Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress World :)  (Read 1874 times)

Krusty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress World
Dwarf Fortress World :)
« on: December 19, 2009, 06:01:04 am »

I've started a new website for Dwarf Fortress that will hopefully be an all in one site for everything dwarfy. The address is www.dwarffortressworld.com

ATM i have:

-Map Database, complete with installation tracking for creators and downloders. Also includes world generation. This database has also been divided up into catagories for viewing convience.

-DF News. Sindicated news straight from the DF main website.

-Downloads. Users can submit downloads for anything DF. Nice and fast download speeds too.

-General Discussion forums, with a handy Q & A forum that works like Yahoo! Answers.

-Personal Album for your fav screenshots of DF, that allows you to make a picture either private or public as well as sort pictures into albums. This is unlimited in nature. Upload as many pictures as you like. Also gives you the ability to share your pictures with BB code on the DFW forum.

-Social Groups. Perfect for people that create mods, (and other groups), and need a easy to use and easy to setup discussion forum and front page. Social Groups can be made either public, private or invite only.

-Fan Fiction Database. Finally somewhere dedicated you can publish your Fan Fiction for DF. All approved stories are added to the Fan Fiction front page.

Coming Soon:

-Video Database. This will allow users to upload and watch videos of DF just like youtube.

-Blog. User submitted blog entries in relation to DF.

-Boatmurdered Web Comic. The great comic boatmurdered will soon be hosted on Dwarf Fortress World.

User input for new features would be great. If you can think of anything that would be useful for the DF feel free to either add it to this thread or start a new thread on Dwarf Fortress World.

Needed:

I need the following positions filled with eager people who love DF and wish to contribute to the community:

-Bloggers
-News Writers
-Forum Moderators
-PHP Programmers

Hope you enjoy using the site as much as i enjoyed creating it.  ;D
Dwarf Fortress World - www.dwarffortressworld.com

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress World :)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 06:03:31 am »

Nice website

checking it out right now.  :)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 08:43:48 am »

Registered. Looks promising, I look forward to seeing this develop.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 08:57:18 am »

Registered

Looks promising.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 09:23:17 am »

I am in ;).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 09:27:32 am »

This looks great. I wait eagerly.

EDIT: Apparently I'm the first migrant to this Fortress. :P (I.E. 8th member.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:29:53 am by ungulateman »
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 02:19:56 pm »

joining, this looks awesome!

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 03:28:27 pm »

I have joined as the 11th member  :D

HallowedError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 04:08:14 pm »

Sweet, I'm the 13th member. I'm really interested to see how the blogs will be used. I wonder if they would work for community fortresses.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 04:31:15 pm »

I'm #14, or shall we say, the last of the first migrant group?
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 04:36:16 pm »

Whilst I think fan resource sites are great, I see a lot of boards that are already present here (such as: Dwarf Fortress Mode, Adventure Mode, Fan Fiction, the whole Maps & Save Games section... just to name a few).

So, I guess what I'm asking is:
Why should we use your forum for DF-related stuff, when we can use this one?
How does your site help the DF community (in relation to DF File Depot, DF Map Archive and DF Wiki)?

Btw, I wasn't trying to be mean, I'm just interested in your plans for the site.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 04:52:14 pm »

What do ya need PHP Programmers to do? I might be interested.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Krusty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress World
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 05:14:47 pm »

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Whilst I think fan resource sites are great, I see a lot of boards that are already present here (such as: Dwarf Fortress Mode, Adventure Mode, Fan Fiction, the whole Maps & Save Games section... just to name a few).

So, I guess what I'm asking is:
Why should we use your forum for DF-related stuff, when we can use this one?
How does your site help the DF community (in relation to DF File Depot, DF Map Archive and DF Wiki)?

Btw, I wasn't trying to be mean, I'm just interested in your plans for the site.

As mentioned in my first post, i intend to create a one stop shop for all things dwarf fortress. I am certainly not trying to take away from any of the sites mentioned, or divide the community, only add new layers to what can be done within the dwarf fortress community. So whilst you could indeed use all the sites mentioned, you would need to create several logins, and visit several sites to get what you need, whereas with DFW, you only need to visit one website with one login and get more out of your experience to boot.

In addition, DFW has more features than the aforementioned sites as well as a great interface and easy to navigate and easy to use services. We can't really expect Toady to give such a large amount of his time to improve the current website with features like DFW, and well he shouldn't, as it would take away from his time coding DF.

What you see at DFW at the moment is only the start of what i envision to be a great community resource for DF. Of course, some people may still wish to use the pre-existing services simply because they are used to them. I can understand this, and wish them the best of luck with their dwarvy exploits. it might be that some services i offer will go unused and will be culled in the fullness of time if that is the case. However it works out, i still intend to try my best to improve the DF community with my skills as a webmaster in anyway i can.

Krusty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress World
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 05:15:35 pm »

What do ya need PHP Programmers to do? I might be interested.

I'll PM you with some ideas and see if you like them.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 06:39:06 pm »

I'm #14, or shall we say, the last of the first migrant group?
Not really.  There can be up to 23 migrants per season.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: [1] 2