Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Never any goblins?  (Read 377 times)

Comcastic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Never any goblins?
« on: December 17, 2009, 04:55:19 pm »

Hey, I was just wondering how I can make it so there are tons of sieges and ambushes and the like from goblins. I've been playing for quite a while and I haven't even fought a goblin (other than snatchers).

Help please.

Brother Wrath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Never any goblins?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 05:22:07 pm »

Hey man! How many years has your fort been up? Did you check to see if you were at war with Goblins in the time you embarked? If so, are you in a location accessible by Goblins? These are all things you should check before you embark.

Comcastic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:37:24 pm »

Yeah I'm almost always accessible to goblins. Does it say War on the embark screen? I always thought it was the ---

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 05:42:44 pm »

Goblins don't send sieges until your population reaches 80 or so, and they usually don't send ambushes until your created wealth gets sufficiently high. Start churning out Dwarven syrup roasts and/or valuable metal goods and you'll get sieged in no time.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Brother Wrath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 05:49:35 pm »

It is the ----. That just means they'll siege you; I actually think WAR is a totally different thing. And dont expect any sieges until 80 dwarves; and if you're inaccessible, you wont be getting sieged at all.