Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56672 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (The Dawn of Day 3, 72 hours remain)
« Reply #315 on: January 28, 2010, 08:11:27 pm »

Toony, try voting for someone. If my power worked right, you should be immune to the rules and thus, in theory, your vote should land on who you want it to land on.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 28, 2010, 08:12:08 pm »

Unvote.

Vote Apostolic.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 28, 2010, 08:16:08 pm »

Voten Counten Requesten

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 28, 2010, 08:48:17 pm »

Toony, try voting for someone. If my power worked right, you should be immune to the rules and thus, in theory, your vote should land on who you want it to land on.

Oh... is that why my voting actually worked yesterday?  Awesome.

RedWarrior, a request, assuming you're being truthful. Disable both rules, and then double post when you post, to keep the rules disabled.

So, Nirur Torir/Shades/RedWarrior0, what are your suspicions, and why?

I'm suspicious of Shades right now, because confirming three people as townie per night seems like an implausible role to me. There's also that WIFOM he through in that last post.
And yet, it's a rather risky move to false-claim like that.
If Glyph is correct that he roleblocked RedWarrior, along with Shades being correct, that makes him a wise lynch, I think. His role is also perfect for a false-claim, because we really don't want to miss a chance to know the rules.

Bah, sorry.  The vote + FoS were landed on RedWarrior0, and the question was supposed to be addressed to him.  Thank you, however, for your explanation.

Now, let's see if my vote/FoS actually go through correctly this time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 28, 2010, 09:19:27 pm »

Testing:

Alsark. Also...Shades.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 28, 2010, 09:58:19 pm »

Oh... is that why my voting actually worked yesterday?  Awesome.

A quick check reveals that i targeted Vector N1, so yes, that is why your voting worked.

Awesome. My power works as stated :D

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 29, 2010, 01:02:21 am »

"Vote count!" you shout.
"Voten Counten Requesten!", you shout.

But no answer comes forth from the heavens, from the ground, or from the sea. There isn't even any sea here, what were you doing expecting an answer from it?

But, high above you, you see a single sheet of paper fluttering down, swinging back and forth, curving and diving as it floats toward you. As it lands, you rush over to it, where you can see writing on it. Unlike the elegantly carved tablets, it appears to have been hastily scribbled in pencil:

[Engrave on a stone tablet, minus anything in square brackets]

[Some sort of introduction. Encourage the players a bit, but sow some confusion]
Well, well! you certainly have been busy this morning, haven't you? Roles and votes and night actions, oh my! Of course, the key to victory is shared information. But can you trust the information you are given? Some among you are... Not working toward the same ends.

[Lead into the vote count, then give some kind of reveal]
But, I'm sure you're all eager to know where those confidently-thrown votes have landed. Here you are:

Apostolic Nihilist[2]
GlyphGryph[0,1]
Redwarrior0[1]
Shades[0,1]
ToonyMan[0,1]

[Recount rules state: rule 4 off, others on]
Rule 4 is currently inactive, but the others are all in force. Keep that in mind when making your decisions.

[Question if those votes fell the way they expected them to]
And there is the eternal question of whether those votes were the votes you meant to cast, and if those votes were the right votes to cast. Of course, only you can tell the former, and only time will tell the latter.

[Questions]
Now then, there was a question, we believe

What are all the rules Rysith?

All of the rules are rules.

[Closing. More confusion, but not too much. ymgyaboen rpMestiectd hne]
Now then, you were all busily figuring out who you were and what you had done. Don't let us get in the way of that. Though you still have plenty of time to make your decision, surely you see the weight of deciding life and death for another?

Not like the others at all, then. Very strange indeed.

Edit: I can totally read my notes on the votecount, again
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:15:22 am by Rysith »
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (I Claim... , 57 hours remain)
« Reply #322 on: January 29, 2010, 01:10:03 am »

I do believe that some vagrant has made off with my vote.

My god, have you forsaken me?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 29, 2010, 01:14:02 am »

Looks like my power works. ToonyMan, and, by proxy, Zai, have votes that make sense.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 29, 2010, 04:23:38 am »

I'm suspicious of Shades right now, because confirming three people as townie per night seems like an implausible role to me. There's also that WIFOM he through in that last post.

I agree that it's an implausible role, however do remember that I never got who I targeted, or even who I expected to target, and in a group of three the chances of getting no scum is actually quite low. However at some point I have to trust the results of my actions and hence my claim.

I didn't expect everyone else to claim too though. That probably doesn't go well if my night action results are wrong in some way.

Assuming I'm not lynched, which would at least prove I'm town, I will attempt to check the final three people although guessing who will give me that set is going to be hard.

So, Nirur Torir/Shades/RedWarrior0, what are your suspicions, and why?

I pretty much stated all my suspicions in my claim, what exactly are you asking here?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 29, 2010, 04:26:52 am »

Hah, sorry.  The format was poor, for which I apologize.

That means "Put a vote and FoS on RedWarrior0 by actioning the correct people, and ask him the given question."  It has nothing to do with you or Nirur Torir intrinsically.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 29, 2010, 10:25:41 am »

Things have died down a bit since the beginning of the day, most of you now lost in thought rather than hurling votes, accusations, and claims.

But even your thought is interrupted by a whistling noise as a lead tablet falls from the sky, burying itself in the sand with the impact.
As usual, you rush over to read the words you are sure are on the tablet.

A healthy round of discussion, brought to an end by a simple message? Or perhaps for some other reason. We shall see. In any case, your progress is most impressive, and some of you may live through this yet.

Neither the votes nor the rules have changed since our last communication, but since there were two accounting errors found in the previous votecount we agree that it would be best to simply include a correct votecount, to reduce confusion:

Apostolic Nihilist[2]
GlyphGryph[0,1]
Redwarrior0[1]
Shades[0,1]
ToonyMan[0,1]

Questions, questions. Ah, yes: Vector,

My god, have you forsaken me?

That's a question with plenty of philosophical and theological implications. Suffice to say that we have not intentionally done so, and that to our knowledge no vagrants were allowed into the accounting offices

Well then, don't let us keep you from your activities.

Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (A lull , 48 hours remain)
« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2010, 01:55:15 pm »

How are the rules now?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 29, 2010, 02:25:52 pm »

What do all the rules state?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 29, 2010, 02:31:45 pm »

I don't think the FoS's are put down one... I think they go directly onto who they're supposed to.

Thus, RedWarrior0.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38