Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravan split, spawning on opposite edges?  (Read 397 times)

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caravan split, spawning on opposite edges?
« on: December 19, 2009, 05:10:16 pm »

The first elven caravan spawned in the north-west corner of the map and made it's way south to my trade depot.  I got my trader there, traded, dismissed my trader... and then I see a few elves with pack-animals in tow coming up to the depot from the south.  Is this something that's known to happen?  Or was I just misreading the screen?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan split, spawning on opposite edges?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 05:30:58 pm »

They could have gone south somewhat further and then took a turn and went up north. Without knowing what your entrance looks like and watching the caravan, its kind of hard to tell what happened.

Some of them could have gotten scared off by slugmen or whatever and made a detour.

Astramancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 05:48:55 pm »

I've seen them split up and take different routes to my entrance, but I've never been able to trade until all of the merchants get there.

Maybe you have two elven civilizations sending traders and they just happened to almost overlap?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 06:02:17 pm »

AFAIK its only possible to have one civ of each race as your trading partner. Sometimes goblin POWs will cause you to 'have contact' with their origional civ, but you won't get those civs as a trading partner.