Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56693 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (A Puff of Smoke, 24 hours remain in Day 2)
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2010, 11:08:53 pm »

Extension. Also, new votecount ASAP, please.

I'm still thinking our votes are just time-delayed by one votecount. At the very least, I think mine is. (Waiting to confirm)

Don't think so, because fabrication of initial vote counts seems extraordinarily improbable and against the spirit of the semi-bastard mod.  To experiment...

1. Extension.

2. RedWarrior0. Apostolic Nihilist.

Alsark, come in here or hang.  I'm preparing a case against you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2010, 12:16:01 am »

There you are, making discussion and voting (So close to your goal, it seems), when a rotating kaleidoscope of men, elves, dwarves, goblins, and kobolds appears above you in the sky. As they meld back and forth between each other hypnotically, each produces a clear glass tablet from their eyes, which push out of the illusion and merge into one as they fall, finally landing softly at your feet with the sound of horns. Eager to receive its wisdom, you rush over to fill your minds with its words:

Such conviction! Such unity! Surely, the logic of this place cannot be far from your collective grasp! Vote with confidence and skill, that you may choose the correct one for the gallows!

Your requests for a lengthening of the day have been heard, and the fires of the sun will burn over you for longer, as you requested. Now then, let's get around to how your votes have fallen:

Alsark[2]
Apostolic Nihilist[2,1]
LASD[0,2]
Nirur Torir[1,1]
Redwarrior0[0,3]
Shades[0,1]
Vector[0,1]
Zai[0,1]

Each of you must decide for yourself if your votes were as you had desired, and no doubt you must resolve the current tie before night comes to cool the sands. But, you have ample time to resolve it to your satisfaction. You might wish to know that Rule 4 is now inactive, leaving both it and Rule 5 inactive.

But, there were questions! We like questions! And they were even questions we can answer!

How have the votes changed between those two vote counts? Or did you mean the results are the same but the supporting votes are different?

There was an initial inaccuracy in the vote count that we sent, since the Halmie still had votes on it. Obviously, you cannot vote for one who transformed in a puff of smoke, so the vote count needed to be altered to reflect the new state. It was modified to accurately reflect the state of the world, none of your actions were changed.

Has rule 4 changed in between vote counts during our replies or only just before/after you deliver the tablet?

Rule 4 changes regardless of when we report it, immediately after the words that cause it to change, though we report its state at each tally. It has not yet changed back or forth without us reporting it to be in the new state, however.

Now then, I'm sure you had theories that either need refinement given your new information, or theories that have held solid thus far that can be used to your advantage. Either way, good luck in your endeavors!

The kaleidoscope, which has been watching you with eyes of flame as you read, slowly fades back into the twisted purple sky, leaving you alone once again.

================

Extension Granted, the day will now end at 10:30 AM on Wednesday.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2010, 02:54:40 am »

Alsark, come in here or hang.  I'm preparing a case against you.

Lol... not really sure what kind of case there would be to make, to be honest... I haven't been around.

Sorry, I have been caught up in other things. I will attempt to catch up, however, I have a lot of stuff going on - today was a really bad day. So I wouldn't mind being replaced if somebody would be interested in replacing me.

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Men and Elves, 36 hours remain in Day 2)
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2010, 03:24:39 am »

UnvoteUn-FoS.

EVERYONE, please don't change your votes until the morning update.  Let's try to crack this thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2010, 05:08:23 am »

At least request a Vote Count if your doing that.

It seems like it's almost a mapping from the names on the first post to the names alphabetically, hence why Halmie votes went to LASD, but it doesn't seem to work for all the votes, just enough to make me keep trying that route.

Rules 4 and 5 change too often for me to see the link so far because we can't know when they actually change between two vote counts. Also I'm not entirely sure when rule 5 has changed.

Has rule 5 ever changed between updates on its active status?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2010, 05:16:34 am »

Yeah, without real-time updates on rule changes, finding out exactly what it is that causes those changes is going to be difficult.

I'm guessing there is some sort of trigger phrase or reference, something like requesting a vote count, referring to a vote count, or possibly even something as simple as "Every time a post mentioned Rule X, it's state changes."

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2010, 05:31:33 am »

Okay I'm clearly an idiot and trying to over complicate things.

Taking the name list alphabetically we have
Alsark
Apostolic Nihilist
GlyphGryph
LASD
Neruz
Nirur Torir
Redwarrior0
Shades
Toonyman
Vector
Zai

With rules 5 inactive and the rest active then votes go on x in the person one up in the list and fos go on y for the person one down on the list.

With rules 4 and 5 then both votes and fos add to the person one down the list (still x and y respectively).

It also seems multiple fos's count, and the above has only been true for day 2, doesn't seem to hold for day 1 so clearly there is more effecting it than I have accounted for here. Also day 2 it doesn't account for the "Redwarrior0 [0,1]" in the first vote count but otherwise seems to.

I'm guessing there is some sort of trigger phrase or reference, something like requesting a vote count, referring to a vote count, or possibly even something as simple as "Every time a post mentioned Rule X, it's state changes."

I agree about the trigger phrase, the phrasing of the last vote count seemed to suggest that. But I have yet to see what it is.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2010, 05:33:27 am »

Edit by way of quote

With rules 4 and 5 then both inactive and the rest active, votes and fos add to the person one down the list (still x and y respectively).

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2010, 05:34:40 am »

I fail at the forums :(

With rules 4 and 5 both inactive and the rest active then both votes and fos add to the person one down the list (still x and y respectively).

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2010, 11:06:04 am »

The sand glitters, you can feel enlightenment closing in on you, like a wolf on the throat of a helpless multi-legendary adventurer. Surely, you now understand the system by which you are selecting one of you to be killed in twenty four hours? All you need now is confirmation of your theories.

Wait! There it is! Streaking through the sky like a green-tailed answer, the copper tablet containing everything you need to confirm lands on the ground only mildly too hot to touch. You shovel sand on it until it cools, and eager read its words.

We told you it was a very simple game, did we not? Of course it's not overcomplicated! Of course, your theory might be incorrect (or correct), but you'll have to discover that for yourself. And that discovery can only be made with a vote count:

Alsark[2]
Apostolic Nihilist[1,1]
LASD[0,2]
Nirur Torir[1,1]
Redwarrior0[0,3]
Shades[0,1]
Vector[0,1]
Zai[0,1]

Is that what you expected? Perhaps. Perhaps not! In any case, both rules 4 and 5 remain inactive, and no other rules have changed their state. Ah, but there was a question too.

Has rule 5 ever changed between updates on its active status?

Yes, rule 5 has changed states and back between updates.

Now then. Twenty four hours to go, and a broken tie. Is that as you desire it?

The words sink into your head like fangs, though it's unclear if enlightenment has left you gasping on the ground while it towers over your prone figure. Only time will tell that.

Edit: Typo.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:41:41 pm by Rysith »
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Enlightenment?, 24 hours remain in Day 2)
« Reply #265 on: January 26, 2010, 12:16:48 pm »

Hmm... well, I'm A-OK with an Alsark-lynch, so I guess I'll see what happens if I vote RedWarrior0.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2010, 12:17:25 pm »

Also, I seem to be unable to de-FoS.  Hence, Alsark.

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2010, 01:08:25 pm »

Well, it's not like I have any kind of defense since I haven't even been here, but since I don't want to screw you all over and would like to pave way for my replacement (if I get replaced), I'm just going to go ahead and say that I have a power. I don't know how this round works - maybe everybody has a power. If that is the case, then it doesn't really matter; otherwise, I'd rather at least not let you all lynch me. I figure it's better to be night-killed than be lynched.

I didn't even want to have to say that, of course, but I have to go to work and won't be back until pretty late, so it would be too late to do anything by then.

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2010, 02:38:58 pm »

Who do I vote to vote Vector?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2010, 03:12:33 pm »

Who do I vote to vote Vector?

Who do I vote to get ToonyMan to occasionally supply reasoning?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38