Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Game Over! Mafia Win)  (Read 36937 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 4: Let's Bureacratically Solve This! (Day 1: Ready, Set...)
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2009, 08:54:18 pm »

You backpedaled and tried to get me to believe that what you said is not an attack when it clearly was.

It wasn't just that you defended yourself, it's that you backpedaled and stopped everything you were doing to defend yourself.

...Are you being serious?

How is that "backpedaling"? I would have had to previously say I had attacked him, for it to be "backpedaling" and changing my story. And I fail to see how what I said was an attack. I use sarcasm as a means of communication. So using sarcasm means it's an attack, now? That's ridiculous. So whenever I use sarcasm, I'm automatically attacking whoever it's directed towards? There's a recent example (in an ongoing game, but from the first day) that's fresh in my mind of me using sarcasm and nobody, claimed I was attacking anyone then. And that's because I wasn't, just like now, except now someone is claiming it was an attack.

I didn't "stop everything I was doing" to defend myself. How the fuck does one stop everything they're doing to defend themselves and how is it any different from regularly defending yourself? Whenever I am addressing a point, of course I'm not doing other stuff while I type; unlike you, apparently, I don't possess the ability to type and think and do something else all at the same time. I just "defended" myself by pointing out that I wasn't a hypocrite. You're just being ridiculous right now, M.P.

I shall say no more for now, as I'm tired and you're getting me worked up and I know from past experience (as town, mostly) that that's a bad combination. For now though, a second FoS to M.P and I request a vote count.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2009, 08:58:40 pm »

Unvote.
Zai realized his scum mistake and is overly covering it up.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2009, 09:10:21 pm »

Zai, why are you FoSing him so much? You obviously think that he is worth suspicion yet not enough to vote him?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2009, 09:21:34 pm »

Zai, why are you FoSing him so much? You obviously think that he is worth suspicion yet not enough to vote him?

Meh, I suppose you're right. I'm just overcompensating for me not wanting to be rash; I typically do stupid things late at night. See the first couple of VMs for when I first realized this. Overcompensating is probably the stupid thing tonight. =/

Mr.Person has been ridiculous, which is par for the course so far in this game, I suppose.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2009, 09:44:58 pm »

Zai is scum, ExKirby is/was stupid town.

I'm gonna play more Monster Hunter.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2010, 12:16:17 am »

Thanks for the that incredibly useful post and vote, Pandar. Everyone is able to glean so much from it and you.

So. I require an extension to be made to have a chance to adequately defend myself. If one is not made (requested by more people) by the time I get off for sleep (should be rather shortly), I'll post something else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2010, 12:25:38 am »

Extension shall we.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2010, 12:27:09 am »

Extension? Yes, please.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2010, 12:33:32 am »

An extension good sir.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2010, 12:42:53 am »

Unvote.

Actually. Upon further thought: Because of the Backup Voter. I think I can be a strategical first lynch. Lynch me after all.

So I object to an extension. I doubt there's much I can do to get out of this in just one day (especially tomorrow) anyway. And I'd much rather pass this along to someone than have it go to waste by dying in the night or day 2.

Seriously. Lynch me. The next person can hide better than I at this point.

And Janus is scum. He tried to be helpful, albeit not too helpful. But helpful nonetheless.

But really. Pandar and TM both bandwagonned essentially. M.P's points are bogus. And I'm town. But a townie useful in death!

[PPE:] DO NOT EXTEND. RETRACT EXTENSION REQUESTS. IT'S POINTLESS. It'll speed the game if I just die now, and will be more beneficial than possibly lynching a townie with a less useful role.

Seriously. This role was meant to be transferred to the Backup Voter. It's useful for town if the receiver is town or scum. Perhaps even more so with a scum BV.

Lynch me.

Watch the BV be EK and we never get a replacement for him. =/

And if you people do not lynch me, I will attempt to force you to lynch me by roleclaiming, plummeting my usefulness if I were to not be lynched. And you can probably figure out what role I have now anyway by looking at all the roles and thinking a bit.

Retract your extensions. Let the day end. It's good for town if you lynch me, unless the BV gets NK'ed or lynched tomorrow. If we're lucky, BV is scum. But even if BV is town, they should not claim now or ever.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 01, 2010, 12:51:22 am »

Spoiler: Known roles (click to show/hide)
Just bumping this back up.

Zai is being a jester again.  I fail to see the benefit right now though.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2010, 12:59:18 am »

Zai is being a jester again.  I fail to see the benefit right now though.
It looked like he was going to be lynched anyway, so he decided to shorten the day.

Although I agree, that if he has the role that I am thinking of, he would be a pretty good first lynch.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2010, 01:04:29 am »

Oh I get it.

Cancel that Extension.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2010, 01:40:21 am »

Cancel

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 01, 2010, 01:57:35 am »

(Since my role will be revealed at death, there isn't much point in not posting the (long) "cheat sheet" for both a town BV and the town if it's a scum BV: )
I'm the goddamn Batman Neighborly Voter. This means, that whoever the BV is, will, at day's end, have the person they voted for at the end (it only counts who you voted for last; unvoting and not voting again means nobody will get the message (important for town to know, me thinks)) receive a message about the BV's alignment. If the BV does things correctly (i.e. not do like me) as town, they can become a confirmed townie (without PMs fortunately for the game's resistance to breaking; unfortunately for town). If the scum is is the BV, then they'll either have to find a legitimate reason to vote the person obviously being lynched without appearing to bandwagon so that nobody gets the message that they're scum, unvote, or vote only for their scumbuddies.

Recap with NEW AND EXCITING SPECIAL EDITION content: (1) As town, BV has possibility of becoming CT, but this should only be known by townies (if the BV plays his cards right/is lucky). This person should follow the following: [a] vote for the person being lynched without drawing attention [ b] unvote barely before day's out if the person he actually thinks is scum is not being lynched and probably do the last: [c] switch votes to someone you actually think is town before the end of the day (no hidden messages there!) so you're sure a Mafioso will not get the alignment message and off you that night, making sure you don't get the chance to tell fellow townies about your alignment (2) as scum, BV will always need to do one of the following: [a] bandwagon without drawing attention [b ] unvote at day's end [c] vote for his scumbuddies as it doesn't matter if they get the message. The last is the least detectable until said scumbuddies die and flip. The last can also be used to find remaining scum if scum BV dies first.

C for townie is the most useful thing the NV can do. Hell, I'd say not doing it is anti-town. And C is probably the easiest to hide from the opposition without taking too much notice, whether townie BV or scum.

Basically for town, just look for those 3 patterns this day forward: unvoting without revoting, voting for scum when said scum aren't being lynched, and voting for people who are lynched. These patterns will likely take at least 2 days to establish (as in, being useful Day 4 and onwards).

After typing all this out, it sounds less useful than I thought at first. But it's better than giving a Double Voter, Vote Delayer, Vote Seer, or Secret Voter to a scum BV. This is mainly useful if the BV is scum and/or is not EK. And I'm almost guaranteed to be Night killed sometime anyway, as I doubt town would lynch me under normal conditions now. But I doubt that we could have focused on someone else anyway.

And BV cannot reveal themselves whether they're town or scum, so don't do a massclaim unless the BV is already dead. Otherwise it's kind of useful.

WAIT A SECOND

POSSIBLY USEFUL THOUGHT INCOMING

Web, what would happen to the Backup Voter if 2 people are lynched? Does he gain both powers? Does he gain neither power? Does he gain the power of the first person to gather the required amount of votes?

NO WAIT THAT'S NOT USEFUL because then we'd probably end up taking away almost a third of the game; lynch me, I'm a townie; lynch someone else, probably a townie; random townie is NKed by Mafia.

Oh God. What have I done. This was a terrible idea. I should have just defended myself. Instead I guaranteed I would die, whether by lynch or NK. And by NK means my role goes to complete waste. Oh well. Too late to turn back now. I just hope BV's scum. =/

I suppose it's better than possibly giving scum a more useful role for them. Like Secret Voter when their fellow scum already has the Vote Seer role (and thus requires more effort and several days to be found out). Or Ice Cream Voter when their fellow scum is the Vote Seer, so they can use their special information to make the Double Voter (as town) a vanilla townie every single day.

If the BV is town (and is not EK and therefore not paying attention), they are probably banging their head against the wall right now.

Oh well. I'm off.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21