Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New Reactions Please submit your cool reactions  (Read 5098 times)

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
Re: New Reactions Please submit your cool reactions
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 07:49:48 am »

I regenned, no changes, I deleted all files in data/objects (I suppose they are some kind of backup), regenned again, nothing.
Ok, the flaw was stupid, very stupid.

I mistyped the first line of the file, and did not notice until many regens later...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 03:41:13 pm »

These are some really cool reactions, its been a long time but these are usefull. Some of these I'll use, the others I have already done before hand, I'll post more as I get around to it, right now im trying to make a blood thursty desert creature that spawns by the hundreds to steal food, guzzle beer, and whatever else they can get their hands on. I got them to steal and spawn by hundreds but they are cowards even tho I put the [NOFEAR] tag... How can I make them vicous?

Try [likes_fighting].

It won't give them SEARCH&DESTROY function or something, but they will get a positive thought from fighting (civ' races) and propably more than willing to fight back when engaged.

Or my knowledge is outdated on the topic.

BTW, Grax, you won't mind if I grab your cool smelter reactions about potash&calcite? Maybe even toss them into Avernum Mod...

I saw the problem as it seems same as my civ creatures I had the [BENIGN] tag with makes them a everyday wild animal, and they had [EVIL] tag too so they were evil pansies now they seem to work as I hoped, I embarked in a evil location and there were 300+ of them, plus being CURIOUS_EATER/GUZZLER/ITEM beasts they were un doubt bly atracted to my dwarfs and was eaten instantly but now I have a new problem I want them on savage maps too so I added that [SAVAGE] too and now they only appear on boardlined Evil Savage maps grr....

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 08:27:49 pm »

Some of these reactions look useful, but I am uncertain how to implement them. Do I just dump them at the end of reaction_standard.txt? Will it require genning a new world?

I am pretty clueless about reactions in general. I wanted to modify some reactions, mainly to make it a little less time consuming (and wood intensive) to make a fort out of clear glass, but I can't find the ash/potash/pearlash reactions. Are they hard coded? Searching the raw/objects folder, the only reference to them that I found were to things like kind of tree called ash, or the profession potash maker.

Likewise, how do I go about making items and armor out of glass? I presume I can just add [WEAPON] to the proper entry, but there doesn't appear to be a matgloss entry for glass or clear glass. I am running a mod (Relentless Assault) but it's not like I am missing these things in-game. Just can't find them in the raws.

Thanks in advance for the help.

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 09:13:53 pm »

Some of these reactions look useful, but I am uncertain how to implement them. Do I just dump them at the end of reaction_standard.txt? Will it require genning a new world?

I am pretty clueless about reactions in general. I wanted to modify some reactions, mainly to make it a little less time consuming (and wood intensive) to make a fort out of clear glass, but I can't find the ash/potash/pearlash reactions. Are they hard coded? Searching the raw/objects folder, the only reference to them that I found were to things like kind of tree called ash, or the profession potash maker.

Likewise, how do I go about making items and armor out of glass? I presume I can just add [WEAPON] to the proper entry, but there doesn't appear to be a matgloss entry for glass or clear glass. I am running a mod (Relentless Assault) but it's not like I am missing these things in-game. Just can't find them in the raws.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Either add to the existing reaction_standard.txt file or make a new file called something like reaction_new.txt that contains the reactions you wish to add (you will also have to copy the first few lines of the reaction_standard.txt file, but change so that the name matches the new file). Yes in most cases they require a world regen (there is a way around this where you keep the name of an existing reaction and change the commands).

The ash/potash/pearlash reactions are hard coded though you can make your own reactions to supplement them.

Likewise glass is hard coded so you will be unable to easily make glass armor. Some one did do an all glass mod with tons of reactions (try a search for glass fortress).

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 03:48:06 am »

For those who's eager to mod something new, look here first: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=28829.0
Finis sanctificat media.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 02:32:54 pm »

Just added the Nerf material and smelter reaction (finally a use for elven cloth!) and the wooden mechanism reaction to my raws.
Awesome. I should mod in kevlar. ;D Rope reed thread + adamantine strands, perhaps? Wonder if they'd be able to make clothes out of it? Would kevlar clothing act like armor? There doesn't appear to be a matgloss_cloth file, so probably not.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 06:03:26 am »

Cloth is pretty much hardcoded, the only thing you can mod about cloth is giving a creature silk or making a plant thread-processable, that qould create a new type of cloth with different $ value but the same defense value.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 06:17:37 am »

Cloth is pretty much hardcoded, the only thing you can mod about cloth is giving a creature silk or making a plant thread-processable, that qould create a new type of cloth with different $ value but the same defense value.
I think adamantine cloth have much better defense value than rope reed.
Finis sanctificat media.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 07:31:11 am »

I forgot about metal cloth. I don't know how it works however.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 08:39:15 am »

I'm trying to mod in a plant named "salt bulb", which can be milled into salt.
Ah, good times! I used to make it in my 38c Middle Earth mod (or maybe a Faerun mod).

Lots of cool reactions here. It inspires me just to read them, and reminds how cool the next version will be :).

The only way I see here is to make another deep metal which is processable into threads and use it in the reactions, but it would lead to kevlar-incased clown chambers :).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:43:34 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 03:12:20 pm »

I'm trying to mod in a plant named "salt bulb", which can be milled into salt.
Ah, good times! I used to make it in my 38c Middle Earth mod (or maybe a Faerun mod).

Lots of cool reactions here. It inspires me just to read them, and reminds how cool the next version will be :).

The only way I see here is to make another deep metal which is processable into threads and use it in the reactions, but it would lead to kevlar-incased clown chambers :).
Not unless you made a kevlar stone.
The [DEEP] tagged stone is what surrounds the HFS.
The [DEEP] tagged metal is what is made out of the stone surrounding the HFS.
All the metal matgloss [DEEP] tag does is prevent most civs from using it.

Coincidentally, you don't have to process metals into threads to use them in clothing.
Just regular bars will be used if it has the tags for clothing but not for threads.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 03:15:21 pm »

How would I make a reaction that creates blocks? This is my current one, and it doesn't work.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION: IRON_DOUBLING]
[NAME:Make obsidian blocks]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:100:BLOCK:NO_SUBTYPE:OBSIDIAN:NO_MATGLOSS]

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 03:15:59 pm »

How would I make a reaction that creates blocks? This is my current one, and it doesn't work.
[REACTION: IRON_DOUBLING]
[NAME:Make obsidian blocks]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:100:BLOCK:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:OBSIDIAN]
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 04:17:57 pm »

Or you can just build a reaction to do it.

[REACTION:GOLD_THREAD]
[NAME:Make thread out of gold]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:GOLD]
[PRODUCT:100:3:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:GOLD]
[FUEL]

Change the metals as desired.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:01:01 pm by sunshaker »

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 07:13:34 pm »

So, if I under stand correctly, I could add in a smelter reaction that would use 1 rope reed thread and 1 adamantine strand to create 1 "bar" of Kevlar. The bar in turn could be used to create various types of Kevlar clothing (probably would just stick to vests) which would be happily worn by civies, and grant the armor bonuses?

This is assuming I add the relavent tags, of course. I'd need to add the Kevlar to the metals matgloss, setting it up to be used as clothing, and add vest entries to the clothing and civ files. Correct?

Don't have my comp handy (posting from phone) but I may play with this tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4