Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d16] Crash on view thoughts and mood. [Already reported, partial workaround.]  (Read 1036 times)

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Embarked with 0 points, just to see what 40d16 looked like.  Every time I try to check on the mood of one of my people it crashes to "This program has stopped working" instantly.  Search brought up no hits but... anyone else run into this?

Edit: It's the window size bug, keep your screens below a certain width and you're okay.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:29:53 am by qoonpooka »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16] Crash on view thoughts and mood.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 04:33:39 am »

Could be this bug, if you're using a narrow tileset (such as the default 8x12) on a wide monitor (1600 or greater).  The game tries to set a grid wider than 200 (the supposed maximum) and crashes when it tries to output a long string in that grid.  If it is that bug, it's already been reported in the 40d16 thread.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:36:42 am by Footkerchief »

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:11:11 am »

Looks like it is.  Sadly I can't set a 'grid' on 40d16 so I guess I'll have to keep trying to expand the window until I find the size that works best...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 01:04:06 pm »

The easiest solution would be to switch to a 16x16 tileset.  Also, please retitle the thread to "already reported" or something.

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a 16x16 tileset which is ASCII without the god-awful chunkiness and resolution issues caused by the one provided?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here are the 16x16 tilesets.  I believe Herrbdog's tileset (and Guybrush's modification of it) preserve ASCII.  Both are widely used.

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cooz' is what the bastard who got me into this productivity slayer uses.  Thanks for the link, very helpful!