Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moving Artifacts...  (Read 1196 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Moving Artifacts...
« on: December 19, 2009, 08:52:51 pm »

After a few attempts of removing the artifacts from out of a Bin, I used the method of trading the bin to merchants which cause the Artifacts to be emptied out of the bin and left behind...

Now I want to move them into the new stockpile. There are heaps of Dwarves not doing anything and no one is moving to pick them up and move them...

What am I doing wrong, how do I do it right...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:16:34 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Artifacts...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 09:03:53 pm »

I have been trying to move my first Artifact out of a Bin for so many seasons now. its been nearly 2 years since its been made and everything...

Until it was constructed I had forgotten to make the Stockrooms Artifact free zones, and now I have a Robe inside a Bin. I have tried dumping it, forbidding it and everything, But the damn thing won't come out nor will the damn dwarves move it into the new spot which is the only Artifact friendly place in the whole fort...

What am I doing wrong, how do I do it right...
You might try disabling artifact-level goods in both the 'core quality' and 'overall quality' sections. I don't know what the difference is but it's worth a shot. Also, if you're dumping it remember to use 'enter' or 'v' (don't remember) to select the item individually, otherwise you'll just mark the whole barrel to be dumped.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 09:09:57 pm »

You might try disabling artifact-level goods in both the 'core quality' and 'overall quality' sections. I don't know what the difference is but it's worth a shot. Also, if you're dumping it remember to use 'enter' or 'v' (don't remember) to select the item individually, otherwise you'll just mark the whole barrel to be dumped.
Been there done that...
You can't dump artifacts either...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:12:17 pm »

Try setting up a finished goods stockpile that only accepts artifact quality goods. Set the maximum amount of bins for to be used to zero, then have that stockpile take from the stockpile currently holding the robe.

That should work, I think.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 09:17:14 pm »

Try setting up a finished goods stockpile that only accepts artifact quality goods. Set the maximum amount of bins for to be used to zero, then have that stockpile take from the stockpile currently holding the robe.

That should work, I think.
Taking from Stockpiles... Ugh Gonna try that thanks mate...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 09:46:47 pm »

ITS NOT WORKING!!! ARGH!!!
Not even the newly created item is going into the Stockpile...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Artifacts... It just won't come out of a bin...
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 10:11:18 pm »

Ok I have the Artifacts out of the Bin by trading the bin itself to merchants. By trading the Bin an Artifact is in will cause the Artifacts to be dumped onto the tile where the bin used to be...

Now to attempt to move them into their new home...