Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: /v/'s potentially fail, fortress succession thread!  (Read 37145 times)

Eruonen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: /v/'s potentially fail, fortress succession thread!
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 04:04:08 am »

Well, we discussed it on the imageboard and IRC before we made a thread, actually, so it's not that surprising. Don't worry, we're not the typical /b/ morons.

Also, the rules should be compiled and put in the OP. It's annoying to scan through the thread for them, and I've seen at least one rule that we decided wasn't a rule anymore. :\

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 04:36:07 am »

Hello /v/irgins.

posting to watch, this could be fail but could be win.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2009, 05:31:24 am »

Put me on the list of bros to play.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 05:44:29 am »

Don't worry, we're not the typical /b/ morons.
Oh I know, /v/ isn't really that bad. I moonlight there occasionally from /a/ /c/ and /jp/. So I'm looking forward to see how this continues. ^__^
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Moogly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2009, 08:42:49 am »

Far less water than I had expected, think I will have to scrap my underwater housing for my dwarf.
Will have to substitute it with a nifty waterfall and see if I can make it as weird as possible.

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2009, 08:51:26 am »

I'll be keeping my eye on this. :P

lukeevil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2009, 10:26:10 am »

Downloading now, Let's see how the fortress is doing...

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2009, 11:44:49 am »

Sign me up.
Year 14?
Well, I'm guessing that due to boredom, lack of time, frustration with the location of the fortress enough players will toss their turn for me to get year 7, or 8.

lukeevil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2009, 06:19:07 pm »

Well here I am, Continuing from where As Always left off.

I began inspecting the fortress so I may get a general idea of where the stockpiles are, workshops etc. I knew I had to improve the fort so i started by  adding some rooms below, little did I know that we didn't even have enough wood to make beds.

I had renamed an engraver I took a fancy to after myself, Shortly after he adopted some cats.

Immediately after inspecting the area I spotted an area filled with magma, cautiously I approached the area thinking about how I can use this to make a magma forge. This was my setting, sadly I have not completed it yet so my successor has to continue from where I left off...

The fort needed a lot of new things added to it and it was time to get to work, unfortunately my dwarfs thought otherwise and held many parties in the meeting hall
In the meantime, after designating plaves to be mined and workshops to be built I kepy a close eye on As Always, after all I wanted to take good care of my predecessor's dwarf and keep her alive for as long as possible, then this happened.....

At first I was calm thinking it was something normal for a dwarf to do and that she would probably claim one of my workshops and get to work, saldy this did not go as I had hoped. After some time I checked on the dwarf to see how she was doing, she was thirsty although the brewer was making alcohol all the time. She didn't drink which sadly led to this.

Of course I would not forget about her so I built her a resting place fit for her, the walls were smoothed and engraved engraved by an engraver I personally chose, which I named "Luke.Evil". She was put into her final resting place at this location.] R.I.P As Always.

After engraving As Always' tomb I sent Luke.Evil to engrave the main workplace of the dwarfs to life their spirits so they won't spiral into a bad mood, We all know what happens when a dwarf goes fucking apeshit on everyone.This is the workplace after having it engraved and smoothed

But ofcourse this backfired and one of my dwarfs fell into a fey mood...]
All of this was happening while I was preoccupied with my mining designations and carefully preparing the earth to be stricken and ultimately resulting in making my successors job easier to make a magma forge.
When all was almost done I received an announcement that one of my dwarfs has gone batshit-insane and went berserk
This made me drop a log in my pants and my attempts at locking him a room were fruitless as he didn't enter any room, He had stricken without warning...
before i knew it BAM! He had killed two dwarfs, thus eliminating 2 squads and he even managed to land a hit on his killer which ultimately made him suffocate.
All of the bodies were placed in caskets except the last body of the killer who is currently pending to be put in a casket.
I have designated this place to be mined for stockpiles if my successor is willing to designate the last spot to begin mining.
Also I have taken the liberty to build some more rooms on the ground floor along the corridor when my successor decides to make some beds for the dwarfs in the fort. I have chosen to stop before spring, I;m in the middle of winter so it shouldn't be too long until spring comes along and starts the new year !
Also, be careful as some of the dwarfs are kind of pissed of since they saw four people die right in front of their eyes.
The Link to the save file is http://uploading.com/files/3cmc3583/Save.rar/

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2009, 07:53:44 pm »

You can crop out the white space, you know.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2009, 08:19:22 pm »

Spoiler the images, we aren't sa/v/ages here.

As Always

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2009, 08:37:33 pm »

I DIED IN THE SECOND YEAR?
WHAT THE FUCK.

Also, I was a she? I didn't even notice that one. Aah well.
"...Although, how you misplace an entire corpse is beyond me."

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2009, 03:35:17 am »

Awesome, how do you get on the list to succeed the fort? I've always wanted to be a part of one of these ever since I read boatmurdered.

You show interest, which you've done, wanna be added?
Sure, but I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to DF.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2009, 05:51:07 am »

Use the [spoiler ] tags to hide the images.
And what the fuck is up with the huge white-space? Please understand the basic concepts of cropping.
This is what an image should look like.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please -_-

Hexon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2009, 08:01:01 am »

Oh boy. We're getting fucked over already. Artifact fucked to be precise. I bet it's the lack of wood, it's gotta be. It shall be an interesting hurdle to overcome to be sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15