a few things that grab me -
There are six votes in the game.  If I were scum, I'd be able to force an NL with my partner.  Although I guess ToonyMan would be able to make me into a townie.
If scum have the Secret Voter, we need to be really, really careful.  After all, this is almost certainly mylo.
If the Lynch Delayer is scum, we are at lylo now.
The Seer isn't really good for much at this point.

Therefore, I believe we should assume the worst and say that this is lylo (I don't want to risk a scum LD, and I'm not sure why noone seems to be worried about a possible scum DV).  An MC is in order, as we need to get this lynch right.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2010, 06:30:19 pm »

If the Lynch Delayer is scum, we can still lynch the Lynch Delayer. They cannot prevent their own lynch.  I ran into this situation in a previous Vote Mafia game.

Therefore, I believe we should assume the worst and say that this is lylo (I don't want to risk a scum LD, and I'm not sure why noone seems to be worried about a possible scum DV).  An MC is in order, as we need to get this lynch right.

Since I've basically figured out everyone's roles by now (I'd have to go back and double check a couple), I'm not opposed to a mass claim. Other opinions?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 15, 2010, 06:32:21 pm »

If the Lynch Delayer is scum, we can still lynch the Lynch Delayer. They cannot prevent their own lynch.  I ran into this situation in a previous Vote Mafia game.
I suppose so, but I'd still rather not deal with a Mafia Jester tomorrow.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2010, 06:41:13 pm »

All right, I've searched my old PMs for "Vote Mafia" and extracted everything:

Began as Backup Voter
Became Shielded Voter
Talked Web out of making me Shielded Voter
I become "Secret Role Voter" (I don't know what my role does)
I - wait what. I was vanilla'd after that-

OH GOD *DAMN* IT

Lovestruck Voter was my known role, I never became it.

I... I'm officially an idiot and need to stop playing Mafia when I'm exhausted.
I...
I'm not even totally confident I'm not missing something. I'm going to check this with Webadict.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 15, 2010, 06:48:33 pm »

As bizarre as it sounds, I guess that sortof makes sense.  Although it raises two questions.

Pandarsenic and whoever got the Backup Voter as the known role (if they're still alive) - did it originally say "lynched" rather than killed?  Known role person, would you mind asking webadict if this is the case?
Secret Exchange knowing person (if they're still alive) - did it say anything about the player not knowing their role in your pm?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 15, 2010, 06:56:49 pm »

MC then?

I'm the Vote Seer.

I can confirm that Leafsnail is the DV.

Dorf did indeed have no vote.

So far, the secret voter has not revealed themselves.

Other than that, there has been no discrepancies.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 15, 2010, 07:03:03 pm »

It said, quite certainly, lynched.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 15, 2010, 07:03:44 pm »

I am the Ice Cream Voter, like I said earlier.

I know of the Exchange Voter, I don't know where this Secret Exchange Voter came from though.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2010, 03:03:12 am »

Yeah, I'm REALLY confused about why nobody brought up any red flags about Secret Voter, Secret Exchange Voter, and Exchange Voter and the whole mess there.

So far, it seems like one player got a known role of Exchange Voter and another of Secret Voter, but what I can't figure out is why the original Secret Role Voter didn't speak up and say that nobody claimed their role as known. Thus, I can only conclude that the original SRV (Exchange Voter) is scum.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2010, 03:12:39 am »

Keep in mind, Secret Role Voter doesn't actually KNOW what it is.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2010, 08:45:38 am »

Keep in mind, Secret Role Voter doesn't actually KNOW what it is.
But wouldn't he be confused that his role didn't come up at all?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21