Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modifying Dwarf relationships?  (Read 545 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Modifying Dwarf relationships?
« on: December 19, 2009, 12:00:21 pm »

It would be very useful to have control over which dwarves have what relationships. Uses include:

1.) Forced Marriage: for fewer bedrooms (with child cap on)

2.) Tantrum spiral fix: change relationship status to avoid tantrums

3.) Grudge fix: grudges cause unhappy thoughts, remove them.

4,) Pet assignment to specific dwarves [rather than just making animals available].

Can this be done somehow? via in game or mod?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying Dwarf relationships?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 12:42:58 pm »

Sadly I can't think of anything that would grant you control over in-game relationships with such finesse. You could edit the creature raws and make all the dwarfs have similar or identical personalities, thus increasing the likelihood of marriages occurring and decreasing the likelihood of grudges occurring somewhat, but beyond that I'm afraid there isn't much you could do with layman methods. Its possible to modify the DF memory to make such changes, but alas there are no external utilities that I'm aware of that allow you to make such changes. If you're more experiences you could memory hack DF your self with something like Cheat Engine, but managing the relationships of a fortress larger than 50 dwarves would be already way more work than its worth.

In conclusion if your dwarfs give you too much trouble with their social problems(and emotions) you could add the no emotion tag to the dwaves' creature entry and say good bye to tantrum spirals and whole lot of fun. You could also add a no sleep tag and never build another bedroom again. Micromanaging creatures would be nice(no more peasants adopting your hard-earned Dragon), but sadly impossible to my knowladge(unless you like a whole lot of micromanaging, or are handy at memory hacking).