Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Petition for Development Hiatus.  (Read 2437 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Petition for Development Hiatus.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 09:31:16 pm »

Not like there's anyone behind toady pointing a gun to his head while he codes anyway.

why do you think i only type with one hand?
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 09:39:54 pm »

Although, I am not going to sign a petition for Toady asking/telling him to take a break.  I will sign a petition agreeing that Toady DESERVES a break and will not think less of him when he does...though I would be most grateful if it happens after this release and the immediately following bug-fix patches.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 09:40:04 pm »

Why would Toady need a petition to do something he can decide on his own? Not like there's anyone behind toady pointing a gun to his head while he codes anyway.

Mrs Adams: Tarn(Zach? I think thats threetoe, right?), You finish Programming that game for the nice people, or no dinner for you!

Toady: But Mom!

Mrs. Adams: No buts Mister! Shoo!

Toady:Fine. *grumble*
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

CursedBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 11:53:03 pm »

He needed some bone for his fey mood.

This is version 41. It is crafted from human sweat. All coding is of the highest quality.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 01:34:22 am »

This is version 41. It is crafted from human sweat. All coding is of the highest quality.

He'd better not go berserk or melancholy in the middle of this artifact-quality game. It's been over a year since he started construction...
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 02:24:06 am »

He'd better not go berserk or melancholy in the middle of this artifact-quality game. It's been over a year since he started construction...
This'll probably be like BoiledPrinces, and PlanePacked combined, with all of the objects needed to build it on the other side of the 6x6 ( Regional tile ) map.

Anyways, a guy needs to fall unconscience after a one-year cluster.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 02:25:18 am »

Any idea when he'll release this? I've been assuming it'd be Christmas day, but....

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 02:31:13 am »

Any idea when he'll release this? I've been assuming it'd be Christmas day, but....
The man said around Late December, or January...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 02:38:02 am »

Not that soon, no.  There's been basically continuous speculation in the List thread about when it'll be released.  Best estimates say early/mid January.

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 03:22:44 am »

Ah, this thread reminds me of the good old days, this isn't the first time Toady has been asked to take a break by the community, you know. I think the last time was after the z-level update, but I can't seem to find the topic.

Yup, Toady deserves a break after this. After some bug fixing, that is, of course. Go enjoy the sun and the skiing weather after this update, Toady, you've earned it.

Siru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 03:26:44 am »

This'll probably be like BoiledPrinces, and PlanePacked combined, with all of the objects needed to build it on the other side of the 6x6 ( Regional tile ) map.

BoiledPrinces?

Anyway, friggin' signed.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 07:06:41 am »

Well, his family used a modded version of Dwarf Companion (Cat Companion, that's called) to avoid it.

Anyway, I have to agree with Footkerchief and Dakk : not only will a lot of new bugs appear after this release, but Toady is also old enough to know if he need a break. Showing him he has our support if he want to do take some rest is great, forcing him to do so is not.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 08:58:39 am »

There is an image of a Fortress in human sweat. The fortress is Fun. This image relates to the creation of Version 41 by Tarn "Toady One" Adams, Codecrafter, in 2009 "The Briganded Eels"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 11:09:28 am by shadow_archmagi »
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 02:52:03 pm »

BoiledPrinces?

Anyway, friggin' signed.
It's description was a few pages longer than PlanePacked, and used somewhere around a hundred more materials to to make, anyways the let down was when it was way cheaper than PlanePacked, people who know of it call it the World Quern.
Mainly because the amount of historical engravings on it has outnumbers PlanePacked.
Pages: 1 [2]