Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I Remove Items from the Trade Depot?  (Read 31582 times)

Ayeohx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I Remove Items from the Trade Depot?
« on: December 18, 2009, 12:02:11 am »

I need to know how to get the dwarves to move the items from the trade depot back into storage.  I unselect everything from "Trade" status after I'm done trading - could this be the problem?  I found destroying my trade depot gets them to move everything but that's not a good fix.

dragon0421

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I Remove Items from the Trade Depot?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 12:07:28 am »

If you have available haulers and available space in the right plot, it should be done automatically once the traders begin to leave. The only times I've had your problem is when one of those two conditions aren't met. I also don't deselect anything.

How long does it sit around after the traders have left?

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 12:35:10 am »

Any items at the depot that are not currently marked for trade should be moved to an appropriate stockpile as soon as one of your dorfs decides he's in the mood to do the hauling job.

If the items are not being moved as soon as you finish trading, make sure you have an appropriate stockpile placed and that there is room in that stockpile fro the item.

If the item is a BIN(cloth bin, for instance), make sure that everything in the bin is accepted in at least one available stockpile... I've had it where a dwarf refused to move a bin to a stockpile because the bin contained items that were not enabled
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Ayeohx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 01:06:45 am »

Ahha, that's more than likely the issue then Reese.  My guys seem to just keep loading them up and taking things from them but never seem to be putting them away.  Is there a good way to keep them from mixing bins up?

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 02:45:57 am »

well, they should only get mixed up if they are on a stockpile that accepts a mix of things-  My experience was with a bin that was in a universal bar/block stockpile that ended up with both iron and charcoal in it that I set to only hold charcoal in order to move the bins to a stock pile that only accepted metal bars... the mixed bins were not moved until I set the stock pile back to accepting both types again and set the new stock pile to take from it.

nothing should get put into the bins until they are back in stockpiles, so there should be no way for bins you brought to the depot to become mixed... I was thinking if the traders brought a bin of cloth that was mixed... say cave spider and GCS silk cloth mixed in a bin from a dwarf caravan, or any bin of leather, period, where you'd specifically disabled one of the types of silk or leather in the stockpile menu.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!