Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Want: 2x2 embark w/magma, hfs, bottomless pit, underground river + more.  (Read 2364 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Want: 2x2 embark w/magma, hfs, bottomless pit, underground river + more.
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 02:51:33 pm »

While I have no plans of using it, Hyndis, could you post the worldgen info so we can get that map. That's a pretty epic 3x3, you could probably take at least bronze in the worldgen leaderboard with that thing.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

mLegion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 04:03:00 pm »

I currently have a 5x3 embark with HFS, magma pipe, underground pool AND river, chasm AND pit, flux and sand, not sure about bauxite and iron yet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also got a simlilar site but couldnt get any towercaps to grow on it at all even after finding the underground pool. notable because it has a 200+ z level hfs magma pipe and pit.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:34:44 pm by mLegion »

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 04:13:27 pm »

Heres a 4x4, minus the underground river.
Found with Orc Mod, genned same features with Orc+Terrifying Goblins. Never got around to digging much, so don't know about iron.
Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Embark (click to show/hide)
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.

Mraedis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 05:45:05 pm »

I'm currently playing a 3x3 embark with magma, an underground river, HFS, and a chasm.

Also, endless hordes of zombie gazelles. Seriously, my 20 soldiers each have 200+ kills to their name. Thats 200 each! Thats like 4,000 slain zombie gazelles so far.  D:

They keep coming. I finally managed to finish walling off the western side of the map and flooded it with magma, ala Snaketributes.

Only now that I've flooded the unholy western plains have the zombie invasions stopped.

Give please.
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 07:59:47 pm »

Here is a view of the fort as currently. Its still pretty early on, so a lot of things aren't done yet:

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7678-fairaxe

Here is the worldgen:

In the upper right hand corner there is a chasm. I haven't dug it out yet since I'm using the natural waterfall as my dumping pit, but I will eventually get to the chasm. The climate is also scorching, so the few ponds will dry up instantly. You need to drink booze until you hit the river, then you can just build a well and get somewhat lazy with the barrel production.

To find the map, just do a 3x3 search for a magma pipe, underground river, chasm, and fun.

I'd be astounded if it found another site with all of those features in one.  :o
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:02:11 pm by Hyndis »

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 10:10:40 pm »

I currently have a 5x3 embark with HFS, magma pipe, underground pool AND river, chasm AND pit, flux and sand, not sure about bauxite and iron yet.

also got a simlilar site but couldnt get any towercaps to grow on it at all even after finding the underground pool. notable because it has a 200+ z level hfs magma pipe and pit.

God. What is the FPS on a site like that?  :o

mLegion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 11:31:04 am »

i get 100FPS most of the time, which drops to 20-40 when i move the viewport over the pit.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 12:42:20 pm »

i get 100FPS most of the time, which drops to 20-40 when i move the viewport over the pit.
All I can say is: Holy fuck.

You mind posting the seeds to that thing? Those mountains look like they could handle the strain of a VERY BIG megaproject :3
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.
Pages: 1 [2]